Cage "playing" with bike

BusaWhipped

Donating Member
Registered
Maybe I'm over-reacting, but here is the scenario.

I'm on the ramp merging onto a somewhat busy highway. The ramp is 2 lanes, the left lane merges, then there is a few hundred feet for the right lane to merge. The traffic on the ramp was all in the left lane, so I was taking advantage of the empty right lane. As I'm getting to pass the front car left lane the car starts moving into the right lane. I have to brake so I don't run into the car.

He started moving back into the left lane again, and I noticed its the guy that sits in the cube next to me at work. I start to go around him on the right a second time. He starts moving the car right again. Just getting the tires to the paint. I dropped 2 gears and left him to have his fun and games.

I waited for him in the parking lot when I got back to the office and threw my CF knuckled glove at his car as he rolled past me and started to the spot where he parted. He got out mad because I threw my glove at his cage. i was already steaming from him playing games on the highway. He didn't understand why I was so mad. His explanation was, "I only came over a little, its not like I ran you off the road. I saw you in my mirror the whole time"

He did end up apologizing. I am still steaming under the collar. Am I over-reacting because its someone I know? I've had close calls thanthis, of course I've handed a few out on the highway too (one of the reasons for the CF knickles in the gloves).

Hell no you didnt over react...I dont know if I would have thrown the gloves but jumping down his throat would deff be in order. We have enough to watch for on the road without some a$$clown playing dumb games.

....just school him on his ways. He said he saw you but let him know what could have happened if you didn't see him!?
rock.gif

....it's all fun and games until somebody gets CF knuckles on their cage side mirror....

See,that's the problem when people fool around. What he thinks is play could be death for you!
You have every reason to be pizzed at him but he did say he was sorry so I'd let him off the hook now.....

Go rent a 24ft Ryder truck and do the same thing to him so he knows what it feels like.

You did the right thing and good of you not to let it escalate into a physical thing. He obviously had no motorcycle experience. I have a police telescoping baton that I used to carry with me but decided that it would just be too tempting to use it on some inattentive cager so I don't ride with it anymore.

!!!

<!--EDIT|BUSA-MAN 24-7
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151697354 -->

I would have let him taste the CF knuckles but only once, then tell him I only hit you once, it is not like I knocked your teeth out or anything. Maybe the analogy would wake him up, if not the knuckles would.

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Don

mad.gif

mad.gif

Too many people have found out the hard way that when you play around like that things can go very wrong. You know, it's all fun and games until someone winds up in the hospital.
I believe the problem with your coworker is that he doesn't understand our plight in coexisting with four legged vehicles. Hopefully the glove will get the point accross to him. At least he apologized, most people would flip you off or blame you for the whole incident. Lesson learned, who knows maybe he will be a little more understanding to bikes while driving.
I say good job teacher...

I'd have stomped his ass!
Was at a light last week, it changed and was moving and a car got right on my ass. Maybe 1/2 mile up the road hit another light. Car pulled into the right lane and I was set to get off and see wtf the problem was and it was a teenage girl on a fricken cell phone. I evileyed her and went on.

Back