TonyM995 Gen 3 Build

Sorry for the late reply. I bought a longer bolt and made a spacer. Removed the factory bolt and and used the longer bolt/spacer to attach it to the crank. Set the pointer with a TDC stop. I tend to go to great lengths, to make sure my base timing is 120% accurate.
Dang that’s awesome. Well I got three of the same timing lights and none would flash. I set the mark to zero and set the ecu to zero but I’d like to really make sure it’s ‘dead on balls accurate’.

Thanks to Greg I got the fuel pressure adapter made and working. Wired the clutch/two step switch. Removed the oil cooler/restrictor and put the oil pressure sensor extension on.

Time to start tuning it and to get the swing arm/shock on. Then I need to plumb the air lines for the air shifter.

And wire all of the lights lol. Lots of work left but at least I’m actually working on it. I’ve learned so much from this and am excited to get going again! Still have a ton of responsibility at work plus exercise but I need to get in some riding this year.

I’m learning how to tune which is like drinking from a fire hose at first. Had a setting to ignore AFR above 16.0 so my o2 correction would stop compensating. Fixed that.

I’m still trying to figure out why the bike goes lean but the compensation is still reducing fuel so I need to learn/understand better how to get the behavior I want. The tables just before this look good and David helped me but I haven’t had time to try again yet.

IMG_0126.jpeg

I need to make a dash and was thinking of using send cut send for a plate and have the ecu and other items welded on by a local tig welder.

IMG_0146.jpeg

Need to drill holes in the carbon seat pan and mount it.
IMG_0145.jpeg

Lights and plenty more stuff to do still but at least I can ride in nice days now and get better at tuning.

I used a bus bar and today emailed Mad Racing to see if they will build me a custom block for just sensor ground and 5v. The ecu provides 5v and ground. Fueltech said they have to be ground to that so the ecu gets the “cleanest” ground signal.
IMG_0022.jpeg

Other items are routed to engine or battery ground depending on what it is. For example, ecu itself goes to battery ground and the fuel pump and cooling fans go to engine ground.

Car guys use this:

Turbo kit ordered from Scott Davis. Tune got better and then we got several feet of snow in a day.

You can see my fabrication skills on full display here. Hahahaha
IMG_0264.jpeg

Unit 5 released a shock sensor mount so I bought them. The low dollar ones are for a car and don’t work great for the bike.
IMG_0263.jpeg

This is too close to the chain for me. It will get filthy here. I’m going to move it but it’s out of the way until I get a bracket made.
IMG_0304.jpeg

Tire hugger doesn’t leave me much room. I may buy the Soupys links to raise the rear some. They are 0-4” of lowering and Brock’s is -1.5” to -3.5” and the -1.5” inch is a bit too low for some reason. I’ll raise the shock a bit and see if this will all work. The tire rubbed the inner fender on my test ride without the hugger….
IMG_0308.jpeg

Back