Now what……

bgreen.bpg

Registered
I’ll save you all the long story and just say that I was trying to get the bike turned around on a tight paved very sloped driveway, I’m a moron, and this picture is the result.

My wife says, “No big deal, you can barely see it.” But I can see it.

There is a replacement fairing on eBay for two hundred that claims to be OEM and painted.

I’ve also watched some videos on trying to “touch it up” myself.

Anyone have any experience with anything like this? There doesn’t seem to be much aftermarket for the Gen 3 fairings, maybe I’m just not looking in the right place.

Any help is appreciated. Feeling like a real dipshit.

6861B346-A097-469C-A8FA-BDC3E4994C89.jpeg

Don't beat yourself up too much, bikes fall over every day....things happen sometimes and the Hayabusa is no light weight-when it starts to go, it's hard to stop.

Probably better to get the panel as it will cost more than a couple hundred to get this one repainted.

Oneida Suzuki . Get a replacement chrome piece too.

Been there done that many times.

If you're not going down once in a while you're not riding. But you're learning all the time. Me personally I like a low side on nice soft grass, but unfortunately it never seems to be that way. It seems to always be asphalt.:p

very similar to my old 2010 busa in pearlescent white with gold decal, rolled off the side stand when blowing up the back tyre , at the time the decal cost me £60.00 and the paint from rs cost me £60.00. then paid a spray shop £60 to paint it and a decal shop £20 to put the new decal on corretly . needed a clutch lever ,and foot rest from ebay around £30.00 this was 2013 , rs can give you the exact paint .

Save yourself all the headaches and trouble. As others have said, and from first hand experience, order the oem pieces. It arrives, unbox, bolt on, go ride.

Oem is the best way to go. Paint and labor is over 300 easily. Add the Kanji and the chrome piece and you will be over the price of the new assembly from oneida

I’ll save you all the long story and just say that I was trying to get the bike turned around on a tight paved very sloped driveway, I’m a moron, and this picture is the result.

My wife says, “No big deal, you can barely see it.” But I can see it.

There is a replacement fairing on eBay for two hundred that claims to be OEM and painted.

I’ve also watched some videos on trying to “touch it up” myself.

Anyone have any experience with anything like this? There doesn’t seem to be much aftermarket for the Gen 3 fairings, maybe I’m just not looking in the right place.

Any help is appreciated. Feeling like a real dipshit.

View attachment 1649618
I heard the Busa won a battle scar from an encounter with a truck pulling a travel trailer behind it.......that the pilot expertly escaped.:race:

poop happens man, sorry. Like others have suggested probably better to go with a new fairing. Hard to tell from picture but some of those scratches look deep enough they will need to be filled, sanded, painted, new sticker etc.... that will cost more than a couple hundred.

Back