Is boosted cycle performance still open?

What could possibly take 18 months to complete?
The head and cylinder had to be repaired. That took a little longer then expected. But the thing that held it up was the nlr clutch I think that took 6 months to get. He’s a busy guy and I believe he has a full time job too. Then COVID slows parts down and shipping poop. It is what it is. I work on cars all day and COVID has slowed poop down for us.

He’s around. Heard from him last week. Family is taking up some time
Since July 7 2020?

Screenshot_20210516-155314_Message+.jpg

Screenshot_20210516-155347_Message+.jpg

Screenshot_20210516-155305_Message+.jpg

Still radio silence from Rob, he didn't get jailed for street racing?

Epic quest to locate Rob and my bike begins.
Says he was on the org Thursday so I would of expected him to at least reply to this thread or send u a dm. I'm sure his notifications stay full with message alerts and being tagged but I definitely feel your stress. I get he's a 1 man show for the most part but communication is key with customers. The company i work for is one that will take in all the work they can get regardless of how busy us mechanics are and it drives me nuts. If we're over full it's better to turn away work or let them know it's gonna be a long wait rather then getting them upset over stuff not getting worked on.

Yes, still open. With the exception of takin in JoeSTi’s bike, I haven’t taken on any extra work in at least 8 months. Even just small stuff like basic maintenance stuff as while it could be quick extra money, more times then not it ends up turning in to a project of some sort. And that just keeps me away from stuff I already have in the shop that’s already taken longer then it should.

I even turn down builds almost daily. I started to realize early last year that I was starting to get in over my head, and started throttling back taking in work till I got caught up. But as luck would have it, the last 3 bikes I took in were supposed to be just tunes and a few small items ended up tuning in to full builds as the bikes ended up being not what the owners thought they were.

Ill say that the amount of problems that have delayed progress on a lot of bikes is laughable over the last two years. My getting COVID, natural disasters, extremely long lead times on parts, job layoffs forcing Overtrimefamily issues, the list goes on.

Most embarrassing though is I had to check myself in to rehab as my drinking had gotten way out of control. That was a 4 month stay there. And then most recently a two week stent of IOP as recommended by my doctor. I’m happy to say I’m almost 10 months clean and sober. However adjusting to life has proven to be a challenge.

So I’d like to apologize to the members here for not being on here to help as much as I should be. Part of working the program is owning my mistakes and try to right my wrongs. So this is me doing that.

I attribute some of my reasoning for abusing alcohol to working on bikes. But most to my “day job” and things that were happening to me in life.

Because of that, I’m making changes to my business model reduce the chances of getting in over my head again. I’ll talk more about that in the future. But don’t worry, I’m not going anywhere.

Yes, still open. With the exception of takin in JoeSTi’s bike, I haven’t taken on any extra work in at least 8 months. Even just small stuff like basic maintenance stuff as while it could be quick extra money, more times then not it ends up turning in to a project of some sort. And that just keeps me away from stuff I already have in the shop that’s already taken longer then it should.

I even turn down builds almost daily. I started to realize early last year that I was starting to get in over my head, and started throttling back taking in work till I got caught up. But as luck would have it, the last 3 bikes I took in were supposed to be just tunes and a few small items ended up tuning in to full builds as the bikes ended up being not what the owners thought they were.

Ill say that the amount of problems that have delayed progress on a lot of bikes is laughable over the last two years. My getting COVID, natural disasters, extremely long lead times on parts, job layoffs forcing Overtrimefamily issues, the list goes on.

Most embarrassing though is I had to check myself in to rehab as my drinking had gotten way out of control. That was a 4 month stay there. And then most recently a two week stent of IOP as recommended by my doctor. I’m happy to say I’m almost 10 months clean and sober. However adjusting to life has proven to be a challenge.

So I’d like to apologize to the members here for not being on here to help as much as I should be. Part of working the program is owning my mistakes and try to right my wrongs. So this is me doing that.

I attribute some of my reasoning for abusing alcohol to working on bikes. But most to my “day job” and things that were happening to me in life.

Because of that, I’m making changes to my business model reduce the chances of getting in over my head again. I’ll talk more about that in the future. But don’t worry, I’m not going anywhere.
Good poop on the 10 months! I got hospitalized last year for smoking to much weed. Been 8 months clean now and am able to afford race parts again! Keep up the good work and we are all here if you ever need people to chat with about ANYTHING

@Boosted Cycle Perf . . . awesome news Rob, so cool to hear you are still with us, but most of all that you are seeing the light re booze etc . . I quit drinking 3 years ago and what a change in my life!
It was relatively easy for me to quit, but I realize it's difficult for so many folks out there. It's just so worth while to go clean and sober.
Great to have you home my friend!!

Back