almost got run off the road

kkattan

Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys, well this happened a while back but here the situation:

i am driving fast and their is very haffic traffic on the interstate. i decide to get in the right most lane which is actually a merge in lane for traffic coming into the highway, so i use it to by pass all the cars.. traffic is going about 35 mph. i speed up to around 60mph.. then as the merge lane ends.. i try to get back into the lane and a car speeds up and blocks me from getting into the lane and forces me to drive into the break down lane.. i speed up and find an opening later to get back into the lane.

i was surprised that the car seemed to have no care for my life.. maybe he thought no big deal or teach him a lesson.. but the break down lane isnt exactly the safest place to be driving.. i had to speed up to about 75 mph.. ofcouse i should probably slowed down and then later merged in.. but i was little angry... so i speed up.. maybe i am overreacting.. but i felt like he put my life in jeopardy... a horn would of been good enough.. and also i understand if you dont want to allow a car back in to the merge. .but a bike? this isnt the first time this happened. once i was driving a car and two 18 wheeler were holding up traffic going about 35 mph.. i got in the break down lane and started to pass. the 18 wheeler started merging into the breakdown lane, yet i continued to speed up and about half way into the grass... passed him up then got over..
maybe i am overreacting but why do people do this!! i understand you might be upset but you are endangering someones life!
the 18 wheeler story.. has happened to my twice.. once in Tennessee about 10 years ago and once in New York about 1 year ago.. i doubt its the same trucker :-)
whats your thoughts? has this happened to you?

just some jurk that didn't want someone else in front of them.
mad.gif
I'm glad nothing bad came out of this.

It can be hard but sometimes the safest way is to slow down and wait for a better opportunity.  We all know that the are motorists that don't want anyone to pass them and will block bikes/cars if they can, so we have to watch for them and have a plan B when they try to block.

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1134357922 -->

It can be hard but sometimes the safest way is to slow down and wait for a better opportunity.  We all know that the are motorists that don't want anyone to pass them and will block bikes/cars if they can, so we have to watch for them and have a plan B when they try to block.
+1 what he said.

I never trust motorists to either see me or do the right thing, then when they do I am pleasantly surprised
slider1.gif

In both scenarios the drivers were very rude to you. Really do have to have a plan B and even C.
Another thought, what if everyone tried to jump ahead using the merge lane? Things would just back up even more. Sometimes it is just best to wait your turn. We have to remember the rules of the road. Vehicles in front have the right of way even if they are puttin along holding up traffic and break down lanes are not for passing.
I am VERY glad you are O.K. and NOTHING bad and final happened to you. Please don't take this as me coming down on you.
Stay safe and ride another day, Bro.

In both scenarios the drivers were very rude to you. Really do have to have a plan B and even C.
Another thought, what if everyone tried to jump ahead using the merge lane? Things would just back up even more. Sometimes it is just best to wait your turn. We have to remember the rules of the road. Vehicles in front have the right of way even if they are puttin along holding up traffic and break down lanes are not for passing.
I am VERY glad you are O.K. and NOTHING bad and final happened to you. Please don't take this as me coming down on you.
Stay safe and ride another day, Bro.
+ 1

My thought's exactly as I read this.

I'm glad we can lane share here, even so I don't do it at 30 over the flow of traffic.

Glad to hear you're ok...
Remember cars are out to kill you.. they don't care and will never understand.

Back