What is a squid?

So, I just read my last post. I hope I didn't come across as a wise guy. That truley wasn't my intention, it's an honest question. I guess if I'm being honest the real question is: Am I a squid? I always wear helmet and jacket, but I don't have pants boots or gloves.
Add the gloves to your gear and you'll no longer be in danger of squid consideration. Hands almost always make contact during a spill and can get torn up pretty good. Not to mention you tend to use them occasionally throughout the day, and having them torn up can be more than a slight inconvenience. Riding without them is about as wise as riding with flip-flops IMHO.

<!--EDIT|warbrown
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144278497 -->

I call them "Calamari".
tounge.gif

So, I just read my last post.  I hope I didn't come across as a wise guy.  That truley wasn't my intention, it's an honest question.  I guess if I'm being honest the real question is:  Am I a squid?  I always wear helmet and jacket, but I don't have pants boots or gloves.
Add the gloves to your gear and you'll no longer be in danger of squid consideration.  Hands almost always make contact during a spill and can get torn up pretty good.  Not to mention you tend to use them occasionally throughout the day, and having them torn up can be more than a slight inconvenience.  Riding without them is about as wise as riding with flip-flops IMHO.
Warbrown pretty much summed it up...

At least wear some sort of boot instead of tennis shoes, then you definately squid free
biggrin.gif

There's mucho squids here in FL, one passed me today, no helmet, no protective gear, squidster did a wheelie while riding by.... Maybe they were filming a movie about "Squids" and I was just driving thru the movie set....

Thats why my wife gives me so much doo-doo for having a bike, maybe she thinks im a squidster.....

I have decided i'm not a squid.

maybe someone should start a squid anonymous.

Hi my name is dummy and i'm a squid

Should'nt there be some rash on the bike & broken or missing parts - WIRE TIES holding it together. I hear wire ties make you faster, not just the color of your bike - is that true??

Back