What's in a squid?

jaydoc1

Registered
We all talk about squids every once in a while. We say things like: Typical squid move, dumb-azz squid, etc... But what do we really mean. I have to think that most of us here look at the speed-limit signs as more of a suggestion than a hard and fast rule. Most of us have probably lifted the front wheel a time or two (maybe the back occasionally). We have probably all left a little smoke and rubber from a burnout every now and then. So are we all squids?
I think the answer comes down to when and where you do all of the above and the general attitude you have while you're riding. To whit:
I don't do wheelies in traffic or though neighborhoods. I don't drive over 100 mph frequently (obviously I do it occasionally, why ride a Busa otherwise). When I do speed it's in sparsely populated well-known areas. I generally try not to make a nuisance of myself and my motorcycle.
Today, however, I got to witness the full explanation of the word squid.
I'm driving home from the airport and I see in my rearview an individual on a sporty little R6 moped squirting in and out of traffic behind me on the highway. As he cuts in front of me he misses my front bumper by maybe six inches. After that he gets in behind a car and sits not three feet behind it as we cruise down the road. Then he gets in a drivers blind spot, the driver signals to change lanes. The kid doesn't back off, but when he nearly gets hit by the car he swerves over right next to it (like he could reach out and touch the car) and starts flipping the lady in it off.
After this we pull up to a stoplight. As we sit there I would swear the kid is having a seizure. He's jerking his head back and forth, he's jammin' through all the gears on his bike, he's slamming the bike from side to side, he's hitting the rev limiter. This is all while we are sitting stopped at a light.
Now I don't know if the guy was on crystal meth or what but he certainly showed all the drivers around us his azz. I'm sure they all have a much better outlook on sportbikers after his little display.

evil.gif
evil.gif

evil.gif

Happened upon a pair of Sacramento's finest bikers the other day....both on beat down old ninjas, wearing the chrome "harley" style half shells, one of them tried to do a burnout at the light, but didn't notice his spinning rear wheel drifting over onto his buddies foot....said buddy pulls foot away, drop bike over into Mr. burnout, who freaks out and bails off his bike, which chirps 20 feet ahead, missing a car but finding a stoplight pole. God, if I'd have had a camera I'd make "Stupid Videos" for sure!! Gene pool is turning into a sun baked mud hole, huh?

TB thats a funny story it's ashame you didn't have a video camera.
iamwithstupid.gif
Jay you hit the nail on the head as far as finding out what a squid is. A squid is just a
newbie.gif
who thinks he knows it all.
umnik.gif
but in reality is just someone who is going to end up in a body bag.
grim.gif
if they are not carful.

Back