remember how fast?

fstbusa

orange peel is caused by excessive speed
Donating Member
Registered
remember the post that asked how much over or how fast you would have to be going to outrun a police officer.

well I may have just found that out. It started to rain where I was riding so I was BUZZING home on the interstate just as I got outta the rain I popped over a hill and wasn't paying attention and met a state trooper. I was going 30 over at the time.
wow.gif
I saw him exit and I stomped on the brakes to turn around in the median and go back the other way but noticed the median full of water... and figured thats why he exited instead of turning around in the median so I dropped 2 gears and blasted forward figuring he had to get exited and go back under the interstate and merge back on before he would be in persuit. I blasted up to a quick 165
wow.gif
and held it for 2 miles until the next exit. This was the fastest I"ve ever had the busa. I know this road like the back of my hand and there wasn't but a few cars on the road. I quickly exited and instead of heading into town where the stoplights would have held me up I turned the opposite way and went out of town on the 2 lane roads and took the back roads into town and took all the city streets back home. This had to be one of the stupidest & most dangerous things I've done. I realize now how people get killed when running. The adrenaline starts flowing and the wrist keeps twisting and people die real quick. Lesson learned. No matter what the circumstance... DON'T SPEED!!!
umnik.gif

wow.gif

Glad you are ok. I don't think I will be worrying about that anytime soon.

Good thing you got off of the interstate. Those are pretty much guaranteed to get you if you run. Glad you now know that its not a good idea to do so, to damned easy to do something stupid

Knock, Knock....
Who is it???
This is the state police. Fstbusa??? Were you travling west bound on I-84 last night between 7:30 and 7:45 at a high rate of speed?
rock.gif

It shows in our records that you have a motorcycle regestred to you that fits a certian description we heard on the radio last night. Can we see it please???
Place your hands behind your back!
The rest is up to you...

Watch out for those words. LOL:laugh:

J/K

Glad you are here to tell us about it. lol

your home no ticket no jail whats the problem!you own a bike that makes you brake the law on a daily basis.(at least i does me)you did what you had to do to speed another day.dont sweat it it gets easier to do.congrats on the clean get away!!

Definitely glad you made it to tell us about it. I know at times it might be tempting to try and outrun the long arm of the law, but I don't think I would try.

Lesson learned.  No matter what the circumstance... DON'T SPEED!!!  
umnik.gif
Let me get this straight. You are posting on a board dedicated
to the fastest freakin' bike on the planet. Somewhere that
98% of your audience owns one of the 10 fastest land bound
means of transportation. A motorcycle that will obliterate
every known speed limit....in FIRST gear! And you tell us/them
NOT to speed???

laugh.gif

rock.gif

biggrin.gif

cool.gif

pirate.gif
 Raider

Man sounds nerve racking....on dry asphalt better yet with rain.
Dude I would have pulled onto the shoulder and waited for ole
smokey to come back and curse me out in backwoods southern
good ole boy english. NOT!!!!!! Sorry woulda done the same,
glad you were in familiar territory and ya got home safely.

well the rain had stopped about a mile back and hadn't gotten to the area I met the law. THe roads were dry although my tires may have been damp... I'm just glad I lived to see another day and hopefully I won't have to pull a stunt like that again.

Back