When will it end!?

NightCrawler

Love all. Trust a few. Do wrong to none.
Donating Member
Registered
Why is it that when you own a Hayabusa, you become the target everyone aims for?

Last year I owned a Honda F4. I rode that bike to work almost everyday and never had a problem. I sold that to get the Busa, and now everyone wants a piece of it.

First it was a 1999 ZX-9. I figured I'd have some fun with him so we did a little roll on from about 80mph. Not even close. Next was a 2001 R1. This took place right after the ZX-9 run on the way back to work. Again ... no challenge. Late '05 a co-worker of mine bought a K6 after hearing and reading they can hang with a Busa. He got an Arata pipe put on it as well as the other usual mods that go with a full exhaust upgrade. We did 2 one-mile runs from a full stop. The first run he claimed he kept hitting his rev limiter and that's why I beat him by 15 or so bikes. The second run, I beat him again, but not as bad ... only about 10 or so, but on that run I told him I'll take off once I see him move. That way he'll have some sort of advantage. Mind you, all this time my bike was still stock. I know those races against the K6 were primarily won by the rider and not the bike, and so does the mechanic who did his work. The K6 pilot went back and told his mechanic what happened and now his mechanic is upset that his "work" was beaten by a stock Hayabusa. According to the K6 pilot, the mechanic "used to race on the circuit" ... his exact words. So now this mechanic wants to race me using that same K6. Not only that, but I'm being told if I beat him he wants to then race me with his personal R1 (did I mention this guy was a professional racer and now owns a performance shop?). Also, now that I have a full exhaust on my bike, the owner of the 2001 R1 has since sold that bike and purchased an '06 R1 Raven. Yup, he now wants a rematch.

I don't brag, I don't boast, I don't come to work with my chest out and nose in the air spewing out I'm-the-best type comments. People at work refer to their bikes as beasts, animals, and demons ... while I refer to my bike as nothing more than a Busa.

At first, having everyone gunning for the 1300 madew me proud of what I had. Even more than I already was. Now its just getting annoying. I love racing and all, but not when someone "expects" me to do it or for someone else to see how their bike may fare against a Hayabusa. I do it for fun ... not to prove a point. As a matter of fact, this is the first time I even bothered to post about those races. Had I done so before, I would have felt as if I was bragging and that's not my style.

Either way, I see myself as the loser. If I lose the race, they can go on and on about how their 1000 beat a 1300. Or how they managed to top the "Fastest Production Bike in the World". Yet if I win, I can't really brag because that's what is expected. Sort of like a liter bike beating a 600 type thing.

OK .. I'm done ...move along ... nothing else to see here folks.

You could always sell it?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Really, it's a good problem to have isn't it?

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

and the other side of the coin is you have sooo much more to loose if you race and get caught, is it really worth it?
rock.gif
I mean, not to mother hen the topic but its all academic really, its rider skill not machine, so pro racer vs normal rider of good skill.... survey would say the pro should win, but you are racing two different types of apples. Its not apples vs oranges but its like a granny smith vs red delicious....not quite the same thing.
wink.gif

Why is it that when you own a Hayabusa, you become the target everyone aims for?

Last year I owned a Honda F4. I rode that bike to work almost everyday and never had a problem. I sold that to get the Busa, and now everyone wants a piece of it.

First it was a 1999 ZX-9. I figured I'd have some fun with him so we did a little roll on from about 80mph. Not even close. Next was a 2001 R1. This took place right after the ZX-9 run on the way back to work. Again ... no challenge. Late '05 a co-worker of mine bought a K6 after hearing and reading they can hang with a Busa. He got an Arata pipe put on it as well as the other usual mods that go with a full exhaust upgrade. We did 2 one-mile runs from a full stop. The first run he claimed he kept hitting his rev limiter and that's why I beat him by 15 or so bikes. The second run, I beat him again, but not as bad ... only about 10 or so, but on that run I told him I'll take off once I see him move. That way he'll have some sort of advantage. Mind you, all this time my bike was still stock. I know those races against the K6 were primarily won by the rider and not the bike, and so does the mechanic who did his work. The K6 pilot went back and told his mechanic what happened and now his mechanic is upset that his "work" was beaten by a stock Hayabusa. According to the K6 pilot, the mechanic "used to race on the circuit" ... his exact words. So now this mechanic wants to race me using that same K6. Not only that, but I'm being told if I beat him he wants to then race me with his personal R1 (did I mention this guy was a professional racer and now owns a performance shop?). Also, now that I have a full exhaust on my bike, the owner of the 2001 R1 has since sold that bike and purchased an '06 R1 Raven. Yup, he now wants a rematch.

