You might be a squid if.....

Cipher Complete

Registered
I saw the earlier squid post and I would like to qualify the term, and maybe set down some hard guidelines.

My personal favorite:
Kid on a liter bike or bigger, 2 inch chicken strips, shorts, no helmet, tennis shoes, gloves, and a jacket? Why even bother with the jacket? These are often accompanied by a girl in the bike in shorts and a tank top, who will look really good, until capt. Squidly throws his bike away.

I had a kid drop his brand new Gixxer 750 twice before he left the parking lot. He would not even look at the SV, the 500, or even the 250. he was not even interested in the 600, he would get too bored with it too quickly. One of my fellow salesmen then snatched him up and got him financed. He had never ridden before.

It's not just kids on liter-bikes that deserve attention . . .

In a Honda showroom, I watched a guy in his late 40s write a check to cover the full cost of a brand new Goldwing (with about $5K in accessories) to be delivered to his house.

Overheard this quote: "I want to do my first bike right"  Perhaps first and last bike rolled-up into one?  I wonder if he was having it delivered because he can't ride and didn't want anyone near the showroom to see his first ride ending up going over a curb or into the side of an SUV?

Now we need a new term for the suburban 40/50-somethings satisfying their male menopause cravings.

"Scabs" - "40/50-Somethings Craving Attention riding Bikes"
rock.gif
??

I see guys come in to the dealers and finiance through the Zuk card because they cant get ins and then trailer it around the corner because they dont have the endorsment.

Then they wonder why we do not ride with them.
all_coholic.gif

I BOUGHT MINE WITHOUT A MOTORCYCLE LICENSE
AND RODE IT OFF THE LOT. DEALERS DONT CARE
ABOUT THAT.AS LONG AS THEY GET THEIR MONEY.
HE COPIED MY LICENSE AND CAME BACK OUT AND
SAID EVERYTHING IS OK. HE PUT THE TAG ON AND
SAID THERE YOU GO. AND I SAID
super.gif

(heavybusa @ Oct. 13 2006,05:19) I see guys come in to the dealers and finiance through the Zuk card because they cant get ins and then trailer it around the corner because they dont have the endorsment.

all_coholic.gif
wow!
wow.gif
laugh.gif

I heard a guy say... If I can ride a bicycle I can ride a motorcycle... Then he left on a brand new gixxer750... His exit from the lot was one of the scariest things I have ever seen. rear tire braking loose from rapid acceleration and the U-turn he made at the light was a really close thing. the sales guy turned and looked at me and said he'll be back soon... those guys are always back after they heal up.

(heavybusa @ Oct. 13 2006,05:19) I see guys come in to the dealers and finiance through the Zuk card because they cant get ins and then trailer it around the corner because they dont have the endorsment.

all_coholic.gif
The dealership I bought mine from offered this very thing to me. Just in case I didn't want insurance!!

There's not a dealer here in Va that will let you ride off their lot on a new bike if you don't have a motorcycle indorsement. There's way to much liability involved and you can lose your dealer license too.

The worst new bike deal I know of is a kid bought a new 2006 GSXR 1000 - 1st bike. He lost it and went off of an overpass & landed in the highway - bike stayed on the bridge. He died - bike had .8 miles on it.

At the Laughlin Bike run I had seen a patch that read, "15K & 15 miles doe not make you a biker" Quite fitting here I would say.

Back