How can I get this kat to race me?

NightCrawler

Love all. Trust a few. Do wrong to none.
Donating Member
Registered
A bit over a year ago a co-worker of mine bought a R1 Raven. He came to work bragging on how fast and powerful it was. Me hearing this, I asked him if he wanted to test it out against my Busa. He said -no- because I have a clear advantage with 300cc's more.

Kool ... I left it alone.

A bit after that he had an Akropovic pipe installed. Again he came to work bragging about how he can barely keep the front wheel down. Again I asked him if he wanted to test it, again he declined, and again I left it at that.

Then one day he changed his gearing and had Velocity stacks installed about 2 weeks later. After each of those mods he came back saying how much of a beast the Raven had become but still shot me down when I asked him to test it against me.

Mind you, the only performance mod I have is Brock's Hindle with PC.

All this happened back in mid '06.

Now a few months ago he came to me saying he took out a piped ZX-14 and a Busa with NoS at the same time. They rolled at about 20mph and gunned it. The other 2 bikes were nowhere to be seen. He said his speedometer read 189mph when he let off and the 2 bikes were WAAAY behind him.

Of course me hearing this I again asked him to race me. He looked me square in the face and says ... "You ain't ready for me."

wtf.gif

Instantly I reminded him of how many times I challenged him and he declined. Now all of a sudden I'm not ready for HIM? By this time I had grown out of street racing and told him to meet me at my local track. Since he is so darn cocky, I made a wager with him. We'll run 7 races at $10 a race.

Weekend 1 - He had to work.
Weekend 2 - He had a family reunion in Georgia (we're in Miami, Fl.)
Weekend 3 - His girlfriend was in the hospital

Seeing a pattern of excuses I told him if he meets me there I'll pay the $20 racing fee for him ... still a no go. I then told him if I beat him, even by one race, I'll give him back the money he lost IF he can run a 6.899 or better (1/8th). He didn't bite.

I'm anxiuos to race this guy because I once thought I was fast. Then I went to the track and ran a 7.1 in the 1/8th. My best to date is a 6.8. I now see I'm nowhere NEAR as fast as I thought I was. THIS is the point I want to prove to him. I want to show him he's not as fast as he thinks he is which is why I want him to meet me at the track. Us racing in the street and me beating him is one thing. He'll still think he's fast, he'll just look at it as if I'm simply faster. A timeslip would be the perfect tool to show him how slow he really is.

How can I possibly get this guy to meet me at the track?

Don't bother.

When you do win, there'll be more excuses - I didn't have it dialed in, old tires, bad track, maybe even headache. Who knows....

With ppl like this, you just can't win...

He will get the stones to try you once you keep badgering him.
Next time he comes in with a story tell him you raced a jet last
night and won.

Well..... not sure on how to get him to race you but I can attest to not being able to keep the front end down. I just sold my R1 with Akro pipes, PC, stacks, sprockets and if I was not leaning all the way up on the front it just wanted to see daylight.

Waiting on my 08 busa now.....
beerchug.gif

Well..... not sure on how to get him to race you but I can attest to not being able to keep the front end down.  I just sold my R1 with Akro pipes, PC, stacks, sprockets and if I was not leaning all the way up on the front it just wanted to see daylight.  

Waiting on my 08 busa now.....
beerchug.gif
I can believe that. With the power to weight ratio the liter bikes are coming out with, I'd imagine a -stock- one would bring the wheel up rather easily.

Be the bigger man and let it die , The death it belongs.

Busa triumphs aren't planned ............

They just happen naturally..., like evoloution and Darwinism.......

There is a certain satisfaction of just knowing you can beat there silly azz without the actual race.. let him have his little world (he knows the truth anyway) and ride on.... (it is an art form to keep a busa pinned down too, professor has this down pretty darn good)

Bike for bike, he might have you in a race. Are your weights the same? I don't know how some of the ppl on here say they beat a liter bike with a stock or basic modded busa. I had 166rwhp with some bolt-ons against my brothers stock 06 GSXR 1k. Granted I have 70 more pounds on him, he beat me everytime by 1.5 bike lengths and this was with clutchless shifting. We must have raced 10+ times on different occasions, and the same outcome. I had to go turbo to finally put him down. Just adding my 2 cents. Riders being equal, I don't think the busa can win.

