My motorcycle tech specific YouTube channel ideas...

Boosted Cycle Perf

Donating Member
Site Sponsor
Registered
So as many of you know by know, I tend to march to my own drums, and like to look outside the box when it comes to building and tuning bikes. But it seems of like over the last year guys not just on here, but on social media and YouTube have become more interested in how I go about doing things.

I don’t have cable at my house as I’d rather get lost watching YouTube videos. As I’m sure most of you guys do too, I watch stuff that really interests me. Mostly high performance automotive channels, CNC and manual machine running, engineering, all the free documentaries on building large machines, planes etc.... notice I never said anything about motorcycles.

I took some time awhile back and looked for some good in depth channels on motorcycles, but all’s I could find was guys riding bikes and vlogging, or bolting on simple parts and having someone tune it and report gains. For me, if it’s not technical, or pushing the envelope I generally find it boring.

Me being a shop owner, builder, tuner, fabricator I talk with guys all the time who are generally very intelligent and comfortable working on cars, but it’s some sort of voodoo magic that happens underneath the fairings and they don’t dare to even attempt it.

I currently have a YouTube channel right now that I post my dyno videos on and gets a good amount of traffic. No real in depth content, just dyno stuff really. But I’ve been beginning to wonder if I started posting some in depth technical stuff to snuff out some of that motorcycle voodoo, would people be really interested in it?

My goal is to inspire people get out in the garage to fix or build something they otherwise wouldn’t of before. Educate on warning signings and symptoms before it becomes an issue. And at the very least, give some forethought to the guy that’s still gonna take his bike somewhere for work and be able to recognize the duck standing on the other side of the counter at the shop intending on doing work on your bike if he’s walking and quacking like one.

I also would like to showcase and welding and fabrication. Yes there’s a million welding videos on YouTube, and I’ll watch every last one of them. I can usually always learn something watching someone else do what I do, but in their way. I’d also like to show how to work with CAD/CAM and general machining work. I have a 3D printer I use to prototype parts, and well as a cnc table, lathe, and if everything goes right, a cnc mill here soon.

Luckily for us here, all’s I have to work on is Hayabusas. While some tech stuff would probably be specific to them, lots of the stuff I’d like to show could transfer on to other bikes.

But the real meat and potatoes part of the channel would be stuff like actually showing how to tune pc’s but more importantly ecus. Or at least know what to look for in a data log after a run at the track. Or how to fix that skipping gen 1 transmission, build an engine, or how to set up a clutch. Hell even BASIC MAINTENANCE!!! That’s something I see... well I don’t see really on new customers bikes and how dangerous it could be.

If this is something y’all would like to see happen, I’ll need everyone’s help promoting those videos and spreading the knowledge. I have just about zero free time between my shop, and still working full time at night too. But it wouldn’t take too much extra to set up a camera on something I’m doing anyways.

Here’s my channel currently.

And for those further interested my website is

www.boostedcycleperformance.com

At the top of the page there’s links to my shop Instagram and Facebook page.

Lastly, I’d like to hear some ideas from you guys. What’s something you’d like to see
I also need a segment name... BCP Tech?

I do for sure want to make at lease one video in this format and I think everyone will find this interesting. Hell I want to know. I’ve said before it’s common to pick up 5-7whp on a bone stock gen 2 Hayabusa with just a tune. But then after spending $1500+ on a full exhaust, picking up 10-15 over bone stock, what’s actually making that gain? Then gen 2 busas have catalytic converters. Is that gain purely from a better header design, or does eliminating the cats make up for some, most, or all of the gains over stock with a tune?

I have a stock gen 2 header here with the cats removed. I’d like to see the dyno numbers like this:

-stock
-stock with tune
-stock header with cats removed

and finally tuned out with a full exhaust.

If someone on here that’s driving distance from Houston has a stock gen 2 and is going to do a full exhaust soon let’s work something out. It will be a fun day on the dyno, and we can all learn something from it.

I think this is a great idea but I think people tend to sort of sell the idea short. Its a little harder than doing what you always do and filming it. Get a good camera, they are pretty cheap these days. Get some lights, also affordable. Also use a camera man. I side kick is always good, especially someone with not so much knowledge to ask questions. Write a script even if it's just a list of issues to address. Finally do some post production. A produced video (edited) will get 10 times as many views as one where you have to waste time watching stuff like grass grow between events.

If you do this it will be successful. There are a few guys on the Youtube already and they are fun to watch. But spend a little time making the production value of the video good and you will be glad you did.

Excited for this, your posts are fascinating so your videos will be awesome.

So as many of you know by know, I tend to march to my own drums, and like to look outside the box when it comes to building and tuning bikes. But it seems of like over the last year guys not just on here, but on social media and YouTube have become more interested in how I go about doing things.

I don’t have cable at my house as I’d rather get lost watching YouTube videos. As I’m sure most of you guys do too, I watch stuff that really interests me. Mostly high performance automotive channels, CNC and manual machine running, engineering, all the free documentaries on building large machines, planes etc.... notice I never said anything about motorcycles.

I took some time awhile back and looked for some good in depth channels on motorcycles, but all’s I could find was guys riding bikes and vlogging, or bolting on simple parts and having someone tune it and report gains. For me, if it’s not technical, or pushing the envelope I generally find it boring.

