What is your worst squidding moment

Mason357

Registered
I know we've all squidded at sometime. My worst was with my first bike 09 GZ250. I rode to a friends house just down the road from me and I had no helmet, no shirt, shorts and was barefoot didn't even have on the required flip flops. Def not the smartest ride I went on.

What's you guys squid moments?

I know we've all squidded at sometime. My worst was with my first bike 09 GZ250. I rode to a friends house just down the road from me and I had no helmet, no shirt, shorts and was barefoot didn't even have on the required flip flops. Def not the smartest ride I went on.

What's you guys squid moments?
Had just gotten my first bike I was 16 and it was a dual sport 250cc, I had my driving permit and my dad was adamant about me only riding close to home. Well dad went to work and I rode to my friends house a few miles away and was hanging out. When going to leave just before I pulled outta his driveway I see my dad barreling down the road and panic. I jam the front brake and side step dropping the bike in my friends driveway in front of him and his family and a bunch of friends and of course my dad.

In 1993 I I traded my Gsxr 750 for a Gsxr 1100. The extra torque really improved my wheelie skills (LOL). Shifting to 2nd during a wheelie was no longer a problem. One day while wearing a T-shirt and jeans ( no helmet, it was hot)) had my buddy follow me to observe my skills. I stood it up, shifted to second, and rode it out (80+?), as I landed it went into a massive head shake (broke fork stops at some point) and I flew off. Ass over teakettle and the scars to remind me I’m no wheeli wizard.

In 1993 I I traded my Gsxr 750 for a Gsxr 1100. The extra torque really improved my wheelie skills (LOL). Shifting to 2nd during a wheelie was no longer a problem. One day while wearing a T-shirt and jeans ( no helmet, it was hot)) had my buddy follow me to observe my skills. I stood it up, shifted to second, and rode it out (80+?), as I landed it went into a massive head shake (broke fork stops at some point) and I flew off. Ass over teakettle and the scars to remind me I’m no wheeli wizard.
Damn man that is intense. We definitely all learn from those moments.

My squid experience? I sold my bigbore 04’Busa to buy a turbo Busa. Worst thing I ever did.

Because it turned into a huge headache/nightmare. 2 years, 2 blown engines, thousands of dollars which resulted in me hating Busas for a while. Not to mention ruining my love for riding at the time. FWIW, I could build a reliable turbo bike now with what I learned.

My avatar was the bike I sold.

In my 20's I went flying over an overpass and at the top cars were stopped and I had to go between the cars and divider. Narrowly missed killing myself. It was a good lesson though. I never go too fast over hills anymore.

Another time I ran into a tire stop in a parking let and fell on my old 79 Kawasaki 750 twin. That was just dumb.

Too many
Wide open through traffic on Kings Highway Myrtle Beach, on a Hardly-Ableson Fatboy, wearing shorts, shoes, and sunglasses.
Many a sportbike wheelie dressed the same, and usually a helmet.
None of that in the last 15 years or so, all hoonin in full leathers. With only a rare shorts, t-shirt, nikes and helmet 25mph cruise to the store(not like I couldn't get rashed and killed then either though).
I only consider it as being a squid because of no gear, or worse...no skill.
I have a little skill, enough to keep me alive this long(more so the grace of God), and don't feel comfortable without full gear riding anymore.

My squid experience? I sold my bigbore 04’Busa to buy a turbo Busa. Worst thing I ever did.
DSCN0076[1] - Copy.JPG

Nice avatar!

I have a friend who rides awesome standup wheelies on his CR250.
5th gear, 11 o'clock, bars turned, 70+mph.
Decked out in shorts, a necklace, sometimes a hat on backwards, no shoes, nothing else, and a cigarette just for the challenge...the smoke blows in his eyes and he can hardly see, let alone the wind, lmao!

I'm more interested in the S600 coupe in the background.....

That's Evelyn. I bought the coupe to fix and sell and ended up falling in love.
I don't have any cool squid stories. I did ride my Zuma with flip flops once, must say the wind felt good between the toes.

That's Evelyn. I bought the coupe to fix and sell and ended up falling in love.
I don't have any cool squid stories. I did ride my Zuma with flip flops once, must say the wind felt good between the toes.
Them big body Merc's will have that effect! Comfort, luxury and power, the combination is intoxicating!

Target fixation through a corner on my way to Oak Glen in SoCal, jeans and shorts, off the side of the mountain and into a the branches of a tree I went..... bike is probably still down there.
Should have said jeans and a t-shirt.....

Back