Let My Boy Ride My Busa

solarbarack

Donating Member
Registered
He's been riding for years. He even has had sponsors, but my baby thats scary. It's a beast even for me. He's been riding a gixxer 750 of his buddies lately, and races his dirt bikes but I still had that uneasy feeling. I told him he could go around the block. It turns out he really impressed me the boy has a great deal of skill and control. I have to say I'm pretty proud of him. I still don't think I'd let him take it any further though. Do you guys think I'm just paranoid? That's alot of bike. Or do you think he's o.k., and I'm just too worried of a parent. He is 18, works at a great job, takes care of his stuff, and is very respectful of the power. Just wanted to share this with everyone. Has anyone else here let their kids ride their pride and joy.

Brad

IMG_0074.jpg

I think if he's responsible on his 750, he'll be just fine on the busa. Respect is the most important thing.

I think your paranoia is just being a concerned parent.
beerchug.gif

agree... if hes riding 750's and such already and is good once around the block is cool... as for the busa out umm no. i'd say get your own lol...

p.s : where is his leg protection on that 186mph machine... j/k id be proud of him to.

+1 there. if hes as responsible and respectful as you say he is, i see no problem letting hi take it around the block. if he wants to go further, I might suggest that you ride along side him on his buddys 750 to keep him in check.

I've seen the way he rides the 750 though, and he does have skills. He's looking at getting a new bike and worships mine. The big thing is He's a heck of a mechanic too and always wants to help me work on the bike. He has a 98 honda prelude, that he has bought and paid for. He is very responsible, but he wants to buy a busa....

Hmmm they do not call them "On purposes" I do not think either one of you needs the stress or headache of a crash... the test ride should be adequate until he can afford his own IMO.. Perhaps a side by side run down the highway on occasion but I would just let it be what it was... a real treat...

I let my son ride mine.
winkold.gif

Of course he lets me ride his 05 red/black busa too!
laugh.gif

no 1 rides my bikes anymore i let my boy ride my lil 600rr dropped it at like 5 miles an hour but its was still ****** up so now if someone asks me if "hey can borrow your bike i ask em can i borrow your wife? cuz either way one's coming back laid

i bought my busa at 23 still have it my dad rode goldwing RIP. i did not tell him for a year. if he is smart enough to have the power
thumb_up.gif

you are just paranoid if he has skill and you know it just relax and trust him.
thats like my dad, he is the same way with his F150 he bought and my mom
conveniced him i will be safe and i drove it from nebraska to kansas and back.
But i drove it with respect cause i knew it wasnt mine and it would hurt my
dad if i damaged it.

You're a tad bit paranoid but I would be too. You can't choose how you feel but if you can let him ride it, you're a better man than I am!

--Wag--

Some of the hardest things you'll ever experience in life will happen when rearing your kids. Its extremely difficult to not hold your kids back because of YOUR fears. I've already experienced this with my 7yo. He came barreling around a 10 mph corner at 20 on his dirt bike. Seeing him accelerating towards the upcoming corner and not slowing down, I wanted to yell SLOW DOWN but somehow chose to shut myself up and let him do as he thought he could. He made the corner with relative ease and hasn't looked back.
I applaud you for considering letting your son ride such a powerful bike. I think it is a much better idea to ride WITH him. He's no different than the rest of us on this board. He's GOING TO hammer that throttle one day. I'd prefer to be with my son and give him my blessing and support him in the effort. The single best place to do this is at a 1/4 mile drag strip. Let him roll out easy then hammer it and let the bike teach him what REAL power is and he will have the proper amount of respect for the busa and perhaps gain enough fear/respect to not do it on the street. That's my plan for my little buddy my .02

Responsible on your ride going around the block and responsible while riding with his friends at 18 is something totally different. Only you and he knows his personality and his friends. I'm not saying he's not the greatest and most careful kid in the world, I just know myself at 18..........an "OH BOY"
race.gif

Back