TonyM995 Gen 3 Build

From memory, the actual wires coming from the start switch, on a gen3, are really small gauge and won't support the current on the main relay.
Hence the reason for the sub relay on a gen3.
So if you still have the original switch gear and wiring, you'll prob still need a sub relay to fire the coil on the main relay.

Ask me how I know..
Grafted a gen3 switch gear on my gen2.

From memory, the actual wires coming from the start switch, on a gen3, are really small gauge and won't support the current on the main relay.
So if you still have the original switch gear and wiring, you'll prob still need a sub relay to fire the coil on the main relay.

Ask me how I know..
Thanks sir. That’s what it’s looking like to me but I’m not sure yet because I’m triggering this relay from a relay already.

The small red wire that comes from the stock off/on/start button go to a MSD relay. From there I send switched 12v to the starter relay and a ground activated output from the ecu to trigger it. There is also an input so the ecu knows when I’m triggering the start button.

I’ll have more time to look later this week and appreciate the help! Maybe I’m using the MSD relay wrong? Idk

The output I have on it sends a ground signal. What pin do I put that to?
the stock wiring B/Y is the switched ground signal from the ECU to fire the starter, that is what I switch to ground directly with the MaxxECU, its about 2.5-3amps to fire the starter solenoid/relay. the opposite side gets 12v, i assume through a couple of safeties (in stock form)

Hey John!! Thank you for asking, I really appreciate it and just need some friendly motivation to get it done.

I’ve had two losses in my family and just haven’t had motivation.

Front wheel speed and wastegate pressure sensors need to be wired and the lights need to be wired. So I have to buy a blinker relay and some more harness supplies but all the other inputs/outputs are wired and tested as working.

Then I’ll need to install the DME arm and M2 shock. Plus decide on a clutch. My drag strip is closing but I still may get an MTC.

I’ve been in communication with Scott Davis and he has prototype plenums already for a turbo kit. My plan is to get something really basic to start with just to be up and running on low boost/e85 so I can learn to tune.

Also got a rc boat to play with but the shock is begging to be installed as is the DME arm that’s been laying around for weeks…
IMG_8267.jpeg

Ask me how I know..
is that because the gen3 runs canbus system?

Hey John!! Thank you for asking, I really appreciate it and just need some friendly motivation to get it done.

Front wheel speed and wastegate pressure sensors need to be wired and the lights need to be wired. So I have to buy a blinker relay and some more harness supplies but all the other inputs/outputs are wired and tested as working.

Then I’ll need to install the DME arm and M2 shock. Plus decide on a clutch. My drag strip is closing but I still may get an MTC.

I’ve been in communication with Scott Davis and he has prototype plenums already for a turbo kit. My plan is to get something really basic to start with just to be up and running on low boost/e85 so I can learn to tune.

Also got a rc boat to play with but the shock is begging to be installed as is the DME arm that’s been laying around for weeks…
View attachment 1668489
RC boats are fun until they quit in the middle of the river and you have to go out to get them....

I ordered a standup paddle board as well so I’ll have that to go get it. I just needed a toy to play with and figured my cousins kids can use it too.
My next eldest brother built Fiberglas boats for much of his life and for a time built Fiberglas RC boats for clients...

He made one that was 4 foot long and powered by a whipper snipper motor, it was crazy fast...he tole me the first time his client took it out to the lake, he hit a semi-submerged log while it was at full throttle.....I heard the destruction was complete....

I feel you when it comes to these RC things, they are fun for sure....

View attachment 1668489
Hi Tony,

Are you ok?

I hope you are well.

Hi @Armoni76 I bought my brake from Sportbike track gear who is in Michigan. This is the link but both the brake and clutch are RCS 19.

I’m not a fan of the clutch reservoir bracket and will modify it this winter.

I bought the clutch mc from Revzilla. It’s the RCS19 also and showing out of stock right now.
HI...I've got the rcs16 clutch mc fitted on my gen 3 but it has unstable acceleration and jerky. Is the RcS19 smooth? Thank-you.

Back