Wide Tire Pics?

Thanks for the welcome backs!

Robert's above lowered looks awesome, hoping we can get these down a little easier than the gen2.

I've been in contact with all things chrome. With keeping with as short of an arm as possible, I can either do 240 with +4 or 300 with +4 and OSD. The downside is they only sell OSD if they install it. The Hayabusa logo on their swingarm is awful, definitely would not opt for it..... even worse it's not even the gen3 font, lol.

I don't feel I'll make it till spring, lol

Thanks for the welcome backs!

Robert's above lowered looks awesome, hoping we can get these down a little easier than the gen2.

I've been in contact with all things chrome. With keeping with as short of an arm as possible, I can either do 240 with +4 or 300 with +4 and OSD. The downside is they only sell OSD if they install it. The Hayabusa logo on their swingarm is awful, definitely would not opt for it..... even worse it's not even the gen3 font, lol.

I don't feel I'll make it till spring, lol
Thank you very much its the same i even use a gen 2 lowering link im not sure but if you wish you can ask all things chrome to engrave the new Kanji logo mine is a 0-4 too.

Oh, And, it wasn't that you guys are both Puerto-Rican(didn't want anyone misinterpreting that as disrespect in any way)...it's that you Both have White gen3's! lol

Man stop with that! Lol. I took no offense. I’m not of the snowflake, everything bothers me sort and while I don’t know Robert0046 personally… I doubt he is either.
I will say thank you for being cool enough to make sure you didn’t offend anyone.
I’m good tho dude. I respect your opinions and comments.
No worries!

Man stop with that! Lol. I took no offense. I’m not of the snowflake, everything bothers me sort and while I don’t know Robert0046 personally… I doubt he is either.
I will say thank you for being cool enough to make sure you didn’t offend anyone.
I’m good tho dude. I respect your opinions and comments.
No worries!
Right on man, and thank you sir, mutual respect here as well.
And you'de have to hit me in the head with a rock to offend me(not that it would do any good, lmao).

Thank you very much its the same i even use a gen 2 lowering link im not sure but if you wish you can ask all things chrome to engrave the new Kanji logo mine is a 0-4 too.

+4 sits perfect, no doubt about the arm length. Now if someone would sell a 300 OSD +4 that doesn't involve $800 install and shipping for something I can do.

I have zero experience with OSD, but fixing to learn. While I would love to get the bike, break it in and install a wide tire kit, maybe it's a good thing they're not readily available and I can keep it stock-ish for a little while.

+4 sits perfect, no doubt about the arm length. Now if someone would sell a 300 OSD +4 that doesn't involve $800 install and shipping for something I can do.

I have zero experience with OSD, but fixing to learn. While I would love to get the bike, break it in and install a wide tire kit, maybe it's a good thing they're not readily available and I can keep it stock-ish for a little while.
I really dont like wide tire kits any more i had once a 240 kit on a Gen1 i feel like that went out a long time a go but that is your choice and your bike good luck finding a seller that could help!!!

No problem @sixpack577 but the real reason i choosed the white one is that my last bike was black and my favorite color is silver but i dont like matte
Thank you sir.
The silver looks good in person, but I know what you mean about the matte.
I love black, and will be buying one as soon as I line a few things up.
(I'm lucky the silver one I saw wasn't black or I'de have bought it already, lol).

Welcome back
I only saw and sat on the gen3 a couple weeks ago...and a black one will be mine soon.
The rear end is definately wider, as is the passenger seat.
I found the gen3 to be alot more comfortable too(but that's just me).

View attachment 1645723
Makes me happy that the gen 3 fits your needs to get you back on a busa and I guess the black one can hold the title of fastest until they come out with a full red gen 3:thumbsup:. Can't wait to see some pics/video of you putting in thru the paces.

Thank you sir.
The silver looks good in person, but I know what you mean about the matte.
I love black, and will be buying one as soon as I line a few things up.
(I'm lucky the silver one I saw wasn't black or I'de have bought it already, lol).
You've been spoiled by the Gixxer.....it will be a big change to go back to a Hayabusa...

You've been spoiled by the Gixxer.....it will be a big change to go back to a Hayabusa...
I have...because it's free, lmao!
It will be a big change to pay for my own bike again...been a few years, lol(but I have spent about $3300+ fixing the deer damage to it, so yay).
I do miss the size and torque of the Busa though.
Hardest part is that I can take vacation time and go get one right now...but I have to wait a little while longer.

Stick kicking rocks for new arm/wheel. Decided 240 is the way to go for me. Wider than stock, should handle fairly well still, stock looking rear wheel, no jackshaft/OSD maintenance and can go as short as +4.

I hit up Roaring Toyz to see if they have anything. They have all the hard parts, but have not sorted out the electronics. I assume likely speaking about ABS. ATC (all things chrome) doesn't mention any issues with electronics, saw a video on YT someone installing a new arm and doesn't mention any issues with electronics, but RT definitely has a valid point of potential issues.

Anyone heard about electronics freaking out? I'm not too far off from sucking it up and purchasing an arm since it'll take 1-2 months to get it in my hands from ATC

There should be no electronic issues as long as the abs wheel is installed on the new wheel.
The extra wheel weight will slightly slow acceleration, but the computer cannot detect that, especially since tires themselves vary in weight.
It is also not looking at the length of the bike, and you will not be increasing the lean angle.
The extended brake line will not matter either.
Abs brakes bleed the same as normal brakes, with the exception of having to use the return line bolt on the abs pump like a bleeder, otherwise you'll never get the air out of that line, the MC will continue to push the air back to the pump.

There should be no electronic issues as long as the abs wheel is installed on the new wheel.
The extra wheel weight will slightly slow acceleration, but the computer cannot detect that, especially since tires themselves vary in weight.
It is also not looking at the length of the bike, and you will not be increasing the lean angle.
The extended brake line will not matter either.
Abs brakes bleed the same as normal brakes, with the exception of having to use the return line bolt on the abs pump like a bleeder, otherwise you'll never get the air out of that line, the MC will continue to push the air back to the pump.

Thanks for the info, I did not realize that about bleeding ABS... I'd been fighting that one when installing the arm. Sounds like no electronic issues other than making sure new wheel uses the ABS wheel, great to hear. Roaring Toyz is/was a big place back in the day, kind of shocked after 6 months of the '22 being out, they haven't bothered with making a kit to sell. I know I originally heard about them in the gen1 days and doing extended arms and wide tires on busas.

Thanks for the info, I did not realize that about bleeding ABS... I'd been fighting that one when installing the arm. Sounds like no electronic issues other than making sure new wheel uses the ABS wheel, great to hear. Roaring Toyz is/was a big place back in the day, kind of shocked after 6 months of the '22 being out, they haven't bothered with making a kit to sell. I know I originally heard about them in the gen1 days and doing extended arms and wide tires on busas.
Yes sir, good luck with your search for an arm.

Back