No racing

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
I've had my busa since 2003. almsot 30k on the odo now. It's COMPLETELY factory stock except frame sliders, heli-bars, and, yes I removed the side reflectors [which helps me on top speed runs]. Not one... I repeat NOT ONE offer to race me in or on ANY vehicle. Now I will never be the "street racer" idiot that puts anyone in harms way on public roads EVER but it would be nice for someone to pull up and wanna lay it down on the interstate, at a stop light or SOMETHING.... I guess it is like if you were really handsome but nobody ever TOLD you that, you would start getting a complex. I might have to go out and start pecking fights.

At lunch yesterday, I met another guy that is into fast cars and owns a viper. As he was talking about all the morons that pull up next to him and rev the engine, an idea formed in me head. I asked him if he got a lot a racing action in it and he said yeah quite a bit, usually on the interstate. So then I asked if he wanted to go play with me out in the out back. I said we could film it and have some fun. He knows what my bike is, and that it's factory stock... smiled and respectfully declined saying he'd hate to post a loss like that on his Viper board. I laughed and said we can film 4 runs: 2 with me winning for my board and 2 with you winning for yours, he laughed but still declined. He told me he'd squarshed a Honda 959 or something, but he won't roll with a Busa. I think it would be cool. Maybe someday I'll meet him on the street and get to rev my engine....

In the meantime, I'm starting to have ego problems! I'M UGLY AND NO BODY RACES ME!!!!!

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: "spelling like a cave man"|1140881002 -->

I've had my busa since 2003.  almsot 30k on the odo now.  It's COMPLETELY factory stock except frame sliders, heli-bars, and, yes I removed the side reflectors [which helps me on top speed runs].  Not one... I repeat  NOT ONE offer to race me in or on ANY vehicle.  Now I will never be the "street racer" idiot that puts anyone in harms way on public roads EVER but it would be nice for someone to pull up and wanna lay it down on the interstate, at a stop light or SOMETHING....   I guess it is like if you were really handsome but nobody ever TOLD you that, you would start getting a complex.  I might have to go out and start pecking fights.

At lunch yesterday, I met another guy that is into fast cars and owns a viper.  As he was talking about all the morons that pull up next to him and rev the engine, an idea formed in me head.  I asked him if he got a lot a racing action in it and he said yeah quite a bit, usually on the interstate.  So then I asked if he wanted to go play with me out in the out back.  I said we could film it and have some fun.  He knows what my bike is, and that it's factory stock... smiled and respectfully declined saying he'd hate to post a loss like that on his Viper board.  I laughed and said we can film 4 runs:  2 with me winning for my board and 2 with you winning for yours, he laughed but still declined.  He told me he'd squarshed a Honda 959 or something, but he won't roll with a Busa.  I think it would be cool.  Maybe someday I'll meet him on the street and get to rev my engine....

In the meantime, I'm starting to have ego problems!  I'M UGLY AND NO BODY RACES ME!!!!!
hmmmm.....odd eh?...and here my oldest daughter is about to turn 15 and get her Florida restricted DL and concerned that she hasn't saved much $$$ for her first cage...and here I was thinking that I'd just head on down to our local "Ricer Night" and pick out the youngest lad with the largest mouth and girlyfriend in tow and offer to race'im for pinks...in front of all his friends...and then "That" would become my oldest daughters new car she can't afford.
laugh.gif

and I'm thinking she'd look good in a slammed black civic with a kickazz sound system.
tounge.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Don't feel bad, i never get challenged to run either. Must be my big size or something. Not that i really want to street race my bike. Maybe 10 years ago when i was an active street racer, but not now.

Consider yerself lucky. Here in Tampa I am constantly being challenged by Guys
in Civics whose rims & tires cost more than their car!
wow.gif

And those with the annoying exhaust cans that make their cages sound more like a bike
than my stock Busa
rock.gif

And let us not forget all those retards that drive Ford Mustangs
mad.gif

I mean give me a break, they're driving a car that has a hard time beating Yugos.
laugh.gif

So all in all I'd say you've got it lucky not having to deal with all those annoying snots.

pirate.gif
Raider out.

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "1344"|1140885284 -->

shid....down here in south florida I get plenty of....uhem....."prompts"...from others on the road but it always ends the same...and seconds later they punk down...as I realize all they really wanted from the start was...to see my busa run.

I do get the occassional agressive twit on the interstate though....which generally comes from high end cages like bmw, audi, vette, mustang etc... owners...who will run up on me from behind and then attempt to assume an authoritive stance but one top gear flick of the wrist 80mph roll-on later?...the aggression goes away and they tend to reluctantly slouch back and assume their respective place in my life.
laugh.gif
tounge.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Not one... I repeat  NOT ONE offer to race me in or on ANY vehicle.  Now I will never be the "street racer" idiot that puts anyone in harms way on public roads EVER but it would be nice for someone to pull up and wanna lay it down on the interstate, at a stop light or SOMETHING....  
Maybe it's a IOWA thing
rock.gif
tounge.gif

I had 2 teenagers in one of those Fast & Furious Honda Civics  do the motor reving thing to me at a redlight . After the green , I was hitting the brakes before I even hit second gear . I could hardly seem them in the side mirror...
laugh.gif

P.S. ....I do not condone street racing .

