Krazy night & local squid does it again

ICEMANN

Registered
Weds Aug 17. Whata nite! (sorry it's longer than I wanted)

Great night to ride. Weather's perfect. I jumped a lot of hoops to be able to ride to local bike night at Quaker steak n lube in Columbus, Ohio.

Started day off working on bike. Have been fouling plugs left and right. Had bike torn completely apart. Replaced plugs, changing maps, all plastics off fixing minor alarm problems and changing wiring around etc.

Out of da blue gyal shows up to ride with me up to bike night. :lol:
Days getting better. Finally hit the highway. 45 min ride to area.

Swing by local Shell hangout to see who's all riding. Meet up with good friend. High-speed ryder who fails to wear gear cause in his mind he's too cute! (dumb asss).

Several other riders around. You know the type. You've seen them before, you dont know them, something about their whole presence makes you EXTREMELY leery about riding with them. Riding on 600's. Loud and obnoxious, tattos on neck, hood rich type. Their telling stories about this bike thang or that one as if they were in V. nom chasing Charlie thru the thick of it.

so as usual you let them go out front and keep your distance cause you just know they cant ryde worth a shytt.

We leave the shell and head up to QS&L. Decent night several bikes to look at. Grab some food etc. Im nervous about my bike acting up. Too many vibrations in foot pegs.

There are two chicks that are talking about racing each other. Neither of them is present but everyone's two way keeps blowing up as the rumors circulate about each of them getting nervous. One chick rides a white zx10 w/pink and blue thin pin stripes, some chrome and the seat has been re-covered in Louis vatton material. Bike looks aight. But she LQQKS AIGHHT!!. Black, Asian chick with a body.

The other chick rides a GSXR1000 stock. She has a body n 1/2 but about a 4 in the face. I swear she wears some of the meanest cat suits while riding.

I will try to get pics later of both bikes and riders as well as keep ya up on the race. (going off on a tangent ref squid topic).

Anyhoot.... Both dont really know shytt about riding let alone racing. Each is scraping the barrel for tips and letting their ego's get them further into trouble. YET I just have to see this race.

SO we leave QS&L to head toward the ""OFFICIAL RACE"" gathering and going ova the stakes/rules prize etc.

Squid has passively been bragging about his new icon gladiator gloves w/metal all over them. You know the $200.00 pair. Squid has on T-shirt, jeans, and a MR-T mohawk strip. Dayum thing looks like the FAKE BRIGHT GREEN STICK ON spike type mohawk at that. Unfortunately for squid I judged him by his appearance and attitude but later find out he's a real decent guy. Oh and no helmet.

We get on IS71 and head south from the far north area. Traffic is somewhat thick and it's about 9:30pm.

One bike tears azz and leaves going home. High-speed BUDDY that has self ego problems from above.... takes off.

Squid takes off behind him. Then theres me and several people right behind me. I can see high-speed and squid out front and getting smaller due to distance. 4 lane highway on each side of concrete wall.

Krazy dude on orange flamed bike w/blue blinking led's buzz's by me pretty dayum close and I kinda wanna go kick his assss.

I lookup and see the squid in action.

Squid attempts to pass 1st guy that took off to head home. He's on a stock busa. He passes him on the left side SO FUGGIN CLOSE AND SO FAST that squid hits and takes the clutch lever OFF of the busa.

I immediately down shift and nail it to get up there because I know it's going to be bad. Been feeling it all day. (Also amaized bike is running aight).

This begins squids bike to wobble and ultimate violent tank slapper. Squid is now scraping down the right side of a car going down to the asphalt into a slide. This is in the center of the highway at a minor curve.

