Coming to Laconia?  Using I-91 in VT?

mudnuri

Registered
For those of you coming up to Laconia this week/weekend who will be traveling on I-91 throught VT....here's a bit of info for ya.

When your heading back- south on I-91, there is major paving going on between exit 5 (Westminster) and exit 4 (Putney)...3/4 of the road will be scarified...the other 1/4 might be paved....the big machine that chews up the old pavement broke down...they're behind etc.... anyway...John and I brought his 'busa down to the dealer last week, and went on 91....he almost lost all of his fillings on the scarified pavement!

Get off at exit 5, head south on US Route 5, and get back on at exit 4....when you get off exit 5, take a left....follow off-ramp road, take right....thats US Route 5....It'll take ya bout 20 minutes, instead of 45 on the scarified...

Plus- new law just went into effect. double fines for work zones- 24/7 not just when they're working, and I believe the speed limits 45 during that zone- 12.7 miles or so...

Anyway- if your coming up, have fun, drive safe.....We wont be going, as it's graduation/alumni weekend here, and it's my 10th reunion...yes, I'm getting old!

Brandy

I'm not going either but wanted to say your top notch for letting others know!
blush.gif

well, John thought for sure every bolt was gonna come lose on his busa when he was on it...and Im glad I was in my Envoy!...

Hopefully this will help someone out....it's NASTY ridin on that stretch...

Brandy

Back