what is a squid?

A dude that doesn't wear proper riding gear.

Term sometimes gets thrown around too much and gets annoying. I myself hate labeling terms like that. I would just prefer to call someone and idiot for doing something stupid.

A dude that doesn't wear proper riding gear.

Term sometimes gets thrown around too much and gets annoying. I myself hate labeling terms like that. I would just prefer to call someone and idiot for doing something stupid.

Couldn't agree more. The term squid is over used entirely to much around here. A few of the guys I ride with/work with call them "Knobs" lol. Apparently that's a moto-x thing.

"Squid" refers to a new or unskilled rider. The term originally came from dirt bikes/motorcross, when a noob rider would not keep their feet on the pegs. The dangling legs look like a squid's appendages, hence the term. In recent years, squid refers to any rider that has poor skill or is not atgatt etc

I see, too damn hot here in florida for all that **** however I always wear my shoei and a mesh jacket... (Well, mesh sometimes comes off in the heat of the summer, can't stand the heat!)

A squid is a person who asks what a squid is :rofl:

Just kidding. I thought it referred to the young Navy around here who buy bikes and then crash them and never ride them again. Naturally they do what immature young guys do with 150+ hp. Not to say all young Navy guys are squids, I just thought it was a Navy slang that we all adopted. I didn't even know it was a "national" term.

Every group has a name for those that do not conform to their standards. Squid is usually those that wear little or no gear. Power ranger applies to those that do:whistle:

A better visual

uploadfromtaptalk1321577408713.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1321577408713.jpg

Every group has a name for those that do not conform to their standards. Squid is usually those that wear little or no gear. Power ranger applies to those that do:whistle:

I look pretty damn sexy as a power ranger... just sayin.... and as a squid :laugh:

Squirrely kid got shortened to squid, unskilled with no gear and no fear, or common sense.

Hooligan or hoon is skilled and geared, and commonly reffered to as a squid...and almost always by haters.

Back