My Dream Turbo Hayabusa by Boosted Cycle Performance.

Some finished product of the bracket to hold the smartcoils.

IMG_1823.jpg

IMG_1822.jpg

IMG_1821.jpg

IMG_1820.jpg

IMG_1818.jpg

IMG_1819.jpg

IMG_1817.jpg

Hi Who makes the coils? What wires are you going to run? What 8mm or 8.5mm 10.5?
You can get them from Holley, fuel tech, pro efi etc. Theyre all the same coil, it just depends on who’s sticker is on it.

As far as wires go, just about any universal “make your own plug wire” set will work as long as the plug end is straight, and the end for the coils has terminals that would be used for an GM HEI style distributor. Meaning it has ball style terminals. I use Holley 561-114 wires.

If you plan on running typical NGK style plugs you’ll have to get some spark plug terminal nuts. They just thread on, and are needed when making the change to coil near plug so the plug wire snaps on.

8CCCEB7C-18C2-4DB3-8561-C4971DD23B71.jpeg
D22249C7-5C37-4C23-B80C-34A5C8F079A6.jpeg

You can get them from Holley, fuel tech, pro efi etc. Theyre all the same coil, it just depends on who’s sticker is on it.

As far as wires go, just about any universal “make your own plug wire” set will work as long as the plug end is straight, and the end for the coils has terminals that would be used for an GM HEI style distributor. Meaning it has ball style terminals. I use Holley 561-114 wires.

If you plan on running typical NGK style plugs you’ll have to get some spark plug terminal nuts. They just thread on, and are needed when making the change to coil near plug so the plug wire snaps on.

View attachment 1632176View attachment 1632175
@Boosted Cycle Perf Hi. THANK YOU! I am looking in to it more, I found out that only the sticker on the coils is what makes them different. I am still not sure on the wires. Do you think there may be cross talk or interference in any way?

Hi. If I do this I will go with the Taylor 10.4 mm wires.
The old school theory of bigger is better in regards to plug wires isn’t that relevant anymore. Improvements in technology/materials has come a lone way since the graphite core days.

What’s really more important when running high output coils is the resistance per ft of the wire being used. The Holley wires I use are rated at 50 ohms per ft. But I find it’s a lot lower if the wires are assembled correctly.

The other important thing IMO is trying to keep all the plug wires as close to the same length as possible.

I made the plug wires for this bike today. All are 16” long, and 35-37 ohms of resistance.
2F8DBA3B-05B0-4655-9733-6760BB165F8C.jpeg
D294CF7F-7360-4383-ADFC-B0D3B30A5774.jpeg

Back