My Dream Turbo Hayabusa by Boosted Cycle Performance.

TurboBusa0704

Registered
Here it is folks, some turbo upgrades and full redo of the bike done by our sponsor here on the site @Boosted Cycle Perf . Hope you'll are ready for this one, its gonna be a good one. This was a 240whp on pump and 315whp on c16 before it went to Robert Bors. Gonna be updating with more pictures and videos and how the build is coming along, hope everyone is interested.

#boostedcycleperformance, #ultra, #maxxecu, #brembo, # turbo, #E85, #ID1350X.

20200130_084519.jpg

20200130_084824.jpg

Last edited:
So, after much debate and talk with @Boosted Cycle Perf , First I wanted just an Ultra plenum and max out on the turbo system that I had to 400whp on pump which we initially thought it was a GT28, so the plan was to get the upgrade and get Garrett Gen 2 GTX2876r or something from turbos direct, and get 500+whp with that. But later found out that it was an older T28 so cannot get upgrades for it. So, we decided upon Garrett Gen2 GTX3076r dual ball bearing capable of over 600whp and t3 exhaust manifold and the pipings. We also thought of getting secondaries, Microtech, and everything that goes with it. But after much thought on Roberts's side, he suggested that for just about the same amount of money you could get yourself a standalone ECU(Maxxecu sport) and get rid of things like ECU, Microtech, power commander, boost control(AMS2k), and other things and have just the one box, plus have the capabilities of running E85, which living in PA we have a lot of. With the benefits of Maxx ECU along with running corn, I have capabilities of running boost by speed, wheelie control, traction control, launch control, rolling launch among other things, and run 4 large injectors instead of 8 injectors, so we went with ID1350x which if you know are very nice and capable of flex-fuel.

Last edited:
The bike was plagued with electrical issues, started with gear indicator running upside down and then came to a point where the fuse would go out everytime I'd run it, so frustrated with poor electrical and wiring job I knew Robert does a wonderful job with wiring and so also getting just about all the wiring changed. And custom wiring for the standalone ecu.

What I like about Maxxecu sport standalone is I can run pump gas or e85 or a mix of both and the ecu would recognize whats on there and deliver power accordingly. Beats having to switch between c16 and 93oct. Plus once the c16 would empty in my gas tank I'd be back to lower power as its for street use and no gas stations with c16 as of yet lol. With e85 I can find gas stations with e85 just about anywhere. Although now with ultra plenum I'd probably be around 400whp on 93.

With shocks in going with penske triple adjustable with remote reservoir for the rear and stock for the front, I could go with gen 2 front end with abs for traction control which can be done with the standalone but for now I think I'm good with stock front end.
Hey Turbo. You should be able to utilize the output shaft speed sensor data compared to the input (crank) and control traction that way. I have that ability with my Fuel Tech. If you get an 8 tooth rear wheel trigger it will be more accurate. You have to know the gearing of your trans, so if it is modified from original gearing it will change the calcs. I think you also have to have a G meter... I'm at work but will double check when I get home. Maxx should have this capability without the front wheel sensor. Though it is more accurate and has less chance of activating when it's not supposed to.

@ColdBusa thanks
Hey Turbo. You should be able to utilize the output shaft speed sensor data compared to the input (crank) and control traction that way. I have that ability with my Fuel Tech. If you get an 8 tooth rear wheel trigger it will be more accurate. You have to know the gearing of your trans, so if it is modified from original gearing it will change the calcs. I think you also have to have a G meter... I'm at work but will double check when I get home. Maxx should have this capability without the front wheel sensor. Though it is more accurate and has less chance of activating when it's not supposed to.

What I like about Maxxecu sport standalone is I can run pump gas or e85 or a mix of both and the ecu would recognize whats on there and deliver power accordingly. Beats having to switch between c16 and 93oct. Plus once the c16 would empty in my gas tank I'd be back to lower power as its for street use and no gas stations with c16 as of yet lol. With e85 I can find gas stations with e85 just about anywhere. Although now with ultra plenum I'd probably be around 400whp on 93.
The ecu can compensate for the inconsistency in e85 at local pumps? Thanks

Back