Me being a shop owner, builder, tuner, fabricator I talk with guys all the time who are generally very intelligent and comfortable working on cars, but it’s some sort of voodoo magic that happens underneath the fairings and they don’t dare to even attempt it.

I currently have a YouTube channel right now that I post my dyno videos on and gets a good amount of traffic. No real in depth content, just dyno stuff really. But I’ve been beginning to wonder if I started posting some in depth technical stuff to snuff out some of that motorcycle voodoo, would people be really interested in it?

My goal is to inspire people get out in the garage to fix or build something they otherwise wouldn’t of before. Educate on warning signings and symptoms before it becomes an issue. And at the very least, give some forethought to the guy that’s still gonna take his bike somewhere for work and be able to recognize the duck standing on the other side of the counter at the shop intending on doing work on your bike if he’s walking and quacking like one.

I also would like to showcase and welding and fabrication. Yes there’s a million welding videos on YouTube, and I’ll watch every last one of them. I can usually always learn something watching someone else do what I do, but in their way. I’d also like to show how to work with CAD/CAM and general machining work. I have a 3D printer I use to prototype parts, and well as a cnc table, lathe, and if everything goes right, a cnc mill here soon.

Luckily for us here, all’s I have to work on is Hayabusas. While some tech stuff would probably be specific to them, lots of the stuff I’d like to show could transfer on to other bikes.

But the real meat and potatoes part of the channel would be stuff like actually showing how to tune pc’s but more importantly ecus. Or at least know what to look for in a data log after a run at the track. Or how to fix that skipping gen 1 transmission, build an engine, or how to set up a clutch. Hell even BASIC MAINTENANCE!!! That’s something I see... well I don’t see really on new customers bikes and how dangerous it could be.

If this is something y’all would like to see happen, I’ll need everyone’s help promoting those videos and spreading the knowledge. I have just about zero free time between my shop, and still working full time at night too. But it wouldn’t take too much extra to set up a camera on something I’m doing anyways.

Here’s my channel currently.

And for those further interested my website is

www.boostedcycleperformance.com

At the top of the page there’s links to my shop Instagram and Facebook page.

Lastly, I’d like to hear some ideas from you guys. What’s something you’d like to see
I also need a segment name... BCP Tech?

I do for sure want to make at lease one video in this format and I think everyone will find this interesting. Hell I want to know. I’ve said before it’s common to pick up 5-7whp on a bone stock gen 2 Hayabusa with just a tune. But then after spending $1500+ on a full exhaust, picking up 10-15 over bone stock, what’s actually making that gain? Then gen 2 busas have catalytic converters. Is that gain purely from a better header design, or does eliminating the cats make up for some, most, or all of the gains over stock with a tune?

I have a stock gen 2 header here with the cats removed. I’d like to see the dyno numbers like this:

-stock
-stock with tune
-stock header with cats removed

and finally tuned out with a full exhaust.

If someone on here that’s driving distance from Houston has a stock gen 2 and is going to do a full exhaust soon let’s work something out. It will be a fun day on the dyno, and we can all learn something from it.
I definitely will subscribe to your channel.

Maybe think about a collabo with @c10 s Garage- so you two could benefit from each others traffic/ videos/ideas.
I think its a great idea and like I mentioned before - There is nothing like it out there! So go for it!!

Edit: maybe we can get someone to do a good intro for your videos as well!

I think this a very bold and a step in the right direction. Being as busy as you're I know it will be difficult but like you said, no one is doing things on the technical aspect. And also if you do turbo builds on the channel, I know there isn't anything like that out there. I've been subscribed to your channel for quite sometime and love them. I think this will be the next up.

Rob this would be awesome to see. I will do my best to whore your videos out to help get views. I would like to see this happen and work. As I love to learn more stuff on bikes and how to improve myself and skills on a motorcycle. I do love the idea on clutch tuning as that is total voodoo from what I read. Tuning would be awesome to see in depth.

One thing I haven’t seen anything on is tuning all the cylinders independently vs the traditional way.

I watch Moore mafia on you tube and he does some decent videos.

Rob this would be awesome to see. I will do my best to whore your videos out to help get views. I would like to see this happen and work. As I love to learn more stuff on bikes and how to improve myself and skills on a motorcycle. I do love the idea on clutch tuning as that is total voodoo from what I read. Tuning would be awesome to see in depth.

One thing I haven’t seen anything on is tuning all the cylinders independently vs the traditional way.

I watch Moore mafia on you tube and he does some decent videos.
:super: :banana:

I would definitely be a subscriber. I do browse the tube and gram and could put your name out there as much as possible. Just throwing names out there but cycle secrets stands out. Could be confused with bicycles though.

Awe man. Data logging and ecu editor changes to correlate. Then a real tutorial on actually using the ecu editor. That would be great! Then we could all take work out of your hands... lol. Just kidding man. I really enjoy and appreciate the contributions you make here and on YouTube.

Definitely a video on ecu tuning.
I'd love to know what the values mean in the cells...
Like is that milliseconds the injectors are open?
When you change these values in the bike it will behave like this.
IE too much fuel here makes the bike pop on deceleration. Real world stuff.
Gotta start out at the base level so I can understand but that stuff is interesting as hell.
I'd love to be able to fully understand a data log
Power commander video would be cool as well.
Pulling an engine apart...
Show us how the tranny works..

So awesome I'd watch every one.

Back