How fast will the Gen3 be?

164mph in car, on a 2 lane road, is cookin.
I've been 153mph in an LS Trans-Am, and it felt alot faster than it does on a bike.

I've had a few LT/LS T/As. I honestly don't know if I ever got above 150 in them, none of them ever felt actually planted at high speeds. The 6th gen Camaro totally does, feels at home at that speed almost as much as the busa.

Forgot I did 176 on the Gen1, per speedo which we all know wasn't accurate. Only did it once, only had a camera mounted to it once. Was not planned, but in hindsight glad I had recorded. Well until I see quality of the video 17ish years ago, lol. Also plenty of T/A burnouts and such.

I've had a few LT/LS T/As. I honestly don't know if I ever got above 150 in them, none of them ever felt actually planted at high speeds. The 6th gen Camaro totally does, feels at home at that speed almost as much as the busa.

Forgot I did 176 on the Gen1, per speedo which we all know wasn't accurate. Only did it once, only had a camera mounted to it once. Was not planned, but in hindsight glad I had recorded. Well until I see quality of the video 17ish years ago, lol. Also plenty of T/A burnouts and such.

The Trans-Am was suprisingly stable...for what it was.
We passed a Ford van, and the wind looked like it was going to blow it over.
Oh, and the TA felt like it could take flight at any moment, lmao!
It looked like the black one in the video, same ram-air hood, just in white(I'm not a GM guy, so I know very little about them).
I've ran many bikes into the 180's and on the 186mph limit.
I gps'd my stock geared, piped and flashed gen2 to 197mph.

It looked like the black one in the video, same ram-air hood, just in white(I'm not a GM guy, so I know very little about them).
A former colleague of mine had a Firebird WS6...I forget what year but it too looked like the one in the video...I only drove it once (home from a bar for him) and it never got over 60kms/hr.

I need to go a little faster on the busa while it's stock. Once it has a wide tire, I am not brave enough for testing those speeds.

Only thing I really recall about higher speeds in an f-body is around 130 the side windows break their seal against the car and a ton of air starts coming in.

The T/A in the video was a Trans Am Firehawk #102 of 741. It had ram air, but it wasn't as prounnced as the WS6. It will always be the car I wish I never sold, such a great car and very predictable playing around in it. Only had basic tune, 3400 stall, lid and deleted cats (manifolds and muffler were still stock).

1548635977_l.jpg

20160529_081306.jpg

I need to go a little faster on the busa while it's stock. Once it has a wide tire, I am not brave enough for testing those speeds.

Only thing I really recall about higher speeds in an f-body is around 130 the side windows break their seal against the car and a ton of air starts coming in.

The T/A in the video was a Trans Am Firehawk #102 of 741. It had ram air, but it wasn't as prounnced as the WS6. It will always be the car I wish I never sold, such a great car and very predictable playing around in it. Only had basic tune, 3400 stall, lid and deleted cats (manifolds and muffler were still stock).

View attachment 1650244

View attachment 1650245

It was identical to the white one.
T-top too, but the car stayed sealed tight.
It was under a year old at the time.
I remember it had 11k miles on it...and warped front rotors, vibrated like a mofo on decel with the slightest pedal pressure.

And definately run the gen3 up there before the big tire.

ok I can honestly tell you that at 170mph I still have not kicked into 6th or hit redline. @170 the bars started to get loose I got out of it. waiting on a better steering damper to come out.

ok I can honestly tell you that at 170mph I still have not kicked into 6th or hit redline. @170 the bars started to get loose I got out of it. waiting on a better steering damper to come out.
The bars should not get loose. It becomes more stable the faster you go. Sounds like a tire press issue unless it’s your head banging around outside the wind bubble?

Your car looks familiar from my LS1Tech days back in the early 2000s. Did you post over there?

My username was EvilLS1 on that forum back in the day. I remember when the LS1 cars first came out, we were all competing to be the first ones to run 11s naturally aspirated with only bolt ons. I made it on the list with my 99 Trans Am. It had full exhaust, all the usual bolt ons and a Yank Super Thruster 3500. I miss that car!

draglites3.jpg

launch3.jpg

tafront1.jpg

Your car looks familiar from my LS1Tech days back in the early 2000s. Did you post over there?

My username was EvilLS1 on that forum back in the day. I remember when the LS1 cars first came out, we were all competing to be the first ones to run 11s naturally aspirated with only bolt ons. I made it on the list with my 99 Trans Am. It had full exhaust, all the usual bolt ons and a Yank Super Thruster 3500. I miss that car!

View attachment 1650272

View attachment 1650273

View attachment 1650274

Great looking car, the ram-air hoods really made that body style.

View attachment 1650272

View attachment 1650273

View attachment 1650274

TOTALLY remember your screen name, although unsure why. You are completely correct, been posting there for 20+ years, well after LS1.com went to crap. Username on there is the same on here, InfiniteReality. Was "known" for all the LED stuff......back before it was popular.

TOTALLY remember your screen name, although unsure why. You are completely correct, been posting there for 20+ years, well after LS1.com went to crap. Username on there is the same on here, InfiniteReality. Was "known" for all the LED stuff......back before it was popular.
Ah, I thought your screenname sounded familiar too. Small world! I was a moderator at LS1.com back in the day but like you, I also went over to LS1Tech when LS1.com went to crap. I also had my own site back then (modernmusclecars.net) which no longer exists.

Ah, I thought your screenname sounded familiar too. Small world! I was a moderator at LS1.com back in the day but like you, I also went over to LS1Tech when LS1.com went to crap. I also had my own site back then (modernmusclecars.net) which no longer exists.
Moderator, I bet that's why I recongize the username. Talk about small world. I think I've been on here almost as long as those. Crazy how small of a world it is.

Back