Squid?

LA Busa

Top 5 Femme Moto Finisher
Donating Member
Registered
Alright, I'm a newbie....

Most (ok all) of my buddies around here drive Harleys and they like to have died when I told them I was thinking about buying a Suzuki (the Gold Wing has gotten me some ribbing from them too). I dont care as I dont have a "herd mentallity"!

Names like Crotch Rocket, Rice Grinder and I suppose the more polite moniker... Metric.... have been nicely bantered about me.

I guess we all have those that are on the other side of our fence but what the he** is a "squid"?

I have seen you refer to all sorts with this one!

Figured before I used it on anyone I had better get some schoolin on what it means...

ss011.gif

Allow me to edumacate you in the ways of the squiddish

Squid = Squirrely Kid

* one who rides with no protective gear
* one who does stupid things (wheelie while lane-splitting)
* one who accessorizes in a stupid way (yeah, that spoiler looks good on your busa)

“Squidâ€￾
Glossary

Definition: Have you seen a motorcycle rider who does not wear protective clothing, darts into and out of traffic at high speed, seems to need some motorcycle training and, in general, acts like he/she doesn't know what they're doing? You've seen a Squid.
No one is quite sure where this term came from. It is a naval term for a young sailor. It may be an acronym. Some examples are "SQUirrely kID," "Stupid, QUick, and Inevitably Dead," or "Super QUick, Inadequately Dressed."

Take the test
Squid test...clicky

<!--EDIT|Toyz
Reason for Edit: None given...|1124155129 -->

That squid test was out of control... I snorted water all over my keyboard!
BTW, I tried to come up with the squidliest answers I could, scored 10:
So far, 11482 people (including you) have responded to this Squid Test Survey and have been tabulated. Of those responses, the average grade is 52. Your grade was 10 (from 0 to 100), and 0 out of the 115 questions were left un-answered. The average number of questions answered in this test is 47.

A higher grade indicates a stronger sense of common decency, and a lower grade is an indication of conspicuous squidliness and general disregard for civilized society. Your score indicates that you are an imbecile of epic proportion and a danger to everyone and everything nearby.

laugh.gif

My results are:

So far, 11483 people have responded to this Squid Test Survey and have been tabulated.  Of those responses, the average grade is 52.  The last grade was 81 (from 0 to 100), and 2 out of the 115 questions were left un-answered.  The average number of questions answered in this test is 47.

A higher grade indicates a stronger sense of common decency, and a lower grade is an indication of conspicuous squidliness and general disregard for civilized society.  This score indicates that the last test taker is a fairly responsible motorcyclist but a bit of a wise-ass.

Hey, I'll take it and run!

--Wag--

“Squidâ€￾
Glossary

Definition: Have you seen a motorcycle rider who does not wear protective clothing, darts into and out of traffic at high speed, seems to need some motorcycle training and, in general, acts like he/she doesn't know what they're doing? You've seen a Squid.
No one is quite sure where this term came from. It is a naval term for a young sailor. It may be an acronym. Some examples are "SQUirrely kID," "Stupid, QUick, and Inevitably Dead," or "Super QUick, Inadequately Dressed." [/QUOTE]

+1

i gave up after question #20 and seen that i was barely 1/4 done
sad.gif

maintaining the wheelie for the duration of the pass, working on that
smile.gif

Alright, I'm a newbie....

Most (ok all) of my buddies around here drive Harleys and they like to have died when I told them I was thinking about buying a Suzuki (the Gold Wing has gotten me some ribbing from them too). I dont care as I dont have a "herd mentallity"!

Names like Crotch Rocket, Rice Grinder and I suppose the more polite moniker... Metric.... have been nicely bantered about me.

ss011.gif
Tell your Hardly buddies that when a US manufacturer can build a bike with the capabilities and the durability of a Busa and sell it for $10k you'll buy a few of 'em.

It's been years since I've seen that one.

So far, 11500 people (including you) have responded to this Squid Test Survey and have been tabulated. Of those responses, the average grade is 52. Your grade was 74 (from 0 to 100), and 0 out of the 115 questions were left un-answered. The average number of questions answered in this test is 47.

A higher grade indicates a stronger sense of common decency, and a lower grade is an indication of conspicuous squidliness and general disregard for civilized society. Your score indicates that you are a halfway decent rider and wise-ass who is way too narcissistic his or her own good.

Hey, that was great!
I scored an 80! Guess I have some squid like tendancies to work on!
I have ridden to the store in flops and shorts.... Hey its hot down here..

Me thinks that South Alabama is crawling with squid!
1zhelp.gif

Being a Squid is relative to time.......yes, time!    Here it is,   If it takes you about 30 seconds to get on your bike and ride away....then you're a SQUID!

Now if it takes you about, 2-3 minutes to suit-up with helmet, gloves, armored jacket, glasses, boots(already on),  then you're a NOT!!!

Wheelies in traffic,  speeding in all the wrong places, stoppies on a Busa,   any of these sorts will get you a SQUIDLY TITLE!  

I think WARBROWN has a good pic of a Squid!

<!--EDIT|Devil Dog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127010396 -->

So far, 11781 people have responded to this Squid Test Survey and have been tabulated. Of those responses, the average grade is 52. The last grade was 87 (from 0 to 100), and 0 out of the 115 questions were left un-answered. The average number of questions answered in this test is 47.

A higher grade indicates a stronger sense of common decency, and a lower grade is an indication of conspicuous squidliness and general disregard for civilized society. This score indicates that the last test taker is a fairly responsible motorcyclist but a bit of a wise-ass.

Honestly there were a couple questions that I would have answered differently/gone with a more safe answer had one been provided (i.e. crossing a wet bridge). Yeah so I can be a wise-ass but that's when I'm off the bike/out of the car and walking around in public.

Back