While on the way down he's going diagonally off towards the right getting booted off the bike. Those $200 ICON gloves goto work greeting a magnificent fireworks display. Look of squid, squid appears to be impressed with the sparks than whats at hand literly amazed. Bike is IMMEDIATELY, I mean IMMEDIATELY ran over by a flat bed semi hauling steel coils. I swear squid just died in front of me. No longer see fireworks display. I see squids bike then flick out from under semi and takes out high-speed by hitting him in the rear. High-speed goes to a crouching tiger seated position with his no gloved hands doing a Flintstone breaking maneuver. Traffic begins to brake abruptly. I see orange/blue lights stopping. I wanna crack him one as I pass him. I start to waive traffic down due to the curve. Squid's bike slides on up the higway towards the guardrail. It's toast. High-speed's bike doest slide to far but it hit the ground HARD!.

I pull up and block the highway with my bike at an angle and all lights on squid so no one will run him over. Stop all traffic. Snatch some lady out of her truck and have her keep traffic stopped. I see several people on cell phones so I know 911's been called.

I go over to squid who's gloves are glowing orange from the metal heat build up. Pretty neat actually. He's sitting up on his elbows and is alert and oriented. Neck/head appears intackt with no sign of injury. Mohawak is still there. Make comment to self to tell him it's time to get rid of it. Ask him for his keys, cell phone and name of person to call and begin triage. Upper body fine minor road rash on elboe. Looks like carpet burn. right leg fine no signs of any damage. Left pant leg is torn with some blood around it. Start feeling down towards his knee and his eyes begin to light up with a WTF so I know it's getting worse. While feeling my whole hand dips down as if in sand. Tear jeans back to reveal his shin bone. He has a gash torn open. I remove my gloved hand out of the wound. His look of thanks was enuff. Skin peeled back to revel bone, tendons, artery, and nurves etc. Looks like health book of mucsular tissues of the body. Racer chick with #4 face is holding his head. Cant help but to peep the apple bottoms. Look back up at the #4 and it just shake my head about what a waste. Have her put pressure around upper part of leg and keep him talking. He has no sign of pain with exception of me putting hand in wound.

Go check on high-speed as well as have everyone move their bikes to the right side of the road. Get rid of all the wierd stopped cars and move traffic enuff to get medical attention in. They take over and I make phone call to squids wife. She's new to the area so now I become her laison coordinator on directions to everywhere. I dont even know this guy and it's contact next of kin all over again. This makes call #386. Seriously. Hi-speed doesnt want medical attention. His wrist is the size of my calves and his right ankle is sprained pretty badly. Road rash on his hands looks like melted pizza cheeze. We make eye contact and he gives me the I GOTA GET OUT OF HERE LOOK. Fuk. Can you ride out? no.

I begin to direct CPD into scene area and offer any help.

Other people help get bikes positioned etc. CPD gets out of crusier and everyone starts the rumors that their going to start checking tags so 90% jet. I see orange w/blue lights and just get ready to go THANK HIM PROPERLY when CPD is standing right infront of me.

Turns out I know the officer and we talked for a sec. I look at Hi-speed and give him a thumbs up. Hi-speed gets ride home.

Friend shows up with truck. Both bikes removed. Everyone leaves to goto next exit. First thing I ask is where's the race going to be.

Three of us head up to hospital to check on squid. He's getting emergency surgury on the leg and the plastic surgons in the room. His wife shows up and somehow know's Im the one that called her. She's a 9 and in scrubbs, teary eyed. Gives me a thankyu hugg and I get wacked in the back of the head by mines. I cant help but to laugh. Get another one. (Note to self, when hugging greiveing thankful spouse dont grab toosh). glad I didnt.

Squid wont be walking for about 6 months. Squid has no insurance or license that I know of. Not sure on license.

Same CPD officer walks into room and says hey again. Nods towards me and gives the guy a break. Cites him for failure to control only not reckless. Tells' me that he's not taking any enforcement on hi-speed.

Total length of scrape from squids bike puts him at near 100/115 at first strike. 75/80 as he starts slide. Approx.

Both lucky to be alive. Ruined my nite. Never saw race. Dont know results. Different post. Hi-speed will have to use his left for awhile.

