drag racers what would you have done??

justa-busa-girl

Registered
this weekend we had drag races at the airport in our home town and a guy was in the bike class racing a 150cc honda dirt bike. Well in time trials he happend to be in line next to me and he asked me to give him the lane i was in . He told me that he had a eye injury and needed the left lane so i gave it to him. Ok after time trials i had to race him in my first race and i had lane choice and i wanted left lane because i could not get traction at all in the right lane all day, so at the last second he asked me to change lanes with him again and even though i didnt want to i gave it to him again. Well i spun bad off the launch got sideways and had to let off, i wasnt able to run him down and assumed he won but he didnt let off and broke out.The next day he is thier again and after one time trial i found i still couldnt hook up in the right lane so i told him that i hoped i didnt have to race him again because it wasnt safe for me in the right lane. He got pist and said if he didnt get his lane then he would leave. After a few rounds went by i got him to race again and i told him im very sorry but i had lane choice and that i would need the left lane and he threw a **** fit and raised hell. I said this is the wrong sport to be in if you expect for racers to give him thier lane every time and things just went really bad from thier.. i did get my lane in the end . ..Was i wrong for doing this ?? id really like to know what you guys would have done..

Tell him to go pound sand. Competition is just that, if he can't handle it, go home and play with the kids. :moon:

You were out of line giving up the lane in the first place (coming from a LONG time drag racer).. if he whined about it, then he needs to pack his panties and go home to mommy where he should have been in the first place...

RULE 1: never give up your preferred lane if you have earned it... PERIOD...

many races won and lost on this item... points are not awarded for being "nice" :laugh:

Incidentally , I would have been on the race directors tail if a guy admitted to being unable to see the track/lights or whatever due to an eye injury... next thing you know, he is in your lane...

Last edited:
I am not overly familiar with "drag strip etiquette" but I don't think your wrong. It's a bad sport to be in if you can't do it form either lane. You cannot expect everyone to give you what you want so that you can compete. It's just not the way life works. Life ain't fair, now deal with it.

I think you were kind enough giving him the lane twice. But that's just me. I am no expert on the way things work. Just my :2cents:

:laugh: he said that it was bull #%$% that i wanted the left lane that both lanes were the same and that he wasnt spinning lmao , i said ridding this busa is not like ridding that little dirt bike.

:laugh: he said that it was bull #%$% that i wanted the left lane that both lanes were the same and that he wasnt spinning lmao , i said ridding this busa is not like ridding that little dirt bike.
well good, at least you got a good dig in...

Keep in mind that your safety is also foremost.. if you know a lane is slick , you either back it down, dont run or work to get the other lane.. I have pulled maybe 10 cars/bikes out of lanes that the opponent wanted..

a couple get miffed but this is racing and low ET/best RT or closest to dial in gets lane choice, there is a reason for it all :)

So when you see my smiling face in your window... it cant be good :laugh:
Photograph1.jpg

Last edited:
SAME THING FO SHO :clap: ....... FOR ONE, you tried to be nice TWICE(2 more times than i would have):laugh: 2nd IT WAS NOT SAFE FOR YOU TO LEAVE IN THAT LANE. 3rd, why does he need to see next him....he's DRAG RACING....its a straight line last time i checked! and last but not leas, its a competition.......NOT a charity event! GOOD JOB GIRL!!! :cheerleader:

Last edited:
If he is having that much difficulty seeing, he may not need to be racing. I think he is trying to use his handicap to his advantage. Stick to your ground and pick the best one.

I'd guess when the other lane goes slick, the eye problem might even "move" to the other eye as well.

you were awarded lane choice... that means YOU pick what lane you want to race in against your opponent. It's a rule that's prevents the fuss.

I have swapped lanes several times as the other riders request in qualifing rounds. Even taking a lane that traction was a bit more difficult so I could attempt to get a handle on it. It usually came back to reward me when I got stuck with the lane.

tell him to turn his head and use his good eye.. i guess his neck works??? what a douchebag. sometimes it doesn`t pay to be nice to people...unfortunately

oh man all your replys made me laugh!!!!:rofl: if i wanted to be a rag about it i could have made a stink about him riding a bike that didnt have tires that were alowed on the track in the first place... Here is the best part he told me that if i made him take that lane then he was going to take me out. I assumed that he meant like he was going to kick my butt in the race, so i said mabey you will mabey you wont, what he meant was that he was going to run into me, and at that point i wasnt a lady about it anymore , i told him he was about to find out what it felt like to have a country girl whoop his scrawny little butt in front of all his friends .... like i said it got a little ugly lmao. I was tempted to take off his sunglasses and see for myself if he had a bad eye or not lol

oh man all your replys made me laugh!!!!:rofl: if i wanted to be a rag about it i could have made a stink about him riding a bike that didnt have tires that were alowed on the track in the first place... Here is the best part he told me that if i made him take that lane then he was going to take me out. I assumed that he meant like he was going to kick my butt in the race, so i said mabey you will mabey you wont, what he meant was that he was going to run into me, and at that point i wasnt a lady about it anymore , i told him he was about to find out what it felt like to have a country girl whoop his scrawny little butt in front of all his friends .... like i said it got a little ugly lmao. I was tempted to take off his sunglasses and see for myself if he had a bad eye or not lol
You could always make sure he had a bad eye :poke:

You could always make sure he had a bad eye :poke:

i was afraid my husband was going to ruin his other eye, he was about to stomp a mud puddle in him when he heard what he said to me. but even with the drama it was still a great day i turned my quickest time ever on my busa so i was really happy about that!!!

i was afraid my husband was going to ruin his other eye, he was about to stomp a mud puddle in him when he heard what he said to me. but even with the drama it was still a great day i turned my quickest time ever on my busa so i was really happy about that!!!

You were nice..... twice. But when it starts affecting your safety that's enough. He may also been playing a head game.

Next time tell him you have two bad eyes and need the middle lane:whistle:

Congrats on your time... stay safe.

Back