I don't brag, I don't boast, I don't come to work with my chest out and nose in the air spewing out I'm-the-best type comments. People at work refer to their bikes as beasts, animals, and demons ... while I refer to my bike as nothing more than a Busa.

At first, having everyone gunning for the 1300 madew me proud of what I had. Even more than I already was. Now its just getting annoying. I love racing and all, but not when someone "expects" me to do it or for someone else to see how their bike may fare against a Hayabusa. I do it for fun ... not to prove a point. As a matter of fact, this is the first time I even bothered to post about those races. Had I done so before, I would have felt as if I was bragging and that's not my style.

Either way, I see myself as the loser. If I lose the race, they can go on and on about how their 1000 beat a 1300. Or how they managed to top the "Fastest Production Bike in the World". Yet if I win, I can't really brag because that's what is expected. Sort of like a liter bike beating a 600 type thing.

OK .. I'm done ...move along ... nothing else to see here folks.
dude that's not even a problem. It's just a few fellow riders wanting friendly challenge.

When I get on my busa every tom, #### and jane on local/freeway/mountains wants to race me, honking their horns, flipping me off(i'm doing steady 65), revving their engines. Almost every single one of them whether they be on a bike or in a cage.

Two models that gives me the most ridiculous headaches = fkers in Bimmers(all model) and llamas in Nissan maximas(lol). They floor the throttle and they are doing 120 on pump gas I mean come on?!? why you wanna honk and rev your engines for? I'm not interested in racing your sorry ass cage or your run down CBR.

Sick and tired.

p.s. I own a red/black 05.

I never get challenged, never.  I really think it comes down to the look a rider has on his bike. Myself, i'm a big guy and i think that keeps your average joe from bugging me. Ironicly, when my lil' sister takes my Busa out, she's a small thing but she's purposely looking for dudes to mess with and she never gets any challengers either. If your ever around Waynesboro,Va and spot a small girl on a lowered and stretched Busa, that's her on the prowl.

PS. Also, if you see a big ogre dude riding a 03' LE R6 behind a Busa, that's my ass. Can you say "monkey f'in a football"?

The most funny and ridicules of all are the HD guys. I have several here at the Base who always want to run me on their HD's. Most want to roll on in 1st gear. Of course none have ever ridden anything but HD's, and I understand how they think they are fast. I used to think my old GSXR1100 was the fastest bike ever. Right up until I bought my 05 Busa. I also thought my Nifty Thrifty Honda 350 was fast, when I was 14 years old, and then I rode a Honda 550 Four. Man, what a rush that was...

David

Either way, I see myself as the loser. If I lose the race, they can go on and on about how their 1000 beat a 1300. Or how they managed to top the "Fastest Production Bike in the World". Yet if I win, I can't really brag because that's what is expected.
It's actually a triple whammy. If you decline to race, you're considered chicken and railed on for that.

You can never win no matter what.

But you still know!
wink.gif

--Wag--

MUSTANGS!!! It seems that 90% of them (no matter their condition) cause me the most annoyance. After that it's the occasional Camero, but NO WHERE NEAR the number of Mustangs.

My favorite is when they whip out to pass and stick beside me instead of going on around. I have got to the point of starting to swear when I notice one in my mirror.

It will end when you stop looking for and/or accepting them. Ignoring them is not an easy task but rewarding...just roll away at slow as possible..let eveyone pass you that trys. Grant everyone that seems to desire a pass their wish.

