Squids

If you guys are complaining about wearing gear when it's warm out, you aren't wearing the right gear.

I'm an AGATT type of a guy. I don't call those who don't do it squids though. Now if you were wearing flip flops.. :whistle:

I could give two chitz about who does or does not ride with gear as long as it's not a close blood relative. You can ride in a loin cloth and you won't hear one peep out of me. No helmet, no problem. Its a free country and for the time being you get to make the decision on gear, wear what you want! If you always obey the speed limit you'll most likely never die from road rash. Drop your a$$ on the asphalt at a buck fifty wearing a tank top and jeans and you'll be naked as a Jay Bird when they find you and most likely bled out & graveyard dead before the medics arrive.

I did buy some heat gear stuff from cycleworld because it was on sale so I thought what the heck give it a shot. That stuff actually cools you when you start to sweat in it. Still just think the jacket is too hot when it gets up near the triple digits.

:drama: a SQUID to me, is when there is a guy/gal riding with or without gear, and at EVERY stop sign/light they assume that they have to rev up the motor to the red line and have to burn out on take off....now to me...THAT IS A SQUID!!!!!

If your not wearing gear you don't appreciate having a body enough to protect it. You only get one and if you take care of it and protect it... it can serve you for a long time. A severe road rash is just one price you pay when things go a foul... their are many others as we are all well aware.

I hit a deer in 1991 and suffered deep abrasions on my knees which was only covered in denim. All other contact points were covered and it made all the difference between being dead or severely damaged from the impact with the road. For those who choose to ride without a helmet in an uncontrolled enviroment... I hope you never fall.

I have to admit it. I always wear a full face DOT / SNELL helmet, always wear jeans and shoes. If I'm going out for fun ( riding hard or traveling ) I wear gear. It's hot and it's uncomfortable, as well as inconvenient, but I would hate to go down without it.

I ride in helmet, jacket, gloves, jeans and boots most all the time. Every now and again I will take the jacket off for easy slow rides......when riding like this yes I am a squid, but when I have my jacket on I don't consider myself a squid.

In countries that have equal medical care for all I guess its a bit unfair to have to pay extra(the tax payer) for the dummy who goes gearless.

Its just a point for debate. Wear whatever,I don't pay tax's.:whistle:

Another point for me,would be if an' Org member/friend/family member whent down and folks rally'd around to help the guy out with medical bills etc...I doubt I would chip in if he wasn't fully geared. There should be no rewards for stupity.

Full race suit ALL THE TIME.Thats me. I have several depending on temperature. I also bring a clear visor,heavier gloves and night time eyewear to switch out with the irridium visor,vented gloves and Raybans when the sun goes down.

Somebody had a good list up there...^

Mine is:
I'm far to pretty to want to mess up these goods.
A rashed up face and body will not get you laid.
The kids dig it...or it scares them...Win Win.
It's a conversation starter...hopefully with the hot chicks or hot single moms with kids that I just delighted or scared.

It gives me a chance to make people laugh. You know when some dummy in the crowd asks "Is that your bike?" When yer standing 3 feet away from it wearing more leather than a herd of cows. It will make a chic laugh out loud at her boyfriend when you reply with something like...

"No not my 2007 Suzuki GSX thirteen hundred R Hayabusa the world's fastest production motorcycle. Never seen it before."

or.... "No,I'm on my way to Helga's house of pain,it's S & M night."

"No,not my bike...I'm in a Villiage People revival band." (that ones funnier when in the vest and chaps)

Wear whatever you want...there's a dollar store near me with some great "Get Well" cards.

If thats what your skin is worth to you...then thats what it is worth to me.

99 cents.

Okay, so as one of the 30 year plus people, and BUSA rider...I don't get it. I see people all the time in sneakers, tank tops, shorts, etc. What I don't get is why? Why wouldn't you want to have some measure of protection while riding? I have always worn Full Helmet, Jackets, jeans, and boots as a minimum. At no time have I ever thought that my riding experience was somehow diminished or "cheapened" by wearing it. Sure, it gets a little uncomfortable at times, but the fleas come with the dog. I sure hope no one is mentoring new riders in the art of NOT being safer while out there. As one of our ORG Brothers put it...I like my skin! Lastly, I ride with precious cargo all the time...i.e. wife and daughter...and you can bet your arse that they have on gear at all times as well. I see that guys that don't force the issue, and I wonder if they truly care about their cargo.... In the end, it's just my opinion on the matter, my best wishes for safe travel for all!

i gear up all the time, all year round, and if it get's too hot i'll just shorten my ride. guys bust my balls at work about it but there "non riders" so that isn't saying much. :laugh:

I wear all my stuff all the time. Last week was 97 up here and I was sweating my ass off but wouldn't ride without my stuff. I just don't see the point when falling at 25mph will peel skin off like its nothing. Some people don't believe they should wear gear cool but I think I need it all the time. Some people believe pulling out is good birth control :rofl: I dont. Protection for me no matter what I'm riding :whistle:

If all I could ride in is a t-shirt and shorts, then I won't be riding. Got others besides me to think about/take care of...

Signed REFORMED SQUID ('cause I used to ride my Harley like that)...

I wear what I wanna wear !.... But damn.... Can I operate the Lion zord and be the red ranger ???! Please ! Please ! Can I ??!

Back