How many tickets for your Busa?

How many tickets for your Busa? - Fess up, have you been caught?

• Never even been looked at

Votes: 267 99.6%
  • Given the evil eye, but no flashing lights

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pulled over, but let off easy

• 1 tickets

• 2 tickets

• 3-5 tickets

• 6-10 tickets

• can't count'em anymore

• Flashing lights, but I'm too fast-haven't been caught yet

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I'm surprised no one picked the out ran the police choice. Is it because no one has sucessfully done it, doesn't want to set a bad example, or thinks the police will read this poll and track ya down?

I have only actually outran the police once it was quite a while ago. On my 750 GSXR, he was never even behind me. When he turned around I nailed it and took my first left. Never saw him again. It is hard to outrun a radio and it really pisses them off. If I can hide or take a turn I will but no outrunning for me. On a footnote Kudos to NH State Police. I got pulled over on RT25 headed to Weirs Beach it was about 10 pm no one around I was gaining on his car at about 65-70 he sped up to get my speed. I knew at that point it was a cop. He then pulled over on the shoulder and popped on the blues. He checked my Reg etc asked me if I knew why he stopped me I said no. He said speeding etc. He asked where in Maine I was from I told him and he was the most professional most couteous police officer I have ever met. He asked if I needed directions and said take it easy there where alot of animals etc. I am not just saying this because he let me go. I think he figured that I had been riding for 2 hours and on this backroad with no houses it wasnt that important to give me a ticket. But it was his professionalism that made me rethink the way I see police officers

One of the best things i have used when the cop pulls me over is to use the JEDI MIND TRICK !!!!

COP: "Do you know how fast you were going ?"

ME: "i was going 45 just like the sign says " ---while waving   my hand in front of him

COP: "yes you were going 45 "

ME: "i was not doing 160 in a 45 "-----jedi wave again

Cop: "you wernt doing 160 in a 45 "

ME: "your free to go and have a nice day "

COP:  "your free to go and have a nice day "

ME: "Now go and pull over the cagers using their cell phones running red lights" "and any ZX-12's you see "
-----jedi wave and

on my way ..... ......   biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  cool.gif

biggrin.gif

hmmm, not sure if I try jedi mind tricks on the police. They might get a little peeved 11doh.gif
I don't have a good track record with understanding police.

got pulled for 43 in a 25. I was using the side entrance to the area I live in and they had just re-zoned from a 35. Cop underwrote it to 36 so I wouldn't have to go to court for it.

:devil: I speed fairly often ......highway for the most part... Haven't had a ticket in about 10 yrs...not on a bike. :devil:

Got pulled over in a group. (Allot of complaints from the locals), but they let us all off. :bounce: One of the officers was laughing the whole time.........Our stories were pretty creative though.

1 ticket on the busie 1 & 1/2 yrs ago and insurance just raised me $800 per year! Now thats CRIMINAL!:mad:

I stay on the throttle hard as f*ck when I ride. If they can manage to catch up to me, I deserve the ticket. I've never gotten a ticket on a motorcycle, because I ride in two modes-

1) like a harley rider, mellow and relaxed, takin it easy and cruisin

2) like a maniac, where I drag the pegs in the turns, launch hard as fook at every light, whiteline cars on the highway, and rarely do I go under 140+mph. I'll ride like I'm being chased

Anything inbetween = tickets. If you ride hard, they cant catch you, they cant even get close. It's not that you're running from them on purpose, you are just riding hard, and dont know they are chasing you, LOL

Mike

Haven't been pulled over on the Busa.  (Knock, knock - this is me knocking on wood)

Have had many tickets on other bikes.  Me & my bud were comming back from Payson & got matching speeding tickets with sequential serial #'s.  89 in a 65.   We framed em!
This is criminal where we live but in the county we were ticketed in they allowed us to go to school.

Got a 92 in a 75 going through new mexico on a 750 Kat with a trailer behind it in the rain.  Lucky I slowed down for the rain! :super:

Got 1 ticket on the Busa of a potential 2...

.......didn't stick around for the second one at SportBikeWest '03.

No tickets yet.

Was dumb enuff to run when i saw the lights flashing and him turning around. He didn't catch me.

I don't think I would do that again tho.

Was on a trip thru the mountains this past saturday. Coming upto a small town, many speed traps in them small mountain towns.
Was not paying attention and sure enough I was doing about 20 mph over the limit. There was a cop sitting on the side of the road radar in hand, on a tricked-out pearl white Harly.
Fortunately all he did was smile and wave :eek:

I think I will listen to my innerself next time and slow down.

Ride safe  

Never caught on the Busa, few times on my 98' HRC CBR 600 of which one time was clocked @ 139mph on the parkway racing my friends ZX-9r. We thought we had gotten away but ole smokey pulled into the burger joint we stopped at. AMAZINGLY, didnt give us tickets.He stood around and talked about his 94' RF600 for about 20 minutes. Needless to say for that 20 minutes my friend and I thought the RF was the greatest thing on two wheels !! I didnt know what would be worse, a ticket or him yappin about his dinosuar. I Hate to comment on this topic,usually I jinx myself. laugh.gif

I see what Busaheads sayin but it only goes so far. On the other hand, the Mikeyusf technique is a effective and common practice. (note: didnt say safe!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back