Bike for bike, he might have you in a race.  Are your weights the same?  I don't know how some of the ppl on here say they beat a liter bike with a stock or basic modded busa.  I had 166rwhp with some bolt-ons against my brothers stock 06 GSXR 1k.  Granted I have 70 more pounds on him, he beat me everytime by 1.5 bike lengths and this was with clutchless shifting.  We must have raced 10+ times on different occasions, and the same outcome.  I had to go turbo to finally put him down.  Just adding my 2 cents.  Riders being equal, I don't think the busa can win.
He has about 50lbs on me. My 160 to his 210. I'm sure his bike is faster than mine, but I'm counting on the fact that he isn't as good of a rider as I am. I'm not saying I should be challenging Gadson, I'm just saying he is the type of guy who yaps all the time. I think he has gone around and told everyone how fast his bike is so much that he's afraid of losing to me and getting heckled by those he has bragged to.

On a sidenote, I raced a piped K6 when my bike was stock. We raced twice. the first time we lined up and he said GO out loud. I took off and never saw him. He told me he gave up when he kicked it into 3rd and saw I kept walking on him.

The second race I told him to go and when I see him move, I'll go. He did just that and obviously got the jump on me ... but only for the first 20 feet. From that point on that race wound up being like the first.

This guy also had me by 50 or so lbs.

My thing is I love racing bikes and people who are faster than me. That's the only way I'll get any better and the only way to see just what me and my bike are capable of.

Like I said, I left him alone for nearly a year. I only began bugging him on a constant basis when he told me he beat a piped 14 and a spraying Busa. Either he is lying or he has an extremely fast bike. Either way, I want to find out first hand which one is it.

My bro and I swapped bikes once and raced, and he pulled me when he was on my bike. I love racing too, especially when guys talk out their rear. I definetly want you to shut him up, just don't underestimate him. Happy hunting.

start leaving notes on his desk...post everywhere with sign up sheets for office pool...get everyone involved...make it...a company outting. lol

And you're wasting your time...WHY
rock.gif
........because "your" ego wants to trash "his" ego......

Like you already don't own and ride the "Alpha Male Moto" of the century already
rock.gif
?.......Oh PUHLEEEZE..........this guy ain't worth the fuel......Now "everyone" repeat after me.....this guy is a "LAY-HOO-SUH-HERRRRRRRRRRR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Enough already....let it go....he's a loser.

rock.gif

You could take him on or leave it alone.I would like to shut people up all time and prove me or my bike are better, but it's like all the people that signal you to wheelie when you ride by.Hmmm?? Do I do it or not? Nothing good comes from this stuff.Why do it if you know the outcome. If you do it make sure it is in a controlled envoriment and be safe. Gear for both of you. If he is not fully geared up I would leave it alone.

I applaud you for moving it to the track, 'cause that's where it belongs. And the only reason why he keeps it up is because he knows he can't take you. So he has to compensate by telling you about his "victories."

I have a friend who's always telling me about the "big" horsepower from his Triple Speed and Texas Chopper. So I just respond that, with those bikes, I wouldn't even need to get it out of second gear to smoke him (joking, of course) ... but somehow that seems to stop the conversation like a train wreck
laugh.gif

My tack would be to express extreme disbelief every time he boasts.

"I beat a Busa spraying NOS."

"Nah. Never happened."
"I don't believe you."
"Your bike can't hang, even with a stock Busa."

----------------

"I beat a 14 the other day."

"Nope. A 14 has way more balls than your ride."
"Not even remotely possible."
"Never gonna happen."

-----------------

No arguing, no race challenges, just flat out denials.

Of course, as Whitele said, even if he decides to pound pavement with ya, you're going to get another raft of excuses even more vehement than before.

--Wag--

Back