Hayabusa vs. r1

The R1 is notorious for lack of low-end torque and doesn't make appreciable power till over 7K, but from what I understand it is a monster once in its powerband.
+1

That mid-range is EVIL on the R1. He'll get you there once his revs are up and he's in the meat of the powerband. Just don't let up at all, don't look back and it should be a FUN race!! The R1 that spanked me was in HIS Element (track/roadcourse) as PacBusa said. But the 9/10ths game should be yours. BUT, don't underestimate him!! See if you can adjust your left rearset with the shift lever. You wanna be able to shift in full tuck without having to "look" for the lever. Crucial seconds can be Made or Lost there too.

spank that a$$
biggrin.gif

dude even if he puuls on your for the 1/4 just run the bizzoch raggged all the way to the top end and blow his wheels off in the top he wont catch have fun be safe

this sounds like a good episode for 'PINKS'!

Go team Blue! (My Busa is 02 Blue/Black)

<!--EDIT|Ken02busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143395760 -->

this sounds like a good episode for 'PINKS'!

Go team Blue!
Isn't Yamaha team blue?

Anyways, I didn't see him tonight. He normally comes in at about 5am and I was done at around 2:00. I should catch him today though. I'll speak to him and see if he's available this Saturday.

Oh, and as for "PINKS!", it looks like season 2 will be more interesting than season 1. It now more than just person vs. person. Its now import vs. domestic and Chevy Camaro vs. Ford Mustang (old school rivalry). If only that Busa vs. Busa was Busa vs. ZX-12 ...

Thanks all. And yes, I'll be as safe as I can be.

Man, I didn't think the R1 was that far behind the K5/K6's and the ZX-10's. As already mentioned I'm sure those 2 bikes would have caused some concern, but it seems as if everyone is comfortable with the Falcon eating the Raven (canabalistic ... ain't it!
tounge.gif
).

I'll see if I can get it going this weekend. And to think, I thought I was going to need a 16T up front to run with the liter bikes of today.

Also, as of Sunday there is an '06 ZX-10R at my job but the rider isn't exactly the racing type. Has anyone seen the ramair on that thing? Looking at it from the front doesn't do it justice. If you see one, check it out from the side to see just how much of the nose is actually air intake. Wow!

Click below to see.
Looks like there should be a headlight there.
You gotta remember that the Busa is geared for 200 mph at redline.....the liters are not. The K5-6 is 17-42 I believe..as are the other liters. So you need to go up 2 in the back or down one on the front just to be on even terms with them. Considering that the Busa carries 100+ lbs on them and is a sport-tourer not a track bike its even more amazing that its still beating them. The peak hp numbers are close.....buuut...as is well known...torque truly is King on the street.  
wink.gif

tounge.gif
 and we have PLENTY  
laugh.gif

Thats one area the liters will never have the edge in.......for street riding big motors rule  
super.gif

<!--EDIT|The Big Red One
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143105180 -->

tounge.gif

Just an update:
On Thursday night (Friday morning) I place a note in his employee box instructing him to meet me at the job at 1:00 pm on Saturday morning. Friday night (Saturday morning) I saw him at around 4:00 am, when he arrived to work, and asked him if he got my note. He said he did and he'll be there since he'll be done with his deliveries at around 11:00 am.

I rode there and waited for about 20 minutes, when I saw another company driver. He asked me what was I doing there and I explained what was going on. He then proceeded to call the guy I was going to race and his story was, he didn't think I'd show up so he didn't bother to come. Mind you, this guy has my phone number. I asked the driver to then inform him I'll wait for him. He replied by saying he was too tired to race.

So first he didn't show because he thought I wouldn't, then he all of a sudden caught a case of the drowsies when he learned I was there waiting.

Oh well ... I can only blame the reputation of the Busa!
cool.gif

BTW ... The other driver told me he was done with his deliveries and back in the yard by 9:00. FYI, If he arrived to work at 4 o'clock, he didn't leave the yard until about 5 o'clock. That's less than 4 hours he worked. I worked from 6pm to 4:30 am and I was there.

Spigga,

Just proves you're the better man (and Busa). He doesn't sound like a very confident rider and may have some FEAR about racing you. Just smoke him and be done.
super.gif

Him not show'in up is the first sign of doubt...not that you need an edge but that's your edge...just stay calm and relaxed and you will rip him an new a$$hole...
race.gif

On my last track day at Willow Springs, I got passed on the main 1/2 mile straight like I was standing still!!! [/QUOTE]
Observed the same thing at Thunderhill this past Thursday. The R1 was the QUICKEST machine on the track. The new R6, a brand new unit with 100 miles on it, was not far behind. Impressive.
cool.gif

Any of the current liter bikes has the potential to take the Busa given the right circumstances/riders. Do not make the mistake of underestimating the R1's ability.

The combination of the Busa's longer wheelbase, combined with the 60 lbs you have on him...nail it for all it is worth, get the lead...my guess is you'll keep it.

On my last track day at Willow Springs, I got passed on the main 1/2 mile straight like I was standing still!!!
Observed the same thing at Thunderhill this past Thursday. The R1 was the QUICKEST machine on the track. The new R6, a brand new unit with 100 miles on it, was not far behind. Impressive.  
cool.gif
[/QUOTE]
I'm telling ya those R1's and R6's are SO TWISTY/ROADCOURSE DEADLY!! PPL think the Busa will catch on the straights but if you're not on the powerband around T9 at Willow b4 the main straight, you'll get passed by even the quick 600's. R1's and R6's stay full throttle b/c of slipperclutch and ease of cornering while Busa has to back off b/c of huge torque/hp/heavyweight. That's where I lose 'em.

Back