Is boosted cycle performance still open?

Rob has contacted me today, still has my bike along with everyone else. He relapsed and caught covid during his stay. But is working diligently on everyone's bike. And I'll be able to get mine in November.

To Roadtoad1340 question, I got no doubt in robs skill or quality of work. There is a reason I drove over 16hrs to have him do my bike. However I do question his horrible almost nonexistent communication skills(also part of my extensive conversation with him).

Hopefully November. May I ask, how long has it been with Rob? Unless it's a full up rebuild with some serious customization, (and I don't mean just a swingarm and shock), or a project bike and you have other bikes to play with and don't care how long it takes. Anything over 6 months is not acceptable in my books. As I said previously, I'm only on this planet once, I 'aint go time to waste, waiting around twiddling my thumbs.

Rob has contacted me today, still has my bike along with everyone else. He relapsed and caught covid during his stay. But is working diligently on everyone's bike. And I'll be able to get mine in November.

To Roadtoad1340 question, I got no doubt in robs skill or quality of work. There is a reason I drove over 16hrs to have him do my bike. However I do question his horrible almost nonexistent communication skills(also part of my extensive conversation with him).
So you know his work and happy by the sounds , then you are laughing mate , he made contact and you are all sorted .
I now hope the other waiting customers on here get the same contact and reassurance .
Perhaps , just a little more effort from Boosted , a month before covid hit even , a little contact and reasonable email response with customers would have stopped most of this chit canning .
Well , now hope to hear good reports from all those waiting customers , be watching this thread .

You could data-log a basic bolt-on bike(pipe and filter, etc).
As far as data-logging a turbo, sc, or nitros bike, I think you would Need a good base map to start with, and some decent tuning experience.
I have zero experience with boosted bikes, so can't really comment other than that's alot of time and money and A/F would be no place to be guessing.
Would way rather data log a turbo bike over a dyno tune on it. Comes out oh so much better.

I also talked to Rob today. We had a 30 minute conversation about everything. He’s working hard at getting everyone’s stuff done. Sucks all this has happened but bright side Rob is still here and trying to make things right and finish peoples bikes. He did say he’s going to make some changes so this doesn’t happen again.

Hopefully November. May I ask, how long has it been with Rob? Unless it's a full up rebuild with some serious customization, (and I don't mean just a swingarm and shock), or a project bike and you have other bikes to play with and don't care how long it takes. Anything over 6 months is not acceptable in my books. As I said previously, I'm only on this planet once, I 'aint go time to waste, waiting around twiddling my thumbs.
I basically bought one of everything hayabusa zone ape has to offer. Started as just a tune that turned into local shop messed up the wiring so bad I paid for the custom wire harness (they also fried my ignition module). So bike went from e85 to pump gas.

Then my choice of fuel pump was a little much for the bike and blew the fuse. Causing it to go super lean at 19lbs. As such the first blown engine.

If we're gana rebuild the engine might as well do the warhead package too. Then clutch started slipping so nlr boosted clutch.

This was followed by good help is hard to find. Whoever Rob found to assist didn't torque a bolt down all the way. Causing the second blown engine.

Rob accepted responsibility for this and rebuilt the 3rd engine out of his pocket. During which covid hits and turn around and parts are hard to get in a reasonable time. Also During the whole ordeal 2 stints in rehab and 1 month long stay of covid hospitalization.

Should probably get Rob to do a YouTube video on one simple tune turned serialistic nightmare.

I basically bought one of everything hayabusa zone ape has to offer. Started as just a tune that turned into local shop messed up the wiring so bad I paid for the custom wire harness (they also fried my ignition module). So bike went from e85 to pump gas.

Then my choice of fuel pump was a little much for the bike and blew the fuse. Causing it to go super lean at 19lbs. As such the first blown engine.

If we're gana rebuild the engine might as well do the warhead package too. Then clutch started slipping so nlr boosted clutch.

This was followed by good help is hard to find. Whoever Rob found to assist didn't torque a bolt down all the way. Causing the second blown engine.

Rob accepted responsibility for this and rebuilt the 3rd engine out of his pocket. During which covid hits and turn around and parts are hard to get in a reasonable time. Also During the whole ordeal 2 stints in rehab and 1 month long stay of covid hospitalization.

Should probably get Rob to do a YouTube video on one simple tune turned serialistic nightmare.
Hi. Yes you need good people to help or it can be a BIG mess. Frank at Powerhouse, DME, DAS. A1 Coatings, 1 Stop Speed, Pro Bolt USA, MTC,Rick at Harry's and all the people here and many more that help me.

8551.jpeg

Bike successfully? recovered from rob. He said it was good to go beside the oil pan needed to be put back on. Get it back and still has shrapnel from July 2020.

He's paid in full and I got to find someone to go through the entire engine to see what corner ls were cut. Not sure how lazy you have to be to leave a oil pan like this for a year and a half. Cautionary tale for those that still have they're bikes with him.

Don't think he'll ever answer my phone calls again.

6 years 1 month 9 days. It was with Rob

View attachment 1645697

Bike successfully? recovered from rob. He said it was good to go beside the oil pan needed to be put back on. Get it back and still has shrapnel from July 2020.

He's paid in full and I got to find someone to go through the entire engine to see what corner ls were cut. Not sure how lazy you have to be to leave a oil pan like this for a year and a half. Cautionary tale for those that still have they're bikes with him.

Don't think he'll ever answer my phone calls again.
I don't blame you for going off and making sure he doesn't answer your calls ever again because that is just beyond ridiculous. Like was said we all battle our own demons but if you can't take care of your customers then at minimum apologize and refund their money and let them take out somewhere else to get done because regardless of covid 2 years to get parts and put a bike back together that was caused by an employee is not acceptable in any way. I'm glad you got it back even if it is in the condition it's in at least your one step closer to riding it again.

Was your bike with him for 6 continuous years or 6 years all together?
Continous.

@sixpack577
Not complete will need another builder to go through it. Oil pan had shrapnel from July 2020.

@Dopey
Parts may take a while, but my breaking point is a unclean oil pan full of shrapnel from over a year ago.

When I looked over the other bikes there they looked as though they haven't been touched in months. But he couldn't clean a oil pan in a year and a half.

Shitty that knowledgable shop owners here are gone. I really like frank from powerhouse I'm new to the whole turbo high hp stuff and hes quick to answer my emails and really patient with me.

I read a few posts of the 2 shops fighting which is shitty cause I think frank gave up on the forums because of it but it was before my time here.

I hope you get your bike back together and everything is golden you deserve it.

Continous.

@sixpack577
Not complete will need another builder to go through it. Oil pan had shrapnel from July 2020.

@Dopey
Parts may take a while, but my breaking point is a unclean oil pan full of shrapnel from over a year ago.

When I looked over the other bikes there they looked as though they haven't been touched in months. But he couldn't clean a oil pan in a year and a half.
I hate to hear that for you, I really do.
There is no excuse for that.
I really hope you get it sorted out and finished correctly, and very soon.

Continous.

@sixpack577

@Dopey

OMG. That’s ridiculous. Crazy.
You sir, have, (had) the patience of a saint. I thought about it, that’s 6 years of a human life that you’ll never get back. All the time missing something that you have invested heavily in.
As @Dopey said, it’s not hard to make a call and explain the situation.
I agree with you, that oil pan should have been stripped and cleaned along with the rest of the engine during its 3rd rebuild. Unacceptable

Back