What is your worst squidding moment

I rode with jeans, t shirt, light jacket and running shoes (oh and a helmet) to the West Coast (130 mile trip over a mountain range into a rain forest) when I was 29 (old enough to know better) and froze my ass off in the pouring rain almost all the way!
When I got there, I had little money, no where to stay, didn't know anyone there, had to take shelter in a shopping center for hours 'til a guy came to me and said "are you ok mate? you look almost hypothermic, do you need any help?"
Turnred out he was St John's Ambulance worker off duty but a kind and gentle soul.
He took me back to his place and let me warm up enough to head home again.
The trip home was not as bad lol.

All the times I went tear ass'n around (gravel roads) on my cousins old nighthawk 550 wearing shorts and t-shirt. Lucky I never went down I would still be picking gravel out of my knees and elbows.

The worst "squidding" I ever did was on my CR250R dirt bike...I had to get rid of it or I would have killed myself on it....

I used to cat-walk past my lads on their dirt bikes and slap their helmets on the way by...and that was the less crazy thing I did on that bike...

Glad I came to my senses and got rid of it. I don't or haven't done anything worth mentioning on the street.

I honestly have too many squid stories to tell. Much older and wiser now (notice i said wiser not smarter)? I have ridden plenty of times at all hours of the night on back roads deep into the triple digit, without a helmet, coat, gloves, etc. Looking back, i wonder how i am still alive. I lost a corner at 130 plus took a street sign out. Buddy 10 feet in front of me took bambi out i got sprayed with the sh!t. I once miss judged a corner ( honestly hit sand and crap at side of a pretty sharp corener) sideswiped the concrete center divider, kicked off it with my butt and shoes. Tore a hole in jeans and shredded my ass cheek some destroyed my shoe as well. I can remember plenty of stupid and wonder how i am alive. :shocked:

Because it turned into a huge headache/nightmare. 2 years, 2 blown engines, thousands of dollars which resulted in me hating Busas for a while. Not to mention ruining my love for riding at the time. FWIW, I could build a reliable turbo bike now with what I learned.

My avatar was the bike I sold.
Not to be off topic but I’ve got a blown Camaro that I’ve spent more time working on than driving and will never sell because I’ve dumped so much money into it-feel your pain.

Not to forget the time I rode to north Colorado in the middle of December only wearing the gear I wear in the summer in Louisiana. That was a cold ride.
SANY0021.JPG

Teaching my ex sister in law to ride. I sat her on the front and I rode on the pillion seat. She thought I was in control of the bike. I couldn't reach both grips around her. I pinched her fingers in the clutch lever but couldn't get it to disengage. Nothin else I could do. the bike weaved wider and wider and we went off on the wet muddy shoulder where the bike fell over sideways downhill. No injuries but a muffler burn and a bleeding ear from an earring. Bike was totally fine. I'll never teach anyone to ride like that again.

Mine was actually just jeans, shoes t shirt, hat and glasses. They damn wind had my eyes watering so damn bad I swore never again lol

Adidas shorts, t-shirt, sneakers (well running shoes up here in Canada) and a helmet - transitioning onto our main hwy #401 westbound when my 1972 H2 went into a ‘lock to lock’ high speed wobble around 80mph..... Actually let go of the bars completely and it managed to settle itself down luckily. Thought I’d outsmart it and was able to reach down and tighten the biscuit damper under the triple clamps. Worked great until I attempted to turn off the highway and I overshot the ramp as the steering was wayyy too stiff... Fun bike but dangerous with that short wheelbase and peaky powerband.

Mine was on a dirt bike on a logging road on a CR250R....I was about to jump a small river and just as I lifted the front tire off the ground just before the edge of the river, the bank gave away causing me to enter the water at "mach chicken"...graceful was not in my vocabulary that day...

Once my kids got over the shock that I was OK they started into laughing....

They were behind me and said they saw me then I was gone..

Nothing got hurt on the bike as the water was only a couple feet deep.

My Squid moment. Rolling up to my Fiance's house to a complete stop and attempting to put kickstand down as the bike is in lean motion, and as I kick the kickstand I MISSED!! and down I went ! lol was on my 2008 Ninja ZX6R. at least 3 witnesses. It was bad habit of mine because it happened to me twice haha.

So......................back in 1988 I had my 1986 Blue/White 750 Slabside
Drove my 12 year old little brother a couple miles down the road, Stop the bike, he jumps off and 3-4 of his buddies come out and egg me on to :"pop a wheelie) so I am on a culdesack I try a couple time but the cold rear tire would not allow it, just then one of the neibors comes out and says to me "what the %F&^& are you trying to do, arrogant me busts out with why what are you a F^^78ing cop? he takes his badge out and says...why yes I am.. He asks for my ID.
"I don't have it on me" (under suspension for failure to pay uninspected ticket)
no motorcycle endorsment if it was valid
so when he asks my name I blurt out John's, guy smiles and says really, okay address? I draw a total blank....um....ah that street behind Bla Bla store.....Oh really he says.....cause I am his godfather....OH poop
only me
only a few hours in local lockup that night , just a fine and back tickets, right as rain again.... then I got my MC endorsment and the squidding REALLY started
running from the police on a YSR50

Back