Wide Tire Pics?

InfiniteReality

Registered
It's been a while.... I've been off 2 wheels since selling my '09 3yrs ago, I've missed the busa ever since although the SLC and new kid helped pass the time. Always knew I'd be back if/when they came out with a Gen3 so been eyeballing them since they hit the dealers. Looks like it's about time to fix myself up and by spring be back on a busa.....literally can't wait, I don't see waiting till spring for this to happen, lol.

Similar to the old bike, I plan to tinker with this one with attempting to look as stock as possible (IE widened OEM rear wheel). I had a +6 arm and 240/250 tire on the Gen2 and had zero issues for the 16k miles I put on the arm. I lost some of the flickability with lowering it and wide tire, but for my riding style was just right and rode alot the last few years I had it.

I have yet to see a Gen3 in person (no more dealership locally), but the pics online the tail appears wider so maybe a 300 would look better? The +6 arm I had last time was a tad too long in my opinion, so this time will go with a +4. Any opinions? Anyone done similar and would like to share some pics please?

Thanks in advance for any info and hopefully won't get flamed much for asking as this may be a no-no for a Gen3

For anyone recognizing the screen name, no I do not plan on plasti-dipping this bike. The Gen2 was dipped 8x total, but on the 4th dip it bubbled up my OEM paint so not making that mistake again. I can't lie though, I really want to dip it every 6-8 months like I did on the Gen2.... Just was refreshing to change colors, almost like a new bike. :)

Welcome back
I only saw and sat on the gen3 a couple weeks ago...and a black one will be mine soon.
The rear end is definately wider, as is the passenger seat.
I found the gen3 to be alot more comfortable too(but that's just me).

Screenshot_20220107-154108_Gallery.jpg

A while back, I saw a custom silver with a 300 rear end. Makes it look a little fatter overall, but it worked.:thumbsup:

I think @PeregrineKeith
already has a swingarm or extension on his gen3
Maybe he will see the alert and post a picture for you here.
Nah not me. That would be our other PuertoRican rider Robert046??? Can’t remember his user on here.
We have the same color bike but he’s stretched, lowered, Brock’s exhaus, Brock’s seat…. looking good I am not sure about the fat tire tho.

Back