InfiniteReality's Gen3 Build

It is vinyl and have plenty of colors, I'm sure we could work something out. It still needs to be tweaked for a better fitment, but currently looks decent from a few feet away. I'm planning to set up the cowl on the 3D scanner so I can get in the PC and get a perfect fit.
Awesome! Keep me posted! Your bike is sick dude and the custom vinyl is just the tip of the iceberg on this thing. Lots of great ideas coming to reality here.

Getting some color

PXL_20220709_205427492.jpg

For the record, these videos suck. Especially the daytime one as I left the case off the FauxPro thinking I'd be able to hear exhaust better but quite the opposite.

Night time video had the case, but audio sucks still although did get video of some flames. I should have opted for interstate video and not back roads.... Everything was covered in mosquitoes guts, sad part is I knew better too.

I also learned I should have recorded in higher res than 1080@60. Trying to stop video for screen shot proved difficult, but got a couple. Tried slomo, but due to resolution just looked like I added pics to make a video.

I'll have to setup a camera on the side of the road one day and try that way.

Daytime

Night time

Flame 1.jpg

Screenshot_20220709-222008.png

For the record, these videos suck. Especially the daytime one as I left the case off the FauxPro thinking I'd be able to hear exhaust better but quite the opposite.

Night time video had the case, but audio sucks still although did get video of some flames. I should have opted for interstate video and not back roads.... Everything was covered in mosquitoes guts, sad part is I knew better too.

I also learned I should have recorded in higher res than 1080@60. Trying to stop video for screen shot proved difficult, but got a couple. Tried slomo, but due to resolution just looked like I added pics to make a video.

I'll have to setup a camera on the side of the road one day and try that way.

Daytime

Night time

View attachment 1653265

View attachment 1653266
Best option is to record audio separate and edit it in with the video. Zoom H1n recorder with a dead cat mic cover works well.

Best option is to record audio separate and edit it in with the video. Zoom H1n recorder with a dead cat mic cover works well.

I typed the reply this morning and apparently never sent....

That's a good point, just hard for me to justify since I don't record on bike/car often. Now that you mention it, I think this FauxPro came with a separate mic. No doubt it's probably crappy, but possibly produce at least better audio. I'll have to dig around and see if I can find it.

Being as the fiddy already was done in shocker yellow many years ago, felt it was required to spend $20 for a set of white plastics and use the leftover vinyl from the Hayabusa decals. I designed replica 2009 CRF50 graphics, just using a single color vinyl.

Seat never matched the powdercoat, need to see if I can find the black tall seat I had.

Anyone with a keen eye will notice the real 2x2 twill carbon fiber exhaust shield on it. Skinned the OEM one back in the day and still holding ip great

PXL_20220712_013844121~2.jpg

PXL_20220712_013929089~2.jpg

PXL_20220712_013716566~2.jpg

PXL_20220712_013831565~2.jpg

PXL_20220712_013435291~2.jpg

PXL_20220712_013507306~2.jpg

Being as the fiddy already was done in shocker yellow many years ago, felt it was required to spend $20 for a set of white plastics and use the leftover vinyl from the Hayabusa decals. I designed replica 2009 CRF50 graphics, just using a single color vinyl.

Seat never matched the powdercoat, need to see if I can find the black tall seat I had.

Anyone with a keen eye will notice the real 2x2 twill carbon fiber exhaust shield on it. Skinned the OEM one back in the day and still holding ip great

View attachment 1653294

View attachment 1653295

View attachment 1653296

View attachment 1653297

View attachment 1653298

View attachment 1653299
The fanciest kids bike on the block....

Over the past week I was able to log ~200 miles on the revised bike. Zero regrets.

While it was wild how much more flickable the Gen3 versus previous generations, but after lowering and setting the rake I prefer (and am use to) it definitely is heavier feeling......yet feels better/normal in my hands. This is totally personal preference and makes zero sense, lol.

MM ECU flash.... Not the machine gun sounds I hoped, but knew the GSXR1K muffler was chambered and would hinder it. Still get flames and shotgun sounds though, which are way more addicting to hear ( and feel in my backside) while I'm figuring out how to do on command. While this is all new to me, I'm sure it'll eventually get old and won't care as much. QS fix is easily my favorite update with the flash. The one thing I personally don't care for is how immediate the on/off throttle is in 1st gear. You most definitely need to relearn to ride to an extent, so I'm sure I'll get accustomed to this. If not, over the winter I can ship my ECU back to MM and get them to fine tune it a bit.
*** One more thing, when I started the bike to let it warm up Sunday before a 115 (feels like) degree ride, when I hopped on it I had a CEL. I turned it off and back on, hadn't seen it since.

The ZG low profile hybrid and having my seat modified by New Image (aka Tobin), it's 100x better than it was stock. I have way less headwind now and don't need to use my neck muscles near as much. Had I gone with the ZG DB screen, it would be even better at directing the last little bit of wind over my helmet, but truth be told I prefer the look of the low profile hybrid.

Took several times to get things adjusted on the rear shock so wouldn't rub the fender, but all is good now. I still need to setup the rebound and compression (they're 1 click from max), then adjust the collars more I'd assume so I can get additional suspension movement back.

#1 on my last few things minor things to do is adjust the headlight. Taking it out for some video the other evening I realized how far down it points. Should be an easy fix, other than getting my hands inside there.

