the most "squidly" thing you've seen

saw a vid of some dude trying to do an endo butt naked and flippin it over.....posted it before but dont feel like looking for it now. maybe someone else has it

a year ago, saw a guy and his girlfriend riding two up on an R6, splitting lanes while doing a stoppie and both only wearing tank top-shorts-flip flops-and a helmet.
eek2.gif

(tinbender0 @ Oct. 07 2006,05:25) are you a squid if you're good?
all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif
I gotta admit. Some squids are REALLY TALENTED stunters. Some of 'em do very acrobatic things that I can't even do in my own backyard. Albeit, many of them are not very intelligent.

all_coholic.gif

I saw plenty of squids in Florida during my recent trip... because of that no-helmet law they have... and yeah, all Hardly riders!

(PaNDeM1C @ Oct. 10 2006,21:09) I saw plenty of squids in Florida during my recent trip... because of that no-helmet law they have... and  yeah, all Hardly riders!
But, funny how many of them wear those stupid beanie helmets / novelty helmets.
rock.gif
THEY DON'T WORK!!! Only ment as a work around for the law.
iamwithstupid.gif

Squid (motorcycle)

A squid is an irresponsible motorcyclist. The term is derogatory and common among motorcyclists in the United States and is generally associated with a new or reckless motorcyclist seen riding erratically and/or beyond his or her capabilities, often without appropriate riding gear.

The origin of the word is varyingly attributed:

A contraction of:
"Squirreley" and "kid" (possibly taken from California surfing culture), or
"Squished" and "kid"
An acronym for:
"Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, Ignorant and Dangerous", or
"Stupidly Quick, Underdressed and Imminently Dead"
Note: both of these are likely to be backronyms
Derivative of U.S. military culture:
Newly-inducted sailors based in San Diego in the '60s would frequently buy an inexpensive two-stroke motorcyle for transportation while on shore, whether they'd ever ridden before or not. So, there were large numbers of unprotected, inexperienced "marine life" squirting through traffic in a hurry and leaving a trail of black "ink" (smoke) behind them.
"Squid" was also a common derogatory term for sailors:
Recent inductees were called "squids" by more senior sailors, and
All sailors were called "squids" by Marines
Based on similarity between the way a "squid" rides and an actual squid swims.
Squids can appear unable to change direction while swimming without first coming to a near complete stop. However, once the squid does stop and change directions, it can very quickly accelerate back to its regular swimming speed. Beginning motorcyclists (especially sport bike riders) commonly have trouble negotiating turns, and must slow down to unnecessarily slow speed, while at the same time have a tendency to ride very fast on the straight sections of the road.
Often young, squids are identified by their reckless abandon (speeding, wheelies, stoppies etc.) and by their inappropriate attire (shorts, backwards ball caps, flip flops, wifebeater T-shirt, etc). Such a rider eschews all or most of the protective gear worn by many riders (helmet, gloves, leather jacket, riding pants, and boots) and the social and legal norms of riding behaviour, and as such is looked upon with derision by experienced motorcyclists, who also refer to them as "organ donors", "Zip-Splats", "a Stillie", "Skin Crayons", "Sausage Creatures"<1> and "soon-to-be-ex-motorcyclists".
guns.gif

(smokin_gunz @ Oct. 06 2006,09:48) guy in my area is a major stunt guy with a team and all... he was riding with a girl on the back...popped a wheelie...she lost some of her fingers when the 12 o'clock bar she was grabing made contact with the pavement and ground them off.
That gave me chills. Now I think I need to vomit.

Driving on I-75, there was this guy on a sports bike, shorts, t-shirt, tennis shoes, no helmet, sunglasses. He was leaned back in the seat. His foot propped on the throttle, his other on the bar. Hands behind his head. And he PASSED us.
wow.gif

LETS SEE SKI BESIDE MY ZX9R

SIT ON THE GAS TANK WITH FEET OVER MIRRORS

RIDE NEXT TO BIG DEISEL (DOES THAT MAKE ME A SQUID)

LAUNCH THE BUSA ON THE MAIN DRAG

(LadyHawk @ Oct. 13 2006,12:47) Driving on I-75, there was this guy on a sports bike, shorts, t-shirt, tennis shoes, no helmet, sunglasses. He was leaned back in the seat. His foot propped on the throttle, his other on the bar. Hands behind his head. And he PASSED us.  
wow.gif
poke.gif
I have thought about doing that from time to time.
SHOCKED.gif

So I've seen this dozens of times, but yesterday I decided I had to post my last visual of this wonderful occurance. I call it natural selection.

Guy/Kid, not sure for he was wearing a helmet (thankgod), infront of me on a Kawasaki while I'm on my way to work. Takes the off-ramp on I-405 towards woodinville and I guess he figured it was a race as he starts excelerating into the turn. I have never seen a bike lean that far in a turn, and I don't think he had either.  
laugh.gif
 Either way, I see sparks, lots of breaking, then that wonderful right foot sticking out to try and stabiliize the bike.

First time I got to see a streetbike dissolve before my eyes.  
crazy.gif
 Pulled over and checked on the guy. All he was wearing was a T-shirt and shorts and when I got to him allot less skin. He was pretty badly messed up rash wise. Asked him if he was ok, he said ya. Then I mentioned of the wonders of leather. He informed me that he didn't need riding gear, something about it slowing him down...  
rock.gif

Ended up being late for work too. Never could understand the mind set of putting a foot out to catch the bike when the ground is going by at 60+. Do they really think they are gonna get a good foot hold? And since when does riding gear slow somebody down? Is this because riding gear doesn't come painted white and chrome?
wow.gif

I was working with a guy the other day he told me this story.

He was driving down the expressway at night, checked his right mirror to change lanes, thought he saw something so he goes for a second look. A guy comes past doing a stand up wheelie, headlight pointing at the stars.

My fav is the, umm, squid isn't the term. I'm going to stick with 'Knobber'. The 40 plus guy on the totally stocko and low milage Harley that appears as soon as it is dry and warm. I think this is a global phemonenon (or however you spell it). See if this rings any bells.

- White t-shirt, black vest. Levis and Johnny Reb boots.
- Highly modified Hardly. Has tag surround from stealership.
- Actually thinks he can outgun any bike on the road.
- Never waves, nods or talks. Stares straight to the front in hard guy pose.
- Insists on splitting traffic despite lack of room.
- Is member of a tool bike club.
- When he does talk, says something like 'yeah, she produces 200+ BHP'.
- Gets shirty when you say 'What? you are a knobber'.
- Travels alone because he can't share the road.
- I even seen this tattoo. 'We are the 1% who don't fit in and don't care' while wearing an OCC singlet.
- Feel free to add your own.

Not really a squid, just a bobo.

I am (thank god) about one year out of squiddom. About a month ago I was splitting lanes on the I-5 in La, traffic was going about 10mph and I was doing around 25-30, which is still a little fast for splitting lanes. When all of a sudden I see a bike in my rear view coming up behind me, and fast. He procedes to change lanes and hauls past me doing at least 60 and accelerating!!! ... and what's worse, he only had a tank top on and a half helmet.

As for talking on the cell phone. I havn't done it, but my passenger does sometimes... I remember looking in my rear view at her and she is sitting up with on hand on the phone and one on her leg. While we are splitting lanes through traffic and getting on to the freeway. But I tell you, this girl is the best passenger I have ever seen. I once took her around a corner while on my old '90 katana as the foot peg touched the ground and she wasn't even disturbed, totally cool... oh well to bad she has a husband.....

Back