But when you are alone and you are sure no one is watching ...unleash hell.
cool.gif

It will end when you stop looking for and/or accepting them. Ignoring them is not an easy task but rewarding...just roll away at slow as possible..let eveyone pass you that trys. Grant everyone that seems to desire a pass their wish.

But when you are alone and you are sure no one is watching ...unleash hell.
cool.gif
+1

I think alot of people try to race just to see what the busa can do and see it in action. They already know that thay will lose, especially the cagers. Maybe that is just here in Minnesota because I doent see too many busas out here or I could be wrong iduno.

tell him to "get in line" ....you have other races to handle first and then "you'll get back to him".

I didn't realize Barnum & Bailey and racers ..... sounds like the circus is as close to any circuit the mechanic might have been....
you should ask if he was one of those guys that went round and round in the circular cage!
laugh.gif

Miami is 150% attitude .... some little punta always has their mouth runnin.
mad.gif

I don't particularly set out looking to race anyone (usually
wink.gif
), but it does seem like a lot of idiots want to try to best the 'ole Busa. Whether or not I run them depends solely on my take of the situation. Road conditions, familiarity with the road, traffic, weather, ect.- if anything is amiss then I decline. Mostly I've only had 4 wheeled challenges, which we all know that, by and large, is typically no challenge for a motorcycle. Honestly, I think most of the drivers just wanted to see how hard I would run. A myriad of 4 wheelers have come at me-Corvettes, Porsches even a Neon (pathetic I know, but the Neon ran harder than the Porsche). The last one was a Miata. This guy was a first class @sshole. Couldn't stand to let me pass him. We were on one of the very few winding roads in this area and the passing zones were short, few and far inbetween. I got around him only to see him riding my @ss at 100 m.p.h. So I took it up to 150 and put some distance between us. The next time I saw him, I was sitting at a stop sign waiting on the cross traffic to cease. He stayed 1/4 mile back, never did approach the intersection until I had left. Then of course, you also have the B.S.er's. One of my wife's coworkers was talkin' smack about how his pickup could out run my bike. I put out an offer to run him for $500. Normally I would never do something like that, but I was kind of irritated. I also figured if he was that dumb then, what the hell, I could use a little pocket money. He declined and that was that. To get to my incredibly long winded point,
tounge.gif
, you have to choose your battles. If you race every comer, every time, every place, you are bound for trouble. In the end, the whole point is to have fun and to live to ride again. Remember to keep your wits about you and stay cool headed. I made the mistake (twice) of letting my anger cloud my judgement while on my motorcycles. Each time it was due to another drivers stupidity, and each time the result was a near disaster for me. Ride hard, but ride smart!
umnik.gif

I think the people that said the challengers just want to see the bike in action have got it right. I drive a 1996 dodge caravan with a 3.0 V6/3 speed auto (custom air intake made by me, mind you) and I wouldn't even think twice about challenging a busa! Hell yes I would lose, but hell yes it would be fun. When I went to a friend's graduation, there were a few people with "riced out" civics etc. On the way home one of them and I stopped at a red light. Needless to say he smoked (actually he didn't beat me that badly) me (only because I had 3 others in my car) but hey it was fun to see what his car could do.

On the other hand, I'd be more relaxed on the busa since I know full well who it can and can't beat. I don't think I'd do too many races either because I like my low insurance rates/perfectly spic and span driving record.

<!--EDIT|kdawg31337
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138249248 -->

I never get challenged, never.  I really think it comes down to the look a rider has on his bike. Myself, i'm a big guy and i think that keeps your average joe from bugging me. Ironicly, when my lil' sister takes my Busa out, she's a small thing but she's purposely looking for dudes to mess with and she never gets any challengers either. If your ever around Waynesboro,Va  and spot a small girl on a lowered and stretched Busa, that's her on the prowl.

PS. Also, if you see a big ogre dude riding a 03' LE R6 behind a Busa, that's my ass. Can you say "monkey f'in a football"?
Me neither - I've had mine a year and a half, and nobody even tries... OK by me...

It is fustrating that they think just because you are ridding a busa that you want to prove to them your better...but just knowing and letting them be is my Joy!!!
biggrin.gif

Back