drag racers what would you have done??

You tell him, get the f... away from me and if he persist, go get a track official in-fact tell them he may have a control issue because of his eye and you don't care to race against him,if it's a real issue-maybe the safety of your co-competitors also? They take safety seriously at my track and wouldn't tolerate it especially threats of intentionally or unintentionally taking you out because he can't handle/control his shiz, the place is for enjoyment, not problems, it's not up to you to correct his inabilities, thats what the officials are for.

8-4-07 029.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if both of his eyes are just fine.. Maybe he knew the right lane was slick.

Im sorry but you are too nice. If it were me, I would have given it to him the first time, but after that, thats all hes getting. But THEN, after he said he would take me out, if i were you, or if i were your husband, I woulda paved the track with his face. Maybe it woulda improved the traction on that right lane!

JBG-Don't ever give up nothin' you've rightfully earned in a skills contest mainly dominated males,whatever it maybe. Had the shoe been on the other foot, you will find few gentlemen,if any at all. Mr.Bogus hit every point and then some, your safety should be priority #1. :rulez: Keep up the good work at the drags and many safe passes 2ya:thumbsup: You & any lady who can manage a 450+lb,170hp+ bullet of the line and down the strip has my total respect-YOU EARNED IT:bowdown::bowdown:

When you get lang choice, you take the lane that works for you.

JBG-Don't ever give up nothin' you've rightfully earned in a skills contest mainly dominated males,whatever it maybe. Had the shoe been on the other foot, you will find few gentlemen,if any at all. Mr.Bogus hit every point and then some, your safety should be priority #1. :rulez: Keep up the good work at the drags and many safe passes 2ya:thumbsup: You & any lady who can manage a 450+lb,170hp+ bullet of the line and down the strip has my total respect-YOU EARNED IT:bowdown::bowdown:

thank you that really meant alot to me!!! and all of you that posted replys thanks for your support it really made me laugh to read your responses, im proud to be one of you and ride the K I N G !!!!

You were out of line giving up the lane in the first place (coming from a LONG time drag racer).. if he whined about it, then he needs to pack his panties and go home to mommy where he should have been in the first place...

RULE 1: never give up your preferred lane if you have earned it... PERIOD...

many races won and lost on this item... points are not awarded for being "nice" :laugh:

Incidentally , I would have been on the race directors tail if a guy admitted to being unable to see the track/lights or whatever due to an eye injury... next thing you know, he is in your lane...

+1000 he may have been full of crap also an didn't want the lane for the same reason as you.

I would have told the highest level track official immediately when he issued that threat. Hopefully your husband got right in his face and "explained" what would happen to him if he even got close to you on the strip. Was he some 17 year old kid?

I used to have a funny car and can just imagine what my reaction would have been-I would have decked him on the spot. Anyway, it's harder keeping a Busa straight than a AA/FC that's set up right. All you gotta do is hang on!

THREATENED You? This would be about the the time you needed to find out if he was wearing a cup or not! That guy needs to find another sport before he runs up against someone not as nice as you about it. You don't EVER threaten another rider, just like you don't ever threaten another jumper - quick way to find out if your reserve parachute works (or not)...

Bogus nailed it on the first page... you were too nice, next time someone threatens you turn your bike off and walk directly to the official. You wont have any more issues with the person, particularly if you have a witness to the threat :beerchug:

Then again, you could just knock his head off at the line, that immediate result will certainly get all the attention you want/need from all of the officials :laugh:

Keep up the good work, the track can be a ton of fun and way more drama :whistle:

Last edited:
You were not wrong. If he really could not see that well in the right lae he should not be racing at all. It tells me if you were (or he was) floating to the middle he would not see it.

I would have told the highest level track official immediately when he issued that threat.
If a racer came to us complaining about a threat it would be a problem.. here is a short reason..

I have for instance one racer that weekly waxes the competition at the tree, the kid is 19 and is deadly..

I have so far in the last 10 or 12 weeks had maybe 5 or 6 accusations against this kid for running delay boxes in the class, being high on drugs, or drinking at the track.. Problem? all came from defeated opponents..

I have watched the guy in the car and no delay boxes (tech has verified this as well), never sensed any drugs or smelled any booze on him, in or around the car..

It may seem like the track is doing nothing but the fact is, without evidence (in your case video tape or collaboration from other non-involved parties) there really is not much that can happen unless of course this is not the first time someone has complained about him...

Solution? "Hubby, shorten his nose please" (and dont be seen) :laugh:

yes i am do i know you?

About 2 weeks ago I was talking to your husband in the parking lot at Thrifty White. He was sitting on his ZX-10 talking to me when you came out of the store. I work for Spee-Dee Delivery and my white truck was parked by Thrifty White's back door. Remember, I told you I have a ZX-14 with a slick and bars and I had planned on running in Jamestown, but I ended up going to Sabin instead? Does any of this ring a bell?

Back