"Friends"

Yeah, but at the same time, I feel kinda bad for throwing away 22 yrs of friendship, especially with the hard times hes going through right now.  Granted, he did bring them on himself, but still...if i turn my back on him when he needs a friend, what kind of person does that make ME?
Well if I read this right, it sounds like HE is the one throwing away a good friend.  Feel sorry all you want but step away.  Staying in the relationship only sets you up to be used more and to have more greif in the future.  Life is WAY too short to have people like that in it.

Will you ever be able to trust this guy and will he ever have your back? So of what use is he to keep as a "friend"?  Move on, there will be a true friend that will be worth your friendship and time. IF he pulls his head out of his butt, then you can offer your friendship.

Just my .02$

-Nanwags

In 22 years of friendship I'm sure there has been lots of good times and some not so good. This would be the time friends should talk...if you can't man up and have a talk with your friend, that things aren't right in the friendship...then your not being a very good friend yourself.

Go talk to your friend...have a few beers, beat the crap out of him...whatever you do, just get it all out in the open and then decide where you guys go from there.

Good Luck
beerchug.gif

Wow, My former riding buddy is going through the same sh*t. Losing everything, wont work, "Holding out for management". I told him what I thought about his situation being totally self destructive. Did not go over very well. I have been trying to help him for 5 years "get it together", but he is on a path that only he can see. I feel for ya. But some people are beyond help and have to hit bottom before they try to help themselves. In my instance, the distance thing is what I chose. Cant be dragged into never ending drama. Good luck and dont blame yourself.

Back