World Superbike

OK kinda hard not to respond here since I started this thread. First of all sorry for ruining it for anybody! That was absolutely not my intention, especially given the timeframe involved. But this was a post about a race that happened almost 2 days prior to me even posting about it. The results of which, had been blasted all over the internet within seconds of the first race being over. So again if I have offended anyone or otherwise ruined your Tuesday night viewing pleasure I am truly sorry.

BTW the Philip Island WSBK races are Saturday and once again showing Tuesday night on Speed. You may want to avoid the internet between those days.
flamethrowingsmiley.gif

(bigoltool @ Feb. 26 2007,23:48) OK kinda hard not to respond here since I started this thread. First of all sorry for ruining it for anybody! That was absolutely not my intention, especially given the timeframe involved.
You did not ruin anything man .

The topic header is plain as can be

Topic: World Superbike, 07 Gixxer's first win!

If people did not want to know who was on that Gixxer and or what team it was .......... they should not have clickied on it .

Does not take a Einstien to figure that topic header out .

Sometimes I wonder if I'm on a BMW forum  
wink.gif

(mountainmotor @ Feb. 27 2007,04:27)
(bigoltool @ Feb. 26 2007,23:48) OK kinda hard not to respond here since I started this thread. First of all sorry for ruining it for anybody! That was absolutely not my intention, especially given the timeframe involved.
You did not ruin anything man .

The topic header is plain as can be

Topic: World Superbike, 07 Gixxer's first win!

If people did not want to know who was on that Gixxer and or what team it was .......... they should not have clickied on it .

Does not take a Einstien to figure that topic header out .

Sometimes I wonder if I'm on a BMW forum
wink.gif
Thanks!
beerchug.gif

Your welcome .

Might avoid getting panties all wadded by adhering to putting SPOILER in next topic header without bike brand name or rider ...... nuthin .

WSB results would not be good enough .

WSB results - SPOILER - might work depending on time of month  
biggrin.gif

(mountainmotor @ Feb. 26 2007,06:37)
(Charlesbusa @ Feb. 25 2007,21:23)
(mountainmotor @ Feb. 25 2007,08:42) My opinion is that Honda were fools for not signing him to MotoGP  . He just ran away from Nickey and the rest of the pack at Laguna last year and did it on a much inferior bike . Too bad electrical gremlins cost him the win .
Not trying to take away from C. Vermeulen, but Nicky caught and passed him before he had problems.  The gremlins cost him a podium finish, not the win  
wink.gif

That new Honda rocks  
super.gif
Chris started having a problem around lap 11 but he was driving through by not using the rear brake . The traction control was locking the rear tire . If you go and watch the race again you will see in later laps that Chris stood  his bike up cause it was sliding from the rear being locked, and thats when Nickey got around him . Smoke was coming off the tire even and yes , that particular gremlin cost him the win and was the only reason Nickey even could catch up . Chris was running 1:23.4's  
bowdown.gif

The latter laps another gremlin above the first one hit the Suzuki engine --- ignition this time . Chris was thinking he might have to push the bike to the finish .

Not to argue the coulda , woulda shoulda's but Chris was schooling those guys at the 2006 Red Bull . Comfortably 3 seconds in front of KJ then 2.5 seconds in front of Nickey once he got around KJ . Chris had a hard front , medium rear and barring a crash , there woulda been no stopping him that day if the two problems had not risen .

I will look for his interview as well .

http://www.topspeed.com/racing/chris-vermeulen/ke1468.html

http://blogger.xs4all.nl/daisy/archive/2006/07/24/108360.aspx
I don't know if I buy that
wink.gif

Hayden was catching him and caught him before he started having problems.

Even without the "traction control" problems(maybe it was the tires, coulda pushed them too hard too early...) I think Hayden was still going to go by Vermeulen. From the lap times you can see not only did Nicky set a faster lap time, but had more sub '24s than Vermeulen. Of course we'll never know for sure.

qp.gif

wink.gif

(Charlesbusa @ Feb. 27 2007,08:43)
(mountainmotor @ Feb. 26 2007,06:37)
(Charlesbusa @ Feb. 25 2007,21:23)
(mountainmotor @ Feb. 25 2007,08:42) My opinion is that Honda were fools for not signing him to MotoGP . He just ran away from Nickey and the rest of the pack at Laguna last year and did it on a much inferior bike . Too bad electrical gremlins cost him the win .
Not trying to take away from C. Vermeulen, but Nicky caught and passed him before he had problems. The gremlins cost him a podium finish, not the win
wink.gif

That new Honda rocks
super.gif
Chris started having a problem around lap 11 but he was driving through by not using the rear brake . The traction control was locking the rear tire . If you go and watch the race again you will see in later laps that Chris stood his bike up cause it was sliding from the rear being locked, and thats when Nickey got around him . Smoke was coming off the tire even and yes , that particular gremlin cost him the win and was the only reason Nickey even could catch up . Chris was running 1:23.4's
bowdown.gif

The latter laps another gremlin above the first one hit the Suzuki engine --- ignition this time . Chris was thinking he might have to push the bike to the finish .

Not to argue the coulda , woulda shoulda's but Chris was schooling those guys at the 2006 Red Bull . Comfortably 3 seconds in front of KJ then 2.5 seconds in front of Nickey once he got around KJ . Chris had a hard front , medium rear and barring a crash , there woulda been no stopping him that day if the two problems had not risen .

I will look for his interview as well .

http://www.topspeed.com/racing/chris-vermeulen/ke1468.html

http://blogger.xs4all.nl/daisy/archive/2006/07/24/108360.aspx
I don't know if I buy that
wink.gif

Hayden was catching him and caught him before he started having problems.

Even without the "traction control" problems(maybe it was the tires, coulda pushed them too hard too early...) I think Hayden was still going to go by Vermeulen. From the lap times you can see not only did Nicky set a faster lap time, but had more sub '24s than Vermeulen. Of course we'll never know for sure.
I couldn't resist
laugh.gif

Laguna.jpg

wink.gif

(bigoltool @ Feb. 25 2007,09:04) " James Toseland's Tenkate CBR1000RR was an absolute rocket (won race two) at this race. Visibly faster on the straights than any of the other bikes!"

You bet those Honda's run ! Last years Suzuki's made around 202 hp . The street version limited production Honda replica Ten Kate sells makes 213 , race bike even more than that . Ten Kate knows HP .

I recall one of the last two WSB races season 2005 when Chris Vermullen on the Ten Kate Honda owned them all on a day he could do know wrong .

My opinion is that Honda were fools for not signing him to MotoGP . He just ran away from Nickey and the rest of the pack at Laguna last year and did it on a much inferior bike . Too bad electrical gremlins cost him the win .
This is interesting. I haven't actually heard any real numbers yet on the new 800cc MotoGP bikes but if the 990's were making ~250hp and they gave up 20% of the dispacement you would think the new 800's were making around 200+hp. Which means the Superbike's are now making the same or more power! This would have to bode well for the future of street bike development! The Superbikes will need to be able to cope with all that speed using production chassis and more or less street viable brake components etc. The MotoGP stuff is cool to dream about but it will not be showing up on the streets any time soon unless you count the Desmosecci.[/quote]

I must be Psychic!

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Article....&Page=1

Back