I have officially been Challenged!!

Sum Beach

Registered
Some clown I work with has challenged to race my bike. I dont get it. I dont really know this guys name much less even talk to him but he seems to really want to impress everyone and me with his racing prowess.
Oh by the way his race vehicle? A mid 90's Dodge Eagle Talon with a stage 1 turbo pushing out (his words) 300 crotch rocket eating horsepower.
My POS crotch rocket? 09 Hayabusa. No mods except VooDoo exhaust tips pushing an estimated 190 hp.
Think I really stand a chance? :rofl:
Does he honestly think I care? :moon:

Oh thats right the race! He wants to do it on the interstate starting from a 40 mph roll on to max top speed.
Me thinks he has seen Fast & Furious too many times. :rofl:

BTW No, I will not accept this lamewad challenge. I sleep soundly at night knowing that I AM faster!!

yeah, like Blanca says.....miss a gear and he blows past you....:laugh:

Lol I've had guys like that. Just laugh.

Here's a good one- a guy on a stretched (but otherwise stock, including the stock can) gsxr600 with a 300 tire wanted to race me. It gets worse. Not only did the guy run his mouth to the point his "homies" were laughing at him, but he didn't want to run a 1/4 mile, or 1/8 mile, or a canyon run, he wanted to race from the memorial BBQ we were attending for another rider to the highway, and then another 15 miles to Hartford.

I couldn't keep a straight face.

all i can say is WOW!
tell him you want to race in reverse from -10 to -70 mph.

I personally wouldnt waste my time with a turd! This is like a Midget challenging to wrestle a UFC Champion
An 09 with Voodoo pipes may make 165 RWHP
Posted via Mobile Device

An 09 with Voodoo pipes may make 165 RWHP
Posted via Mobile Device

I gotta agree with yankee, im thinking 160-165rwhp... Im not seeing an 09 putting out 190rwhp with just slipons.. especially Voodoo pipes. Maybe an alienhead full exhaust or TiForce but an otherwise stock bike with voodoo's on it?:whistle:

Go bet his a$$.. don't over think it, from 40 mph roll just let the bike do the work. 190 Hp with VooDoo pipes, that's not happing.. but no worries bud...: cheerleader:

Yea the voodoos drove you down to about 170 RWHP, don't know brother ??? sounds like you got a Busa Killer :whistle:

I just realized that I often hear people around here talk about Busa Killers. Never Ninja Killer, or BMW Killer, just Busa Killer. Dayum the Hayabusa is a legend.

Lol I've had guys like that. Just laugh.

Here's a good one- a guy on a stretched (but otherwise stock, including the stock can) gsxr600 with a 300 tire wanted to race me. It gets worse. Not only did the guy run his mouth to the point his "homies" were laughing at him, but he didn't want to run a 1/4 mile, or 1/8 mile, or a canyon run, he wanted to race from the memorial BBQ we were attending for another rider to the highway, and then another 15 miles to Hartford.

I couldn't keep a straight face.

sorry, i couldn't help it any longer, I just stole your bikewallpaper:beerchug:

If he is so sure he is faster, he wont have problems putting some $$$ on the table.
Go smoke him, take his $$$ and put him on his place:laugh:

Don't do it. Next thing you know you are WAY ahead, slow down to see if he'll ever catch up, look behind you, and LEO is standing there with cuffs. Really wanna risk that? If he wants to race FOR REAL, go to a track or something. Some people's kids.....

I only raced my old eclipse GSX off road. On road on the other hand the fastest thing I beat was a modded Svt cobra supercharged. And I had 22psi pushing out of my turbo.

You get up to top speed quicker than he does, leave him in the rear view and then pull over, let him go by, then pass him again! LOL

tell him for a $100. I know a nice little 1.5 mile 4 lane with no side streets or place for leo to sit. it's concrete and smooth and at certain times of the day it's almost abandoned. I wouldn't do it at night though (deer).

Take him to the track and school him.

Or just show him the youtube video's...

Put the cam facing back and do it already. Waiting for the video... :laugh:

Or, make a charity event out of it. All those who want to watch have to pay $5 which goes to some charity, and make local cops guard the event on a closed road. Make a number of runs for the public.

Or, you can win over him with math:

Talon: 2700 lb / 300 hp = 9.0 lb/ hp

Busa: 750 lb / 190 hp = 3.9 lb/hp

Conclusion: you have an advantage - in your case, every hp accelerates roughly twice less weight than he would in his car.

What he is hoping for is that he has better tire contact area, the skill, and if you make a mistake bad enough he can beat you.

Actually, the difference in weight/hp ratio is not as drastic as one would think. So, he has a bit of a point in wanting to race.

Back