Speedometer calibrator

Gadget112

Registered
I’ve been using a speedometer calibrator from 12 O’clock Labs on my 04 Hayabusa for years. I was running about 5 mph slow at 70 and this fix it. I put this on at about 50k miles which means I also clocked about 4k extra miles on my bike. Today I went for a ride on my new 2023 with my gps and it’s doing the same thing which it commons on most Jap bikes. My wife’s Yamaha Vstar needs it as well. 12 O’clock labs doesn’t list one for the gen 3 yet but I going to see if the model for my gen 1 will work. It’s listed for Busas from 1999 to 2020 (model S1). This is a great plug and play mod to get your speed running correctly. I’m glad I’m doing this early on with my Gen 3

It's not going to work, Gen3 works very different
I just heard back from 12 O’clock Labs and they are currently trying to develop one now. Yes it does work differently. They need to tie into the wheel speed sensor and not the sensor on the sprocket. They said they would let me know when they have one. Thanks for the heads up on old one not working before I started removing plastic.

There is no sprocket sensor on the gen3, front amd rear wheelspeeds only. Problem is if you change one without the other traction control will get upset. I can male the speedo read whatever I want with the maxxecu as I control the CAN message that runs the speedo

There is no sprocket sensor on the gen3, front amd rear wheelspeeds only. Problem is if you change one without the other traction control will get upset. I can male the speedo read whatever I want with the maxxecu as I control the CAN message that runs the speedo
Does that affect ABS as well? Do both sensors send speed? If you remove one will the other still work or vice versa? My question pertains to putting a different wheel size on the rear, will that mess up the speedo/tc/abs? I've seen some busa videos if a wheelie is going on for a period of time they seem to have no or little speed showing. Then as soon as the front wheel drops its moving again. Does the odometer still count correctly via transmission if no sprocket sensor or does it get messed up if the magnetic wheel sensors are missing or not calibrated correctly or a sensor goes bad?

Does that affect ABS as well? Do both sensors send speed? If you remove one will the other still work or vice versa? My question pertains to putting a different wheel size on the rear, will that mess up the speedo/tc/abs? I've seen some busa videos if a wheelie is going on for a period of time they seem to have no or little speed showing. Then as soon as the front wheel drops its moving again. Does the odometer still count correctly via transmission if no sprocket sensor or does it get messed up if the magnetic wheel sensors are missing or not calibrated correctly or a sensor goes bad?
speedo works off front wheel speed. rear wheel speed is used for traction control etc

Back