No racing

You know, I never thought about it but Mustangs seem to all be a little short in the reality dept. I have been declined by more true sports cars but never a Mustang? They must read Ford's Hype and belive it!

Geezzzzz, I feel bad and left out  
down.gif
. Everybody out here drives pickups or farm/ranch vehicles  
wink.gif
, and racing a combine isn't much fun
laugh.gif
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

I've had my busa since 2003.  almsot 30k on the odo now.  It's COMPLETELY factory stock except frame sliders, heli-bars, and, yes I removed the side reflectors [which helps me on top speed runs].  Not one... I repeat  NOT ONE offer to race me in or on ANY vehicle.  Now I will never be the "street racer" idiot that puts anyone in harms way on public roads EVER but it would be nice for someone to pull up and wanna lay it down on the interstate, at a stop light or SOMETHING....   I guess it is like if you were really handsome but nobody ever TOLD you that, you would start getting a complex.  I might have to go out and start pecking fights.

At lunch yesterday, I met another guy that is into fast cars and owns a viper.  As he was talking about all the morons that pull up next to him and rev the engine, an idea formed in me head.  I asked him if he got a lot a racing action in it and he said yeah quite a bit, usually on the interstate.  So then I asked if he wanted to go play with me out in the out back.  I said we could film it and have some fun.  He knows what my bike is, and that it's factory stock... smiled and respectfully declined saying he'd hate to post a loss like that on his Viper board.  I laughed and said we can film 4 runs:  2 with me winning for my board and 2 with you winning for yours, he laughed but still declined.  He told me he'd squarshed a Honda 959 or something, but he won't roll with a Busa.  I think it would be cool.  Maybe someday I'll meet him on the street and get to rev my engine....

In the meantime, I'm starting to have ego problems!  I'M UGLY AND NO BODY RACES ME!!!!!
hmmmm.....odd eh?...and here my oldest daughter is about to turn 15 and get her Florida restricted DL and concerned that she hasn't saved much $$$ for her first cage...and here I was thinking that I'd just head on down to our local "Ricer Night" and pick out the youngest lad with the largest mouth and girlyfriend in tow and offer to race'im for pinks...in front of all his friends...and then "That" would become my oldest daughters new car she can't afford.
laugh.gif

and I'm thinking she'd look good in a slammed black civic with a kickazz sound system.
tounge.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
Yes it would be nice until you line up and that slammed back ride with load system opens a hood with a twin turbo 6 and nitro and a trailer hitch hooked to the back so he can take your bike home after he hands you your arse cause his daddy just put tengrand worth of motor and go fast goodies in there so he can brag and advertise is business....Man you just never know . Something I learned a long time ago .. There is always someone faster then you and my pink slip aint worth it..All it takes is one missed shift or oil spot and BAM you are walking home ..Ill race for money or Bragging rights.Not for my ride..

Only time anyone gave me the blip at a red light was when I was on my Ducati Monster. Guy in a brandy-new 350Z, and I thought "You gotta be kidding me." Now, the Monster isn't quick, but it has enough low-end torque to hang with all but the best of them (cars, that is) off the line. After I hit second, he was gone until about 80-85, when I decided that was enough embarrassment, and fast enough for me on that particular road. Of course, he then blew by, and I just laughed to myself.

After reading the above posts, I am reminded of an incident last year. I hardly get challenged, but this is a story of one of the rare times I did.

It was about 7pm, warmed up the bike and pulled out of my housing development on to a local county road (single lane at this point). A small import car comes up on my rear very fast, and I can hear him pushing in the clutch and reving his engine. Well this single lane turns into a double lane in about 2/3's of a mile where there is a stoplight. Whil approaching the light I pull into the right lane, and the orange import car pulls into the left lane. We had just caught a red light and this is a long light. The tinted windows roll down, and I look over and see 2 younger guys slouched back in their seats. The driver made no eye contact with me and he was watching the light and reving his engine.

The passenger finally looked over at me...stared at me for a few seconds and his look of "Im cool cause Im rolling with my buddy in his fast car" turned into a different look - sorta went from Im cool to hmm, what is this guy riding and what is my buddy gonna race. When I seen him look at my bike I think he noticed the Hayabusa Symbol...not sure thought...so I gave the Engine a good 10,000 rpm rev and held it for about 2 seconds. Now Im realizing the light is gona change in about 20 seconds or so, and figgure Im going to have to launch easy because of the dip in the road in the intersection. Well, the passenger elbows the driver who is reving the engine, and his buddy gives a head nod to take a good look at the bike he was gona race (atleast this is what I figgure is going on).

The driver looked at the Busa and decided to stop reving his engine. The light turned green and we both slowly take off....after we crossed the intersection, I pull the clutch in and hit the revs again to say "Bring it"...well the tinted windows roll up, no further challenge, and blinker goes on and the challenging import car decides to take a left and forget about his attempt to race the Busa. Anyhow, I thought it was a little funny how the passenger made the driver aware that this is one challenge a little to big for the little import car with non-stop reving enginge to follow through with.

wink.gif

some idiot was trying to run with me in one of those jap-crap wanna-be race cars, an infinity, i believe it was.
well coming to a little rise i noticed cars stopped, so im on the brakes.
being lower to the ground, he couldnt see over the rise, and kept going. he skidded to a halt, nearly slamming into the cars.
i was lidless that day, so i was able to holler at him "you f-king idiot"!
problem is, some cagers we passed prolly woulda called the cops and said we were racing, thus causing the accident.

