Best Friends son passsed away this morning

Busaman5000

Donating Member
Registered
I am writing this kind of speechless. I don't know what to say, it was all just such a shock. He was out skateboarding with some friends when he took a fall and hit his head on the pavement. He was not wearing a helmet. He was 18.

He lived in GA with his mom, so I had only met him once or twice. Jay my friend, his father had called me at 4:30am this morning, I didn't get the call because I was sleeping and I turn the ringer off on my phone when im a sleep to avoid telemarketers. So I called him as soon as I got his message when I woke up this morning. I gave him my condolences and that what ever at all that he needed I would help him. But aside from that I didn't really say anything else. I felt like I should have said more but I just was speechless I didn't know what to say. What can I say?

I feel really bad because we had went camping last weekend. I can't help but to think I kept him from seeing his son one last time before he died because of a stupid camping trip. I probably shouldn't think like that but its hard not to.

Oh man, I dont know what to say......prayers sent. Dont take life for granted, live it like there is no tomorrow. Let your loved ones know you love them, now!

Just so sad...I'm so sorry to hear this
sad.gif
sad.gif
Far too young...

sad.gif

Sad...... Prayers sent to you and your friends family..........

Sorry for your friend and his son's mother. Do not beat yourself up. There is no way to know what the lord has planned for us. You start thinking like that and you will never do anything. You will not live.
Prayers go out to all involved.
Sorry again.

I am writing this kind of speechless.  I don't know what to say, it was all just such a shock.  He was out skateboarding with some friends when he took a fall and hit his head on the pavement.  He was not wearing a helmet.  He was 18.

He lived in GA with his mom, so I had only met him once or twice.  Jay my friend, his father had called me at 4:30am this morning, I didn't get the call because I was sleeping and I turn the ringer off on my phone when im a sleep to avoid telemarketers.  So I called him as soon as I got his message when I woke up this morning.  I gave him my condolences and that what ever at all that he needed I would help him.  But aside from that I didn't really say anything else.  I felt like I should have said more but I just was speechless I didn't know what to say.  What can I say?

I feel really bad because we had went camping last weekend.  I can't help but to think I kept him from seeing his son one last time before he died because of a stupid camping trip.  I probably shouldn't think like that but its hard not to.
My pastor told me that in times like this when you are trying to console someone, the best thing you can do is just let them know you are there for them and that you care.

You can never fully understand what a person is going through. All you can do is let them know you are there if they need you.

Theres really nothing you can say don't feel bad about the camping trip . Theres no way of knowing when we will be called to come home by God . Prayers are sent to your friends family and friends. He is going to need you so I will pray for you to have the strength and knwoledge to know what to do and say to comfort him.

It's hard to say things in that situation. I wouldn't worry if I was you. It's better to to give him your condolences and support, then to stumble on your words. Call him back when your head is together. Sorry to hear, and at such a young age.

thats so so sad. I cant even think about loosing one of my kids. my cousin died suddenly like that in a auto accident. all you can do is be there for him and let him know you care. call him every now and then just to say hi.

there is nothing you can say to make it better. being there for him to talk to when hes ready is the best thing for you to do.

I'll be Praying for your friend and the family.

This is really sad news. My prayers go out to everyone close to this young man. Life is short and unpredictable, that is why I tell my family I love them every time I speak with them.

Do not accept or wallow in blaming yourself for the potentially preventing your friend from seeing his son one last time. Bazillions of events could also have prevented that.

The best advice I've seen written here thus far is...tell the people you love how much they mean to you.

For some of us, there is indeed no tomorrow. Like it or don't.

Back