Is boosted cycle performance still open?

Ridiculous! And this is the guy who contributed to Powerhouse leaving.

I don't get it,,, money isn't made on jobs that don't move through a shop at a reasonable rate.
And used a job that frank may not have gave 100 percent on to do it but then still had to go to the bike because it wasn't right when he finished either. And no one but the forum lost out by @POWERHOUSE leaving because I know he's in his shop building bikes everyday.

And used a job that frank may not have gave 100 percent on to do it but then still had to go to the bike because it wasn't right when he finished either. And no one but the forum lost out by @POWERHOUSE leaving because I know he's in his shop building bikes everyday.
Hi. And for some reason the hole story was not told on here. I do not know it either. And yes a lot of us miss Frank.

View attachment 1645697

Bike successfully? recovered from rob. He said it was good to go beside the oil pan needed to be put back on. Get it back and still has shrapnel from July 2020.

He's paid in full and I got to find someone to go through the entire engine to see what corner ls were cut. Not sure how lazy you have to be to leave a oil pan like this for a year and a half. Cautionary tale for those that still have they're bikes with him.

Don't think he'll ever answer my phone calls again.
Shrapnel from 2020 He blew the motor in his shop?

Not sure what powerhouse has to do with this. This isn't a comparison. Frank's wiring is quite poor, all terminals on battery. And frank cannot do half the poop that Rob can. What he(rob) did and is doing is extremely poor but that doesn't mean he's a poor builder. There's a reason why many including me went to Rob after going to Frank @POWERHOUSE

Not sure what powerhouse has to do with this. This isn't a comparison. Frank's wiring is quite poor, all terminals on battery. And frank cannot do half the poop that Rob can. What he(rob) did and is doing is extremely poor but that doesn't mean he's a poor builder. There's a reason why many including me went to Rob after going to Frank @POWERHOUSE
Point is Rob wanted to act like he was the almighty and constantly try to make himself out to be better then frank. And whatever Rob is capable of doing doesn't mean a thing if someone has to wait YEARS with no communication to get their bike back in pieces.

That for sure means hes a poor builder sorry man.... if I rebuilt an engine blew it up then rebuilt it again but took 6 years I'd be out of a job or shop would be closed. We have 2 weeks to rebuild an inframe not a month not a year 2 weeks.... including diagnosing...

I hear you all. It is very frustrating, I mean I've have my bike there for a long time.And I am probably being Devil's advocate here. But to use this as an opportunity to talk about how the other builder is better is not fair. We cannot use ones humiliation as an advantage to market someone else. That's all. Both have their benefits and also both have their cons. I've noticed here on the org that it was never friendly discussions between the two more like competition and proving the other wrong. Its tough.

I hear you all. It is very frustrating, I mean I've have my bike there for a long time.And I am probably being Devil's advocate here. But to use this as an opportunity to talk about how the other builder is better is not fair. We cannot use ones humiliation as an advantage to market someone else. That's all. Both have their benefits and also both have their cons. I've noticed here on the org that it was never friendly discussions between the two more like competition and proving the other wrong. Its tough.
I didn't say anyone was better I'm just telling you my personal experience, I actually would have contacted rob before Frank due to rob being a sponsor but I read this thread and decided against it. I don't know rob or have ever dealt with him, my basis is strictly with who I have dealt with. I emailed Frank he answer's within a day, I email Richard he answers within the day.

I have no skin in this game I just hate seeing people getting ripped off... people work hard for their money and the short time we are on this earth to enjoy it. Maybe Rob will come on here one day and clear everything up? Who knows I just read old threads and I feel I missed the glory days lol.

I don't disagree with you but that's sort of what Rob did to Frank. Apparently, there were a lot of problems with the bike Frank worked on (not of Frank's doing) and Rob jumped all over that right on this forum. He trashed Frank and then quietly did even worse with the bike. So it's sort of karma. Anyway, I hope everybody gets their bikes back and Rob gets his chit together.

And I'm sure it kind of came across as that being my intent and I'm sure in some way it was but as @fallenarch said that's exactly what Rob did and caused a long standing sponsor, very knowledgeable and helpful person in general to leave the org and in turn caused us to be the ones to lose out because frank is no longer here helping. But I will say I never realized until this thread how long Rob has been sitting on people's bikes and as a mechanic myself I know that good work is not done fast but with my shop I work at a well as the one I'm in the process of starting myself I know that I have to give someone a reasonable time frame for the repair to be done and if I'm not able to do it in a timely manner that works for us both I have to turn them away to stop exactly what the customers in here have experienced. And while I know there is always 3 sides to every story I will say as much a I enjoyed watching the Lucy build and videos I myself as a mechanic could not have brought myself to spend that much time on something to benefit myself when I had someone bike in my possession as long as he did @LeDauz and it being something that I myself caused and needed to make right that's just not good business practice in anyway.

I don't disagree with you but that's sort of what Rob did to Frank. Apparently, there were a lot of problems with the bike Frank worked on (not of Frank's doing) and Rob jumped all over that right on this forum. He trashed Frank and then quietly did even worse with the bike. So it's sort of karma. Anyway, I hope everybody gets their bikes back and Rob gets his chit together.
I remember a couple of prominent members also loudly backing Rob on Franks demise .

I remember a couple of prominent members also loudly backing Rob on Franks demise .
Yeah, you are right. Frank helped me out on my build, seemed like a stand-up guy. So I think what's overdue here by a lot of us is an apology to Frank. So I apologize Frank for taking a side in this and judging you without even picking up the phone to ask you your side of the story.

Back