2008 busa vs 2006 gsxr 1000

Taino08

Registered
I have a friend that has a 2006 gsxr 1000 unleashed ecu, power commander 1 down two up sprockets, full Yoshi pipe, he wants to race me on the highway he smokes everything he races that is an r1 I want to race him but I don't want to look bad if he dusts me he sais he does not have any other mods but there is no way that thing is stock it blew a an r1 with a flashtune away and the guy on gsxr 1000 had a girl on the back. Should I do it my bike has a full Yoshi and that is it.

You may have a chance on the highway, but start as fast as you can. If you start around 45 mph or so, you're gonna get killed. Do you weigh the same?

Don't put any money on it. '05 and up Gsxr 1000's are NO JOKE.

Rider skills/experience roughly the same? FWIW and just my 2 cents/humble opinion: I prefer you guys NOT do this on the street...unless you guys have access to a deserted, long stretch of road just to yourselves.

Realistically until about 165-170 he may be in front of you depending on tuning, and if you have your Busa derestricted you will eventually pass him...just dont count on it until your at about 170+ like said above the 06+ GSXR1K are no joke..minor tuning, less weight few add ons and their pretty damn fast....

The gixxer will smoke you if his revs are at the perfect spot when you go for it. Other than that you are equal. He has gearing sorted so will be much quicker than standard if he can control that front end.

Be very careful... I have a stock 06 1000 with just a slip on.... If he is in his powerband from the get go, you will get smoked, especially if it's modded as he says.....

The gixxers are seriously no joke. Lightweight and wicked power

The Busa will win this race top end given the room to run flat out. The Gix is gonna spank you in a sprint.

Jay and I have lined them up a few times...give up a quick win. You'll need some distance to chase down that gixxer. I think you'll win in the end, but I'd want some miles to be sure.

I want to go a quarter mile on a track he wants to do it on the highway I am to old for that stuff,

If he doesn't want to race at the track, don't race him.

Bikes like these are no joke, and riding them like they are will not end well for anyone. Need evidence, just look at youtube.

Race him at the track. With your longer wheelbase, and his short gearing, you should be able to beat him.

Take it to a track, bragging rights are worthless if you aren't around to enjoy it. If he wants to do it on the street, clearly he's a moron. Hold yourself to a higher standard. That being said the Busa would win in a long race, short...probably not.

Keep it shinny side up
-D

If he's 1 down and 2 up he's not gonna see much after 150, you on the other hand should see close to 190. Street racing depends on a lot of variables. Seems like he knows what he's doing since he smokes everyone, that or he's hiding a 20 shot :laugh: You need to be above 4K RPMs on take off, I'm thinking he needs to be above 10K. Some of the gixxer guys can speak to that. You're already giving up a hundred pounds of weight just bike to bike. I believe unless he screws the pooch he'll have you and probably put a few bike lengths on you at first, but if you're running a half mile you'll put him away.

So it really depends on the race and the riders skill.

I had a friend that was just doing a no never mind with a guy and the bikes had different gearing. The guy ran my buddy up to around 10K before hitting it and my buddy immediately bounced it off the rev limiter. End of race. These street and grudge race guys don't play.

Back