I need to find an alternative mount for my plate. I have grown to like where it's at, but still prefer it off the swingarm and vertical. Just old school since I've always ran my plate like that. Just not an easy task with the design of this swing arm. I know they make chain guards with the plate mount built into the rear of it, but I had one on my Gen1 and the bend in the aluminum eventually failed. I got lucky and heard or noticed it before it completely broke off and lost the plate entirely.

Future stuff to do:
- I think it's about time to bump the thread for the digital speedometer (I still need to test OBD2 function with the ECU flash) and work a little on it.
- Get to figuring out this 3D scanner more so, just hard to dedicate a few hours (specifically without interruptions) so I can focus on it.
- Consider skinning the trim in forged carbon. Hard to commit to spending money for new trim pieces and not being 100% confident I'll be happy without and more importantly they all fit properly when done.

Last edited:
MM ECU flash.... Not the machine gun sounds I hoped, but knew the GSXR1K muffler was chambered and would hinder it. Still get flames and shotgun sounds though, which are way more addicting to hear ( and feel in my backside) while I'm figuring out how to do on command. While this is all new to me, I'm sure it'll eventually get old and won't care as much. QS fix is easily my favorite update with the flash. The one thing I personally don't care for is how immediate the on/off throttle is in 1st gear. You most definitely need to relearn to ride to an extent, so I'm sure I'll get accustomed to this. If not, over the winter I can ship my ECU back to MM and get them to fine tune it a bit.
*** One more thing, when I started the bike to let it warm up Sunday before a 115 (feels like) degree ride, when I hopped on it I had a CEL. I turned it off and back on, hadn't seen it since.
Had same issue with first gear being very sensitive when I had my Akrapovic Exhaust and custom ECU Tuning done. was able just get my tuner to adjust the throttle percentages in the ECU and it's very smooth now. He went a little too aggressive at first.

Had same issue with first gear being very sensitive when I had my Akrapovic Exhaust and custom ECU Tuning done. was able just get my tuner to adjust the throttle percentages in the ECU and it's very smooth now. He went a little too aggressive at first.

Exactly what I'm thinking. it's not horrible, but IMO it could a little more streetable.

I've been curious about that. I see they like to make the throttle a 1:1 ratio instead of tapered like stock. I can understand wanting 100% throttle if you twist it back all the way, but it seems having a slight curve where the bottom is less sensitive than the top would help with drivability. Just my thoughts as I watch tuning videos though, I have zero real world experience.

I've been curious about that. I see they like to make the throttle a 1:1 ratio instead of tapered like stock. I can understand wanting 100% throttle if you twist it back all the way, but it seems having a slight curve where the bottom is less sensitive than the top would help with drivability. Just my thoughts as I watch tuning videos though, I have zero real world experience.
I agree with you. I watched Moore mafia’s video where he talked about making the throttle response changes and wondered how “touchy” it would be. I guess Suzuki engineers did have a reason to set it that, but maybe the went too far one way and MM and others went too far the other way.

Mines definitely more aggressive down low now compared to stock but very smooth and predictable. That's one of the benefits of throttle by wire you can play with the throttle response and dial it in for your personal tastes.

Mines definitely more aggressive down low now compared to stock but very smooth and predictable. That's one of the benefits of throttle by wire you can play with the throttle response and dial it in for your personal tastes.
I was a bit skeptical of an electronic throttle when they first started coming around, but my car has one and you are right. It is awesome to be able to fine tune it to exactly what you want.

I was a bit skeptical of an electronic throttle when they first started coming around, but my car has one and you are right. It is awesome to be able to fine tune it to exactly what you want.
I've found every fly by wire throttle I've encountered in a vehicle has a lag.....drives me nuts...good to see the bikes don't suffer from this.

I put a Pedal Commander on my Ram that took most of the lag away...

Had to take a step back and not get ahead of myself. I know black is the worse to scan so decided to grab a light colored toy of my daughter's and learn to use the software with it. :)

This is just a 8 pass scan, exported to STL and printed. Zero clean up from the scan.

I need to order some 3D scan spray for dark objects, but in the meantime I'll get some baby powder or maybe white plasti-dip and give the heel guard another shot.

This is so much more awesome than I expected... Now for the real fun, to sit down and learn Fusion 360 so I can easily modify/edit things. Finally learning Fusion should greatly help stuff I draw over using AutoCAD like I've been. I hope this swings the door wide open for what I can design.

PXL_20220818_002121183.jpg

PXL_20220818_005625294.jpg

PXL_20220818_042824262.jpg

Wow, that's some pretty amazing results! I've always assumed with a consumer grade scanner you would have to do a lot of cleanup before you export as an STL.

Same here, was kind of shocked at how it came out without any clean up. I think using/learning Fusion will make detail clean up even easier, will be finding out soon.

Picked up some dry shampoo and some baby powder so I can see what works best until I order some real actual scanner spray powder. The latter supposed to be worth the cost between no clean up of part after scanning and quality of scanning.

Hope to have a heel guard printing before I go to bed tonight.

I couldn't remember if I confirmed my refund from Brock's for the window adjustable links so went to my order history and happen to see this.... To me it confirms my issue with them lowering the bike too much and having the wrong length turnbuckle rod in it from the start?

Capture1.JPG

Back