Stg 1 ultra on e85?

LeDauz

Registered
So not sure if anyone has done this or not but what kind of numbers do you think a Rcc stg 1 ultra would put down on e85?

I know the turbo taps out by 450 rwhp, with the ultra 400 rwhp has been seen on 91 octane, would the e85 get the kit to max out?

prob 460-470 on E85. maybe more. ull get like 5 mpg tho with E85 tho and being in CO it will be cold. E85 doesn't like cold temps. u can't use that much on the street and even at the track thats 7 second power.

but it also depends on the turbo. a stg 1 kit from who? and when? different kits from RCC thru the years have offered different turbos so saying stg 1 is too vague.

thro a GTX3076 on it and it will make a lot more power then a GT30 will. and an ultra 1000 plenum with make more boost then a standard ultra plenum will. prob another 20 hp or so since u can go to 22 lbs safely.

rcc stg 1 from 2012 (I assume it is a gt 3071r, might be wrong) and the ultra 1000 plenum

never had anything running e85, but would it really make that much of a difference to drop mpg to 5? Not to say I don't get that or worse at wot

The turbo in that kit is not a gt30... It's a basic Rcc stage 2 turbo.

I've been doing a bunch with e85 lately on cars. When I was in Chicago I ran e85 for awhile. I will tell you this, the maximum safe hp with that turbo and intercooler is 400whp. Anything after that you'll need race fuel. With e85 you'll be able to run whatever that turbo and fuel system can put out. That would also be if you have an 044 pump, and the upgraded secondaries. Depending on how lean you want to run it, which you can get away with on e85, you could easily get 460 or so out of that turbo.

Fuel mileage can be bad if you don't put a lot of time in to the part theottle tune. I've worked on a few LS based cars with decent size stalls and have been managing to get about the same fuel mileage as on gasoline. Some cars don't. My bike only saw a slight decrease in fuel mileage. I find a lot people that are quick to down e85 due to mileage have never run it, or if they do, they don't tune on it.

in my opinion if you're not exceeding the limits of pump gas on a frequent or daily basis, I'd say stay with gasoline and buy race fuel when needed. In fact the grudge bike I'm building for a customer will run e85. But understand that won't be intercooled, and is a race fuel only bike.

cars and bikes are two different animals bikes don't have stall converters. so you are now tuning bikes with E85? I wasn't aware u bought a dyno. when did u get that and which one did u buy? did u put it in the floor or is it above ground?

I considered E85 but no pumps around here. buddy in NY has a Turbo busa with E85 and he says he's switching back cause his gas mileage is awful so to say the gas mileage is about the same is simply not true which is why it requires you to upgrade ur entire fuel system with bigger lines and pump. and again cold temps make a bike on E85 run like chit and its very inconsistent which is another reason my buddy is switching back to gas.

E85 has a stiochimetic burn of 9:1 comapred to gasolines 14.7:1 which obviously means ur fuel system has to be able to support it. upgrading injectors and raising fuel pressure to meet the demands of E85 will absolutely make ur MPG suffer.

I've been doing a bunch with e85 lately on cars. When I was in Chicago I ran e85 for awhile. I will tell you this, the maximum safe hp with that turbo and intercooler is 400whp. Anything after that you'll need race fuel. With e85 you'll be able to run whatever that turbo and fuel system can put out. That would also be if you have an 044 pump, and the upgraded secondaries. Depending on how lean you want to run it, which you can get away with on e85, you could easily get 460 or so out of that turbo.

Fuel mileage can be bad if you don't put a lot of time in to the part theottle tune. I've worked on a few LS based cars with decent size stalls and have been managing to get about the same fuel mileage as on gasoline. Some cars don't. My bike only saw a slight decrease in fuel mileage. I find a lot people that are quick to down e85 due to mileage have never run it, or if they do, they don't tune on it.

in my opinion if you're not exceeding the limits of pump gas on a frequent or daily basis, I'd say stay with gasoline and buy race fuel when needed. In fact the grudge bike I'm building for a customer will run e85. But understand that won't be intercooled, and is a race fuel only bike.

Gotta love grude racing. There's nothing like it.

Brett, just like all my bikes that I build all the part throttle tuning is done real world on the street, no dyno needed for that. Nothing's more exact then real world load on an engine.

How are bikes and cars diffrent? Pretty sure they are both 4 stroke internal combustion engines. Only reason I've mentioned stalls as you know they tend to decrease mileage due to converter slippage. Either way if you have a stalled car on gasoline, and then convert over to e85 you'll still have an accurate comparison as your not changing anything except fuel. Fuel type isn't gonna make a converter slip more or less.

As I said before a lot of people I see tend to give advice on e85 based on what they've read on the Internet or what a buddy has told them. I see a lot of people ended being surprised after making the switch that it wasn't exactly what everyone on the Internet said it was. (That's if they are actually tuning the vehicle themself)

Yes you need more fuel pump. Yes you need bigger lines and injectors. Will you get better mileage on it no. Will you get worse mileage? Yes. How much? Depends on how much time is put in to the tune. I personally saw an 6-7mpg drop on my bike. Not a 25mpg drop.

so lets say in theory, we got 62lbs injectors and one of those fuel pumps from RCC rated for 700hp, fully built motor (rods, pistons, 1/2" studs, the works); and cared nothing for mileage could a e 85 set up max out a gtx3075r turbo or equivalent turbo? And what would be the approximate rwhp that it produces.

And would it be possible with the right turbo and e85 to get 500rwhp?(more or less wondering limits to e85 in a turbo busa set up)

This is one of my many theoretical questions, so lets leave reasoning concerning practical use outside away from the turbo busa questions.

The difference between E85 and pump will be like running C16 race fuel just straight out of the pump and a hell of a lot cheaper. Even with the loss in millage the price variation between E85 and Premium makes the millage per dollar about the same, the difference is E85 performs like race fuel which it is 1/4 the price of.

I run all my turbo'd vehicles with E85 and would never go back. No one with PROPER knowledge of E85 can say a single negative thing about it. It is all it has been said to be.

so lets say in theory, we got 62lbs injectors and one of those fuel pumps from RCC rated for 700hp, fully built motor (rods, pistons, 1/2" studs, the works); and cared nothing for mileage could a e 85 set up max out a gtx3075r turbo or equivalent turbo? And what would be the approximate rwhp that it produces.

And would it be possible with the right turbo and e85 to get 500rwhp?(more or less wondering limits to e85 in a turbo busa set up)

This is one of my many theoretical questions, so lets leave reasoning concerning practical use outside away from the turbo busa questions.

It's hard to answer those questions exactly due to not a lot of guys run high hp turbo street bikes on e85. The limiting factor being that the charging system on the bike can't run the big fuel pump (pumps) required. I know seb at NLR has a Prostreet bike on e85 and is running a big Weldon pump. However that bike goes on the charger after every pass.

Realistically with an .044 pump on a Streetbike and the 1000cc injectors should be enough to get you around 500whp Id imagine.

And ohhshh hit the nail on the head in his last paragraph.

Back