Whew! That was close!

el stumpo

Registered
I went to the local Zuke stealer to work out how to fix the rear signal lights (the guy I bought my bike from removed the fender and consequently the turn signals!
crazy.gif
)

On the way back, I hit the long sweeping overpass to the interstate. Ahhh. The lane merges with another two lanes coming in before merging into the interstate. One of those lanes ends and the other becomes an exit only.

So I start to judge my options to get from the far right lane to one of the interstate lanes. Traffic around so in 5th gear I give it some gas (just a tad!
wink.gif
) and start to see triple digits on the speedo. Pass by a few cars to get clear sailing and start to think how much fun this busa is. Road is wide open in front of me.

Up on the left hand side of the interstate, I see a car on the side of the road. Oooops! Not taking any chances, jump on the brakes bring her down to 70mph. WHat is the speed limit on this stretch anyway? Don't know. Sheet. Get closer real quick and .... State Trooper! YIKES! Bring her down to 65, I know the speed limit is 60 or 65 so I should be ok. And my blinkers don't work in the back!

Keep an eye out on the rear view mirror as a truck passes me on the left. I look down, see 60mph and pick it back up to 65. About 1/4 mile away, I see blue flashing lights. YIKES!
crazy.gif
Here he comes up behind a few cars! I calmly keep moving along my exit just ahead. thinking of excuses and maybe he owns one too.

My exit comes up, he's somewhere back there. I take the exit and start the ride home. He pulled over someone. Not sure who. I want to drive back, but curiosity killed the proverbial cat. Forget that. Made it back home with a smile.

cool.gif

crazy.gif

(Mike.P175 @ Aug. 11 2007,18:32) Gut feelings will save you ever time
beerchug.gif
Yes. I'm glad I listened to my (big) gut. With the heat, there have been a few cars on the side of the road broke down. Just thought, better safe than sorry, although when I saw the blue lights, I was worried for sec
tounge.gif

don't you just hate that feeling. glad to hear it wasn't you. maybe a warning bro

Speeding ticket- expensive.

Reckless driving ticket- horribly expensive.

Jail and confiscated bike for 100MPH+- horrible and expensive beyond contemplation.

Good sense of situational awareness?

Priceless...
biggrin.gif

Back