Will I get any brownie points ...

NightCrawler

Love all. Trust a few. Do wrong to none.
Donating Member
Registered
A few months back my brother called me and told me a friend of his who owns a 1000RR wanted to race me. When I accepted, he promptly told my brother the race will be down Biscayne Blvd. ( a VERY busy street) and around the block. He went on to say he knows I'd beat him with the Busa so he needs the traffic in order to even the odds. I told him if he had a BMX I wouldn't race him through traffic. That's just not my idea of a "fun" race. If he's not going to give me a straight run on a back-road where there is little to no traffic, I wasn't going to bother with it.

Now just yesterday my brother told me he issued the challenge again ... this time on a long VERY low-traffic road commonly used down here for racing. It'll be a slow roll for 1/10th of a mile and a full-blown dragrace for the remaining 9/10th (yes ... the same 9/10th racing Phantom12 always spoke of). The 1000RR pilot races that way quite frequently .. I have yet to do so.

I'm guessing he has had some work done to his bike since he feels he no longer needs to race me in traffic in order to win. When he originally challenged me, my brother told me he had an aftermarket pipe (not sure which brand). I'm assuming he has now gone into the motor. All I have is the Brock Hindle.

I've never seen his bike before but I have seen him. By looking at him I'd say we weigh about the same so I'll say the power-to-weight ratio goes to him. Unfortunatly, that's about all I can give you as far as the tale-of-the-tape.

My question is, if I beat this guy should I be proud of that? Its not like its a K5/K6 or a ZX-10R ... heck its not even an R1.

PS
My brother is bringing a camera to record the race. Once I figure out how to upload to photobucket I'll present it. This is of course assuming the race actually takes place. The weather here hasn't been rider friendly lately. If it does take place, it'll be this upcoming Sunday.

Uhh...
all_coholic.gif
Good luck to you if you decide to go for it!
Umm...
all_coholic.gif
Don't be stupid in whatever choice you choose.
iamwithstupid.gif
Show us the tape if you go for it!
lurk.gif

all_coholic.gif

Good Luck
beerchug.gif
You do know that the best "rider" is gonna win regardless of what bike he is on
wink.gif

(BA BUSA @ Nov. 06 2006,02:31) Good Luck  
beerchug.gif
 You do know that the best "rider" is gonna win regardless of what bike he is on
wink.gif
I dunno ... In the 1/4 mile yes, but we are racing practically a full mile. Although rider ability will come into play, what the bikes themselves can do will play a much larger roll than they normally would.

Nothing factual but IMO 1/4 mile races are 90% rider and 10% bike. I think this'll be more like 60% rider and 40% bike.

I'm really taking this race to see what the RR is capable of. I'm always hearing about the Zook 1000 and the 10R, but I seldomly hear anything about the RR.

Watch yer azz. The 1000RR is certainly nothing to take lightly.

It will likely depend on what he's done under the hood, so to speak.

--Wag--

you got me here all excited let me know how it went. also give me call when something comes around like this... im always down for a run. also those RR pack a punch i ran one on i75 he had me for a lil bit then i hit 5th and it was over. then again i am a big guy but i love to run these kids down....
firedevil.gif

The race you are taking on requires no skill, it's all about the bike. Crack the throttle, get as low under the screen as you can and hold on. If he weighs a lot less than you, you'll lose, if he has a motor work (unlikely) or spray (very possible) you'll lose. Same rider weight and mods, you will walk him. Do not be hesitant with the throttle, twist that bitch to the stop and hold it. No clutch on the upshifts, and stay low. The RR's ain't no punks........

I had an RR that wanted to run me. It was the third day that I had my bike and I wasn't used to it. He kept jumping forward next to me on the highway itching for a race. he gave the hand motion and we went. Those bikes get up and go. He jumped out before me because I got caught in a relatively low RPM. I walked him down though before he exited the highway. Just be careful. Twist and tuck. The Busa will do the rest in a straight line race.

ya dont think the rr is going to be an easy task,on our ride yesterday my girlfriend & i did some roll-ons from various rpm's & let me tell ya her lil 636 does a damn good job of staying with my busa until we get in the high triple digit speeds. good luck & keep it safe!
super.gif

(tourbus @ Nov. 06 2006,12:30) ya dont think the rr is going to be an easy task,on our ride yesterday my girlfriend & i did some roll-ons from various rpm's & let me tell ya her lil 636 does a damn good job of staying with my busa until we get in the high triple digit speeds. good luck & keep it safe!
super.gif
Quit sandbagging. Your bike will run away and hide from a 636, unless you weigh like 200lbs more than her......

My last bike was an 05 CBR1000RR. All I had was an Akropovic slip on and PCIII. I could beat my buddies stock 04 busa to about 170 or so then he would pull on me ever so slightly. When I say "beat" I mean I'd be out front maybe one bike length.

Also, that was from a roll-on. From a dead stop the busa was GONE before we'd ever get started because RR's (or any supersport bike - ZX, Gixxer) are harder to launch than a busa.

I think the busa is better out of the hole and better all out topend, the RR pulls harder in the middle.

That's my experience - should be a good race.

I have both the Busa and a 2004 RR and unless you are doing a roll on using lower rpm's the RR is going to give you a race. From a dead stop up to 150 my RR was ahead of my buddies Hayabusa by a couple of bike lengths then above 150 the Hayabusa pulled around me. I am about 40 pounds heavier than the Hayabusa pilot. Now, any kind of roll on that allowed a lower rpm start, the Hayabusa would walk all over my CBR. It wasn't even close. If we were rolling from 7,000 rpm or more, my CBR would usually pull away about 1 bike length per gear until 6th gear.

Good luck.....BE SAFE!

Back