Didn't get pulled over... Whew!

IG.

Registered
Doing 80 - 90 in the left lane of a 3 lane highway, and see a state trooper on the side of the road - in the grass, parked parallel to the highway. My radar detector was quiet. So, I slow down to 60 - 70 as I pass him. Sitting as upright as I can, still in the left lane. See in my mirror he pulled out. Damn! So, I continue at about 55, sitting upright, looking straight, as if nothing is happening. He is catching up to me in the right lane, then switches to the middle and stays about a car length behind me still in the middle lane while I am in the left lane. I can almost sense him typing my plate number in his little computer and checking my record. About 15 sec go by - it's time for me to take the exit to another highway. Now, he will surely pull me over once I switch to another highway. Blinker on, started taking the exit, and the statie continues straight. Whew! What a releif!

So, I enter another highway, gently speed up to a measly 90 - 100 in the left lane. A few sec later I see lights about 1/4 mile back. Damn! What's going on? So, I move to the middle lane and slow down. A few seconds later, an unmarked SUV, lit up, passes in the left lane - probably responding to an emergency. Whew!

I was extra cautious on that ride.

Sounds like you just need to slow down in general. ??? Listen to the warning signs before you get that ticket. :laugh:

Yep....had similar situation happen to me. It will get your attn & make you "pucker" up real quick :laugh:

Maybe you should slow down a bit...unless you are looking for a 'riding award' :laugh:
Posted via Mobile Device

Maybe you should slow down a bit...unless you are looking for a 'riding award' :laugh:
Posted via Mobile Device
Yea, after that first narrow escape, I think I'd a played it cool and not run that fast on the same day. Good for you not gettin caught. Better slow it down a tad, Luck may run out.:thumbsup:

First off, I am not riding to do the speed limit. I might as well stay home. Oh, I was doing 5 below the speed limit for 250 miles a few years back, but that's another story. :rofl:

Second, I don't ride fast continuously - only in light traffic, clear visibility, etc - right place and right time. Other times, I pretty much go slightly faster than the flow of traffic. It may last all of 10 - 15 sec, and then I fall back to 60 - 80.

That was just one of those 10 - 15 sec bursts. And I didn't go any faster because I knew there was one of their hiding places ahead of me. And I usually pass them at normal highway speeds with no issues.

Hey, jphilipson, BA BUSA, and shadetree57, how do you ride? Don't tell me you always ride with the flow of traffic. And yes, I am worried about popo. That 121/50 ticket a couple of years ago is still on my record, and does not add confidence. But, I am being much more conservative since then. I only go into triple digits a handful of times on each ride - maybe once every 5 - 10 min, and I go above 150 only once in a couple of rides. :laugh: And since I glazed my brake pads, I do it even less often. :rofl:

Oh, yeah, not having luck with track days since last year doesn't help either. Had to cancel one after I hit a deer a short time prior, then there was a crazy pothole in the middle of nowhere when I was riding to a track day - bent both reems but didn't lose air and could ride back home, then there was a mechanical problem - another cancel or postponement, then I went down on the highway while riding to the track day - locked the front (glazed pads turned out to be the problem). Hopefully, better times are ahead of me. AND THAT MY FRIENDS, DOES NOT INCLUDE GETTING A SPEEDING TICKET! :laugh:

Last edited:
Hey, jphilipson, how do you ride?

On the highways I ride mostly with the flow of traffic these days.. not to say I don't speed in places where I feel safe from the popo. Now twisty back roads... that's another story :whistle:

But I don't cruise at 100 MPH on the highway.. that is just asking for trouble.

If I feel the need for speed I'll juice it hard, quickly get to adrenalin velocity, and then immediately shut her down, in the belief that sustained high speeds will surely get you caught eventually. I was pursued by a white mini-van once for over 30 miles. I stayed ahead of him by picking my spots and surging to 130, then backing it down. He stayed at a constant 100-110. He caught me crossing a bridge in an easily patrolled area when I saw the bubblegum machine hidden behind the concrete guard rail and he did not. I was doing 65 when the radar hit me, he was still doing 100. He got pulled over, I waved.

Dude, funny reading your story! On Sunday we were finishing our ride with the last straight-away on island. I lit it up and just as I passed 170 theres the cop on the shoulder with his laser right on me. Im obviously not in jail,, so needless to say he didnt catch up. I did clean the doodie outa my panties though. :11zhuh:

Always gotta love those 100mph mini vans with someone that has to play the stalker "victom" driving it~!~ :laugh:

Once, I was following a seemingly regular car - not one of those used for unmarks. He was doing around 90 - 100, and I figured I'll just follow, and he will get caught if anything. About 30 sec later, the car in front of me lit their internal lights for a few seconds - turned out to be some sort of unmarked. Needless to say, I backed off.

Last edited:
Dude, funny reading your story! On Sunday we were finishing our ride with the last straight-away on island. I lit it up and just as I passed 170 theres the cop on the shoulder with his laser right on me. Im obviously not in jail,, so needless to say he didnt catch up. I did clean the doodie outa my panties though. :11zhuh:

Last time I did 170, I made sure I could see 1/2 mile ahead and all was clear. What island are you referring to?

Last edited:
Don't forget those radios. Something like this " Hey Alfa 12, you got a sportbike headed your way at a high rate of speed on highway 9 South if you're not 10-6 " :laugh:

yeah i got caught by a radio when i was 19:rofl: passed a cop on the 15 near barstow at about 170 and he radioed ahead luckily I had slowed down and only got a ticket for 90 in a 70 :whistle: but I learned a good lesson.... radio waves can outrun a gixxer

Last time I did 170, I made sure I could see 1/2 mile ahead and all was clear. What island are you referring to?

Oahu, the cop was hiding on the opposite side of the road behind a concrete barrier. I know how and when to speed.,

Once, I was following a seemingly regular car - not one of those used for unmarks. He was doing around 90 - 100, and I figured I'll just follow, and he will get caught if anything. About 30 sec later, the car in front of me lit their internal lights for a few seconds - turned out to be some sort of unmarked. Needless to say, I backed off.

:laugh:

Talking about someone following you around...and you never can tell around here who's an undercover or just someone admiring~!~ Undercovers run some pretty odd vehicles...even had one in a black Ford F150 pickup with a tool box in the bed. Had someone pulled in the mediun with flip down red and blue lights in his visor~!~

Anyway, back to people following you around...

I had a small SUV (yes cops use them too here) following me last night all the way down the interstate. I was moving about 5 over traffic and the SUV stayed with me for about 10 miles but just far enough back to not be too dramatic.

I could tell it was staying with me, for whatever reason.

After this interstate ride I got off my exit and looked at the tag when it went by.

Apparently it was not an undercover...the tag said

GXXR GRL :laugh:

Back