How can a Hayabusa rider call import cars "Jap-crap" - umm.....last time I looked Hayabusa is made in Japan....lol....is it the lack of 4-wheels that makes our suff non-crap
rock.gif

I've had my busa since 2003.  almsot 30k on the odo now.  It's COMPLETELY factory stock except frame sliders, heli-bars, and, yes I removed the side reflectors [which helps me on top speed runs].  Not one... I repeat  NOT ONE offer to race me in or on ANY vehicle.  Now I will never be the "street racer" idiot that puts anyone in harms way on public roads EVER but it would be nice for someone to pull up and wanna lay it down on the interstate, at a stop light or SOMETHING....   I guess it is like if you were really handsome but nobody ever TOLD you that, you would start getting a complex.  I might have to go out and start pecking fights.

At lunch yesterday, I met another guy that is into fast cars and owns a viper.  As he was talking about all the morons that pull up next to him and rev the engine, an idea formed in me head.  I asked him if he got a lot a racing action in it and he said yeah quite a bit, usually on the interstate.  So then I asked if he wanted to go play with me out in the out back.  I said we could film it and have some fun.  He knows what my bike is, and that it's factory stock... smiled and respectfully declined saying he'd hate to post a loss like that on his Viper board.  I laughed and said we can film 4 runs:  2 with me winning for my board and 2 with you winning for yours, he laughed but still declined.  He told me he'd squarshed a Honda 959 or something, but he won't roll with a Busa.  I think it would be cool.  Maybe someday I'll meet him on the street and get to rev my engine....

In the meantime, I'm starting to have ego problems!  I'M UGLY AND NO BODY RACES ME!!!!!
hmmmm.....odd eh?...and here my oldest daughter is about to turn 15 and get her Florida restricted DL and concerned that she hasn't saved much $$$ for her first cage...and here I was thinking that I'd just head on down to our local "Ricer Night" and pick out the youngest lad with the largest mouth and girlyfriend in tow and offer to race'im for pinks...in front of all his friends...and then "That" would become my oldest daughters new car she can't afford.
laugh.gif

and I'm thinking she'd look good in a slammed black civic with a kickazz sound system.
tounge.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
LMAO.....thats great Jinks. Just let me know when you are gonna do it because with me knowing EXACTLY how your bike is tuned and what it's capable of I want to bet on you on the sidelines. Thats some easy action. lol

I tell ya what would help you man. I must live in the land of fugtards. Come up here for a while you will get to stomp as many kids as you want. They all seen the fast and the furious one too many times around here. Lets see heres some of my raced lists...

1.) Honda freaking civic - demolished
2.) Pontiac Grand am - (WTF) demolished
3.) Corvette C6 - (courtesy of old man in midlife) demolished
4.) Mustang Cobra 2000 - (gotta love them 20 year olds) demolished
5.) Dodge Viper - After instigating on the highway on my part declined to race (smart man)
6.) Several Trans AMs - demolished
7.) 1969 Dodge Charger that was track ready - made my butthole pucker up a little bit but the win was mine. lol

You get the point. Come here and you will get some races.

Greg, more people would give you a go if you didn't have your track number on the side of your bike. Drivers look over at you and with your leathers and all, you look like you just came off the track! It is intimidating, heck I looked over at you on our last ride and thought, daym I bet that bike is fast, and I ride the same bike. OK if you need to race someone I will come up to Iowa and take you on. I will race you up to 160 mph. At that time you must Quit shooting video and turn around so your facing foreward on your bike though. LOL

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
HAHAHAHAHA I'm rolling here, dude!!! You know darn welll I stop filming at 140 because the windspeed velocity past 140 is too much to turn back around in

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

This post got full of great stories quick! There WAS this one time the stang with really fat rear tires sort of chased us down, followed us on a few higher speed passes, than passed us as when we slowed down. So I pulled up next to him in the other lane and nodded at him but he waved off, slowed down and turned into the next driveway. Oh well.

Maybe I should be more hooligan. I just assumed more people might want to see if a busa [and rider] is REALLY everything they HEARD it was. happy to oblige if conditions are safe and clear enough

hey wwjd
this is off topic but
would jesus sell cheap "jewelry" with WWJD imprinted on it?
ive always wondered that, and since youre too far away to kick my a$$ i thought id ask you
hehehe
What's awesome is that his wwjd doesn't have anything to do with Jesus......... and the ww ain't for "what would", but rather, "why was"...

I've only been challenged once on my bike and I've had it for two years. The guy was driving a mid 80's vette. We pull up to a stop light and he keeps revving the engine looking over at me.  I wasn't gonna race until my wife (she was on the back) tells me I better not punk out. Light goes green, I get a good launch. Next thing I know I'm doing about 130 and I can't even see the guy in the mirrors.

Consider yerself lucky. Here in Tampa I am constantly being challenged by Guys
in Civics whose rims & tires cost more than their car!
wow.gif

And those with the annoying exhaust cans that make their cages sound more like a bike
than my stock Busa
rock.gif

And let us not forget all those retards that drive Ford Mustangs
mad.gif

I mean give me a break, they're driving a car that has a hard time beating Yugos.
laugh.gif

So all in all I'd say you've got it lucky not having to deal with all those annoying snots.

pirate.gif
Raider out.
I'm in Tampa aera also. I get these morons trying to mess with me all the time. I mean do they really even think they have a chance...

It's funny before i took the Busa stickers off the bike no one wanted to play. NOW no one seems to know what kind of bike it is and thay all want to give me a try

<!--EDIT|Cykill
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140988460 -->

Back