You too, can look this good!

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
This is a photo of my friend Greg whom I met last year at the track. When I met Greg, he was the typical busa rider, as slow as molasses, early on the brakes and late on the throttle with terrible form. This summer Greg attended two school days with "Sullivanraceschool.com" and I worked with him individually at three or four other track days. The results shows in this photo. Greg has developed great form and looks like a million bucks on his prized busa.

I just finished two track days in Spokane with Greg and MJN (Mark). We had a blast. Greg was riding exceptionally well, spanking that big girl like a three dollar prostitute. I am extremely proud of this young man, coming so far in just one season of track days. He is definately a junky!

Greg left his busa overnight in our pit and I had guys stopping by asking who is riding that white busa and commenting on how fast he was on such a big bike.

He is on street tires (Dunlop Qualifiers 30# both ends) He was on PP's when I met him and it took a sears crowbar to pry him off those things. Now he's in love with the Q's and the PP's are a faded memory. After he crashed twice on the PP's I convinced him if he wanted to go fast he needed more forgiving tires.

Greg is a great guy with obvious talent that didn't take much coaching to bring out. Way to go GregBob! :thumbsup:

GregBob1.jpg

LQQKING GQQD!

heh... more crashes on PP's... simply more realistic fuel for that fire. Yet people STILL buy them

I don't think I've ever see a Busa that leaned over. Good thing he doesn't have sliders.

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:beerchug:

I don't think I've ever see a Busa that leaned over. Good thing he doesn't have sliders.

:rofl:
Apparently, you haven't seen ANY of Charlesbusa's recent trackday threads/pics. Use the search function and you'll find AMAZING BUSA LEAN ANGLES AND SPEED!!

Oh yeah Tuf! Greg looks amazing. Nice BP and awareness of center of gravity. Looks like a very impressive rider. :bowdown::beerchug:

Tuf, you coming out to Miller Motorsports park again next summer? Is so, I'll make it a point to join ya, as long as the "West Coast Busa Trackday Junkie invades Barber Motorsports Park experience" next year don't completely drain my wallet. We need to make the West Coast Trackday Junkie alliance BIGGER! :beerchug:

Actually Busa's will lean way farther over.

I forgot who it was but one of our members awhile back scraped his fairing on a corner.

And I wanted to add that in no way was meant to take anything away from the pic above, the pic above is without a doubt a good lean, I just wanted to express that as far as Busa's go people are often amazed at what they can do in corners

Tuf, you coming out to Miller Motorsports park again next summer? Is so, I'll make it a point to join ya, as long as the "West Coast Busa Trackday Junkie invades Barber Motorsports Park experience" next year don't completely drain my wallet. We need to make the West Coast Trackday Junkie alliance BIGGER! :beerchug:

I'm sure we will make that trip to Miller early in the season. I'm not to crazy about miller when it's so blazing hot. I'd love to hook up with you, Rich, Charles and anyone else from your neck of the woods. Would be a great time.

I don't think Greg will be in competition with Charles. I am just happy to see him make such great progress in one season. Greg is getting better and better with every track day. His form is just letter perfect!

"Barber or Bust" you better fatten up that wallet of your's :laugh:

So this is the guy you were telling me about on the fone on monday huh? He does look good. He's got a great teacher. BTW, you couldn't give me a free set of those PP's

Looks good, but there's one or two, or ........................ that lean a little on here. I saw one pic with the dude dragging hand instead of knee :poke:

"See", I like seeing commitment like that in his form, wrists square, knee forward and down, head low and forward.....some of the spuds I've ridden with just roll through turns, and yet I'm a set-up guy. Roll throttle, toe on the inside peg, revs high, hips inside, MAN I LOVE SEEING FOLKS THAT CAN RIDE A BUSA, IN ACTION !!! AWESOME !!! :super:

So this is the guy you were telling me about on the fone on monday huh? He does look good. He's got a great teacher. BTW, you couldn't give me a free set of those PP's

Yep, that's GregBob. He has been one of those exceptional busa guys that seems to catch on quickly to things that take the rest of us extended time. The typical student I come across has bad habits they just can't seem to break. You explain things, then show them what they should do rather than what they are doing and after working with them for half a day on one bad habit, as soon as you let them out to practice without you watching, you'll find them right back in the grip of their old habit. Not Greg! When I'm chatting with Greg about improving something, he looks me square in the eye and I can tell by the intensity of his gaze, he is soaking up every detail. I love working with guys who are on a mission to learn. My only fear is pretty quick I won't be able to keep up! :please:

I find so many die hard michelin (Street Riders) men have to crash a second time before they are willing to give up their infamous PP's. Not that one can't crash on any tire, it just seems Michelins are a crash magnet.

By the way, Greg did his first track day on a Goldwing and hated it. Thought everyone on a sport bike was insane. Bought himself a busa and fell in love. Still has his goldwing, just retired her from the track. :beerchug:

Maybe we can get Greg to become a member on the .org?

Back