Sorry it's so long of a post.
sad.gif

That sucks that you had to have your night ruined by some stupid squid...hopefully a squid or 2 will read this and get something out of it.

Just another example of an accident and subsequent injuries that could have easily been avoided.

I have a question for your friend (Too cute to wear gear). After witnessing that accident and slightly injuring himself, has he decided to gear up or continue on without them. I hope he has learned his lesson, if not I pray for him.

Also glad that both of them are recovering, could have been way worse especially at those speeds. It actually turned out real well in my opinion. For the squids out there, please take heed and learn from these situations.

ICE, Glad you used you kept your head in the situation. Ashame you had to see it, but it sounded like you knew it was comming eventually. Lucky the squid had you around for the quick assessment.
Gear is a must.
Chris

Good thing you keep your distance or you might have been in that mess. That susks that your night got ruined my some squid being retarded as usual.

Good job Ice, Glad you were not hurt in any of this. As, he learned the hard way, sad indeed.

Dayum playa sounds like quite a night. I wanted to come out to Quaker so bad, but was at home teachin' the kid how to ride a bike. So I guess we both saw our share of spills.

Glad to hear you didn't get too wrapped up in that mess.

Thanks for the recap, bro! That accident is why insurance is so high and a large number of fatalities. Glad no one was killed in this one, but definitely gives you something to think about when riding in groups like that.

I HATE that it's because of people like that, bikers are given a bad name. Pisses the hell out of me. Alot, nay, most of us are responsible and careful. It's that small percentage of idiots that destroy the good name of motorcycling.

Good thing you kept your cool. Stopping the traffic and stuff. Wicked.

By the way...I know this was mentioned in a post somewhere else. But you mentioned about keeping slot no 1 as your next of kin. Isn't there some other system where you give the number a certain name?? Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Yea it was posted. Program "ICE" into your phone with the contact information. That way everyone will call my asss when your down n out!.

No actually the concept is good except as in this case. I got his phone and the thought of looking up my name never occurred to me. So thinking of "ICE" to call his significant other was not logical. Also homie probably didnt get that email.

I did know that humans are creatures of habit and by nature choose the lazy yet "DONT GET CAUGHT" way of programming things used everyday.

in his phone "HOME" was probably his house, two questions got the wifes information and where to find her. I was able to get alergy and medical information very quickly.

Again "ICE" is a neat concept that over time might work very well. However for me, when trying to calm the screaming injured, control other passengers, control a massive scene with 10+ people doing their own thing usually fukking up things thinking their helping, with good intentions, as well as controlling traffic and that idiot that has to around everyone and trying to make sure their is no fire hazzard, dead people etc, not to mention remember to get keys for vehicles with locked steering, name, address, and bithdate, and dont forget 1st aid or CPR etc, calling for help and knowing what to tell them to bring etc ... looking for "ICE" in a cell phone is low priority and no where in massive memory dumps.

Funny thing is no one really knew what my job is, and no one questioned what I told them to do, including the lady I waived out of her pickup, hung up her phone, handed her a red flag and "ordered" her ever so daintly to keep the traffic stopped. She just did it. To me thats pretty good.

As far as "ICE". You limited on the information that can be put there. Usually the phone is on a hip/belt and is the first thing to contact the ground and break. Me. I have all the information laminated inside my helmet.

Name, dob, WORK address, insurance infomation, copy of license, allergies, next of kin, blood type, medications in system, and donar information. Keep same information stapled to my registration, and one behind my drivers license. 1st place most cops are going to go look. I dont want any excuses when it's time to save my dumb asss.

Thats the reason I keep a basic 1st aid kit under my seat too.

Hope that helps.
JD

Its the same thing in every state. We have alot of them in washington. Dumbasses let me tell ya,

What a night
wow.gif

ICE...good to see that you were professional enough to put your personal views aside, and took charge of the scene to ensure everyone's safety and well being.
beerchug.gif
Dam fine job!
cool.gif

Sorry your night got ruined by the squids
sad.gif

Back