<!--EDIT|Warputer
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140890497 -->

Funny thing happend the other day-- Two chicks in a ricer-- sitting at a red light-- Now get this-
I'm in my 67 Chevy 3/4 ton p.u. with a huge cabover camper on it. She blips her throttle twice- light turns green--Vrooom the 350 Smallblock growls in anger and there gone... 1st gear only up to about 45 mph. I think she flipped me off when i turned right and went by
cool.gif

I've made people go out, buy bikes, and modify them for the sole purpose of beating me. One went out and bought a K6 and slapped a pipe and PC on it ... still beat 'em while my bike was stock. Another went out and bought the R1 Raven. I haven't raced him yet. He had a 2001 R1 which I spanked. A few weeks later, he sold it and bought the Raven. "Rematch" was the first word out of his mouth.

Yes, I have to agree with you guys. I get the occasional idiot pull up & ask to run. I usually look at them & laugh then give them what they ask for. I had a worked dodge hemi truck ride my ass on I85 here in Atl. for 2 miles till I would run. I blew his A$$ away like he was standing still. I let him catch up & all he could do was smile & give me the thumbs up.

Consider yerself lucky. Here in Tampa I am constantly being challenged by Guys
in Civics whose rims & tires cost more than their car!
wow.gif

And those with the annoying exhaust cans that make their cages sound more like a bike
than my stock Busa
rock.gif

And let us not forget all those retards that drive Ford Mustangs
mad.gif

I mean give me a break, they're driving a car that has a hard time beating Yugos.
laugh.gif

So all in all I'd say you've got it lucky not having to deal with all those annoying snots.

pirate.gif
Raider out.
I had one of those guys try racing me one night too, guy just didn't know when to quit either. A friend of I are coming home on Hwy 167 and this dude pulls up next to us, we stayed right next to him up to 110 and then just left him standing. Then we took my time goiing the freeway, about 5 mins later this same car comes blowing by us doing at least 130, guess he must have thought we where still racing. We just laughed.

stop light or SOMETHING....  
let me up there for an hour quarantee someone will challenge me. see you have to instigate yourself also like look at the kidd in a slammed civic who you know spends all his money on sound system and rims and the thing is half way rusted out or ven a nice one that mommy and daddy bought just look over and grin at him and flick that throttle then slowly pull away but let him think he has you then juice it he will be in your hands forever

and I'm thinking she'd look good in a slammed black civic with a kickazz sound system.
tounge.gif
Now THAT's funny, Jinks!

WWJD, I rarely get prodded to race. People are constantly begging us to do wheelies all over the city and on the freeways. Stupid.

The last time we were prodded to race was on the freeway, a black 535i (or something like that) was doing the ol' lurch and surge on us and we blew by him like he was standing still. We never even exceed the speed limit and we never saw him again.

Funny stuff. Years ago, when I had the 1100 Katana, Vettes and Beemers were always trying to race me. One guy in a convertible Vette was revving his engine at me at a light one day. I raised my visor and he says, "I'll take you between here and the light."

I said, "Nah, I wouldn't want to embarrass you in front of your girlfriend." She was a cute blond.

He says, "C'mon, chicken!"

I said, "Well, don't say I didn't warn you, pal." Revved my engine a couple times.

Bear in mind, I launch like crap. Still, by the time I was at the next light, he was just clearing the opposite side of the first intersection. (Okay, that's an exaggeration but it sure seemed like it!
biggrin.gif
) He refused to pull up next to me at the light. I just laughed and took off when the light turned green.

Funny stuff. Gives 'em a chance to be humble for once in their lives.

--Wag--

hey wwjd
this is off topic but
would jesus sell cheap "jewelry" with WWJD imprinted on it?
ive always wondered that, and since youre too far away to kick my a$$ i thought id ask you
hehehe

Greg, more people would give you a go if you didn't have your track number on the side of your bike. Drivers look over at you and with your leathers and all, you look like you just came off the track! It is intimidating, heck I looked over at you on our last ride and thought, daym I bet that bike is fast, and I ride the same bike. OK if you need to race someone I will come up to Iowa and take you on. I will race you up to 160 mph. At that time you must Quit shooting video and turn around so your facing foreward on your bike though. LOL

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Geezzzzz, I feel bad and left out  
down.gif
. Everybody out here drives pickups or farm/ranch vehicles  
wink.gif
, and racing a combine isn't much fun