Turbo upgrade question

LeDauz

Registered
Currently running a rcc stg 1 with wossor pistons and spacer. I got a two part question one is about a quick update for texas in October

Question 1:
How hard would it be to add a water injection to the bike? could this be something done in a weekend?(professionally done of course)
Would like to hit texas with 14 lbs of boost or about 350 whp

Question 2:

This winter am going to do rods, bearings, tranny, ultra penlum, data logger, boost controller and all the other little stuff to get 20lbs on 93 octane. How much extra would it take to upgrade the turbo from gt 30 to the gt 40?

I hope this makes sense

assuming the engine is done with an all out build with plenum with a garret 30 would it just be the piping that would have to be switched out to fit a garret 40?

assuming the engine is done with an all out build with plenum with a garret 30 would it just be the piping that would have to be switched out to fit a garret 40?

No sir. To upgrade to a 40r it would require the new turbo, header, wastegate, dumps, oil lines, and turbo up pipe as the 40r is a twin scroll, and requires the use of a 44mm gate.

Alcohol injection can easily be installed in a weekend.

If you need anything let me know as were located on the north side of Houston.

wat r ur goals? u cud go with a GTX3071 and it will make about the same HP as the 40r will on pump gas up to 22 lbs.

but it also depends how old ur RCC kit is. not all of them are upgradeable. the newer ones are from the last few years but previous stage 1 kits were not.

the 40r will surely make more power as the boost goes up but the GTX3071 will make 400 hp on pump gas. thats more then ull ever need or really be able to use most of the time on the street but if ur goin LSR then yea the 40r wud be better. actually their are far better turbos then the 40r now for LSR.

Real limits of the current stg 1 are the fmu
for lsr events i would either go bigger injectors and boost referenced piggyback
or secondary injectors and secondary controller like a microtech

current stg 1 turbo is probably the 400hp t3/t4 unless you special ordered the gt30 and as stated above requires a lot of parts to step up to the gt40, you can get a much bigger t3/t4 that will fit without so much change , or sell your current kit when its time to upgrade

Race fuels are your friend when you turn the boost up, get some c 16 and tune for it , water/methanol inj helps too ,and is a easy fit by just about anyone

Lsr is the goal, the erg one is from last year, currently running 62 lbs injectors.

The 350 hp was picked as the middle ground between what should be achievable with my current set up and water injection.

And will run c16 at Texas

What's recommended over the 40r?

What would be a safe amount of hp to do one lsr event at with stock rods? After the october texas mile am taking it to have the rest of the engine and other lsr mods work done

Damn you already pulled the motor apart to put in pistons why didnt you do rods at the same time?

Back