Brock's + Gen3 = N/A

InfiniteReality

Registered
Sharing my experience to hopefully save some headache for others.

I bought 4 things from Brock's for my Gen3.
- Kickstand
- Window adjustable lowering links
- Lowering mount/bars for front.
- Header/midpipe

TLDR: I would only recommend their exhaust stuff.

Kickstand: Technically fits and does work. BUT with us having the quick shifter and their straight design of it makes it a SOB to catch the end with your foot to put down. This was with tennis shoes, I can only imagine boots being more difficult.

Window adjustable lowering links: They are 1" longer than OEM, which they state is a 1.5" drop. On my bike it gave a 5" drop. Part of this is due to the 4" long turnbuckle they use, it's 1/2" longer than it should be so it bottoms out before they can get as short as possible. Went back and forth about this for weeks (25 emails in total), straight up told me they don't accept returns since installed and to sell on eBay. Finally got to the point I said this is the first and last purchase I make from them, got a call from the manager and he admitted it should have come with a 3.54" turnbuckle. Another thing I did not like is their use of coarse threads for the turnbuckle. While may not really matter that much (in my case anyways), fine threads are stronger. Positive is only that they look awesome.

Lowering mount/bars for front: Brock's said they do not make this part, does not have their logo etched anywhere, but definitely comes in Brock's packaging. For a $350 part, I was not thrilled to see the included shorter bar end bolts RUST after just being opened and laying on the bench in my shop......hadn't even been in the rain yet. OEM bolts are fine in comparison, sitting right next to them. I'll end up just shortening the OEM bolts to use, but disappointed.

- Header/midpipe: No issues at all with these, actually top notch quality and fitment. I liked the fact I could purchase everything but the muffler which I didn't plan to use. Was a pain to actually receive them, several promise dates that didn't happen. I just got lucky and finally got it after 6 weeks, but only because someone returned a set when I was bugging them.

PXL_20220605_234934927.jpg

PXL_20220607_212038855.jpg

PXL_20220612_013107238.jpg

PXL_20220612_013129567.jpg

PXL_20220604_015252122.jpg

PXL_20220604_023747087.jpg

PXL_20220615_213530134.jpg

I bought a dirt cheap amazon kick stand drilled out the hole to fit a grade 8 3/8 bolt instead of the cheap one in it and it's tough as nails and lighter then stock.

Probably the same kickstand design I bet. I did not have to drill mine out and was able to reuse the stock bolt/nut.

It looks identical to yours actually I just didn't trust the height locking pin, it has a fatter foot also.

I totally went the wrong direction and thought you meant the 14/17mm attachment bolt. I'm with you on that, just an uneasy feeling knowing that little bolt is holding your bike up. I've never swapped it out on past kickstands, but really is not a bad idea and will follow suit on mine.

Back