I hate to say it, but I called it....

Rev. 6:5

Registered
About a month ago I saw a Katana 600 screaming like a bat out of hell through a residential area. At every stop sign he'd gun it hard trying to make that little Katana scream like a sport bike. He was zipping in and out of traffic. I followed him until he made it home where I turned on my overhead lights and jumped out. He took his helmet off and it was the brother of one of my fellow officers. I chewed his ass and explained that the only reason he wasn't going to jail was because I knew and respected his brother. I told him if he kept riding like that he was going to kill himself.

I then told his brother that he needed to have a sit-down with him because he was going to kill himself riding like that.

Yesterday he was zipping in and out of traffic somewhere around Dallas and dropped it. It sounds like he would have made it if it weren't for the two cars behind him that treated him like a speed bump. I understand when my fellow officer went in to identify his brother, he couldn't do it. He said his brother didn't even look like a human being.

The point of the story is that if someone says you're going to kill yourself riding the way you do, you probably are.

Very sad news. I'm sorry he didn't heed your advice and had to pay the ultimate price. Prayers to family and friends. RIP.

The troubling part of this story is his brother said, "Good, I hope that idiot kills himself on that thing." I know he didn't mean it, but man, it's got to be weighing on his mind right now.

Hate to hear that, and that he did not take your advice~!~

Sometimes it helps to hear it from an outside person~!!~

I'm really sorry the kid didn't learn his lesson before it was to late.:( Prayers to your fellow officer and his family.

Too bad he didn't listen...... :(

CloseOnesEyes-kanji.jpg

RIP.
That really sucks for the brother... That's gonna eat at him.

Could you call my brother and tell him i'm going to win the lottery?

I'm a longtime member of KatRiders and I posted the link over there. Not sure if anyone knew him or not, nevertheless, a sad story that gets told way too often.

Poor fool...

It is always hard to accept the death of even the least significant acquaintances. To learn that someone died after you tried to correct the behavior that resulted in his death must be especially difficult.

We are now loosing 5,000+ comrades annually to our two wheeled machines. The reckless seem to be the first to go. My heart goes out to his brother. Sad day in his life, no doubt!

It's sad that he didn't learn before it happened.

I would of had his brother make the call on what to do about his riding performance right then and there.

You called it,yet you didn't use the reason the laws were put in place... to Save Lives! think of the other cages that took part in the accident. They got to "Pre" identify for his brother. Potential scars they'll have to live with the rest of their lives.

Don't get me wrong,but how many people just forget the reaming they get from officers ten minutes down the road? I just think more then one lesson could be learned from this story.

R.I.P

Back